OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Hated 2017 shape. It honestly made me fall out of love with that shoe.

I agree with you 💯%. Man, it is SOOOOO Bad. If you compare solely it to the 1998's, they look like bad, local hood gas station fakes, you'd see in the mid 2000's. They 2004's had a totally different shape, but didn't look too bad. Hell, even the 2013's had an okay shape. They lacked because of the 3M missing, though.

This current mold isn’t perfect still, but I can take a new pair in this current generation. That 2017 release was disrespectful, I passed on them after selling my 2013 pair because those just weren’t the same.

We need better for these smh

I know right. I bought a NDS 2017 pair, a few years ago, because I wanted to own a pair of every release. The shoe itself is a fake. I mean it's NO f'ing way around it. I'll post some comparsion pics, when I get a chance. Jordan Brand STILL needs their ***** whooped for releasing them *****.

Yeah the 2017 was horrible from that dull red to the shape to the overall fit. I still can't believe I had to half size up on these and even then they still fit snug.

I'd dare say the 2012 Black Cement 4's were a BETTER retro, than the 2017 Black & Red 13's. And y'all KNOW how I feel about the 4's. Those were atrocious!!!

Correct. Anorexic Flints.. comfort was pretty good though and I don't think the materials were that bad but shape and quality was poop. 98>05>2020.

I think you mean 98>05>10>2020.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
But yeah man, I passed HARD on EVERY 13, just simply because the shape has been complete ashy *** cheeks, for 6 years. It's been colorways that I've wanted, like the Court Purps, and Brave Blues, and UNC's, but I JUST couldn't do it!

I'd look at those cheap, long cliff toes, and be like...

throw-up-dry-heave.gif

💯

I'd dare say the 2012 Black Cement 4's were a BETTER retro, than the 2017 Black & Red 13's.
Stretching it there. 2017 version does have a bad toe shape. The knock on the red is a little exaggerated as well. But these are a little blown out of proportion with hate imo. Btw, had the original, the 04, and these as well. They are not that bad at all.

Stretching it there. 2017 version does have a bad toe shape. The knock on the red is a little exaggerated as well. But these are a little blown out of proportion with hate imo. Btw, had the original, the 04, and these as well. They are not that bad at all.

It's not just the toe shape, that cut of the shoe itself is lower than the other versions. This made them have to stretch the rest of the sneaker out, making them look long, pointy, and weird.

Yea saying 2013 Bred 4’s better than 2017 Bred 13’s is a bridge too far imo. The 13’s at least have the reflective mesh, and when 13’s on feet the cliff toes aren’t as apparent as 4’s. Them 4’s had no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Also, not sure I’d put 2010 Flints above the 2020. Probably not.

2018 HGG was a decent retro, better than 2017 Breds or 2020 Flints.

I agree with you 💯%. Man, it is SOOOOO Bad. If you compare solely it to the 1998's, they look like bad, local hood gas station fakes, you'd see in the mid 2000's. They 2004's had a totally different shape, but didn't look too bad. Hell, even the 2013's had an okay shape. They lacked because of the 3M missing, though.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
But yeah man, I passed HARD on EVERY 13, just simply because the shape has been complete ashy *** cheeks, for 6 years. It's been colorways that I've wanted, like the Court Purps, and Brave Blues, and UNC's, but I JUST couldn't do it!

I'd look at those cheap, long cliff toes, and be like...
Couldn’t find any inaccuracies here. I haven’t bought any of these new run of 13’s besides the recent playoff release which I still have my gripes about but overall a good retro . Like you mentioned the 4’s and how they look like lows compared to the OG’s/earlier retros is the same way I feel about these. Most of them look like low tops with a hologram as I’ve stated before. No real height to them no bulk and the infamous jb banana shape. I remember being so hype about the 2017 when I saw they had the 3m but that’s the only thing good about that retro imo. I wore them to target the first day I got em and they killed my feet in less than an hour(clear sign of a bad 13 retro as they are usually comfy as hell), put them on eBay soon after and never wore them again. 2004 bred is the best 13 retro ever, 2013 shape is superior to 2017 but no 3m, 2017 shape is horrid but has the 3m, it’s the games jb plays. If the 2013 released with 3m that would be a home run retro. The fact that they decide to start releasing these fire 3m colorways with that shape is a travesty but why would jb care if folks coppin and convincing themselves that these are quality retros while paying higher retail each time. I understand that much

I wish I had gotten to keep my Black Red 13s but God the toebox was abysmal. Suede wasn't the right shade of True Red. Not to mention a boot toe that curved like a banana that was tight and didn't break in due to how crappy the toebox leather was. If they come back with better quality like the recent Playoffs, I will gladly buy a pair and KEEP them. Only 13s I still got are my Chicago's from 2017 which imo, were pretty good quality. Much softer leather at the toe and overall the (synthetic) leather wasn't too bad. Don't have any issues wearing them today. Was gonna say I dunno why they used Team Red instead of True Red but the reason was so they can release them again soon as being "true to OG specs". :lol:

Last edited:
I got a bit lazy last year and mostly wore the same dozen pairs of sneakers. I’m making a concerted effort this year to wear pairs I haven’t worn in a while. Think I didn’t wear these at all in 2023, but have now worn them 3 times this year. I forgot how much I love them!

IMG_6840.jpeg

Bred 13’s are a goat. I still love my 2017 pair, even though it’s a pretty poor retro. If they ever do them right again it’s an easy double up.

I remember staring at these at Footaction in 2017. I had bought the Chicago months earlier and was ok with 'em. For whatever reason I thought the Breds looked cheap. And the dull red against black had no pop either. Tried to convince myself to buy them but passed. The OG is one of the best AJs ever so I hope they get some respect in the future. Speaking of respect, I got those China Love and Respects in 2018. The nice leather on them is plusher than all recent 13s. Hope we get some better materials stateside in the future. :emoji_thinking:

Back
Top Bottom