OG NIKE AIR JORDAN CONCORDS FTPS + SIGNATURE LEGIT CHECK + PRICE CHECK

Hey what’s up guys. I’ve just re-joined nike talk after a while. Anyway, here’s the point after years of posting a sneaker related question here on nike talk I’ve gotta ask for help on this one. Anyways, to make the story short the point is I’m walking through this flea market on NYC (now I regularly don’t like the idea of shopping at flea markets) so I kept walking… then I saw some Air Jordan 11 concords which looked pretty old and kinda bottom yellow soles but had a lot of shine –normally this means great patent leather quality so out of curiosity I came closer and picked up the sneaker and they were signed saying:

“Best Wishes, Michael Jordan”.

Then I look into the tag and it says: (SEE PICS)

MADE IN TAIWAN

SAMPLE FTPS

130245 101 00

SIZE 13.5

So I thought to myself wow and google the “130245 101 00” label on my phone. Now I know this is too much of a coincidence but to my discovery I was convinced I was holding  the Original OG 1995 Nike Air Jordan Concords. I was even more shocked that they were signed and that the old lady who sold them to be had no idea what they were or where they may have come from…

So I come here for help I am providing plenty of pictures of the shoes and the tags to #1 verify authenticity and #2 are these really what I think they are FTPS Player Samples size 13.5 for Michael Jordan on these possibly game worn 1995 Original Air Jordan 11 Concords? I need you guys help let me know. PM me, Reply, repost, I don’t mind let me know Thanks. 

http://photobucket.com/alexmasternyc_concords

Last edited:
As for the shoes, they're definately legit. The tag codes matches my old 95 Concords, the patent leather has a high cut, and I highly doubt fakes will have Sample on the tag or a sz13.5. A lot of the times samples dont come with boxes, so that explains that.

As for the sig you might wanna get that appraised and documented. But Mike was a 13.5, and it really looks real, so might just check out.

Ultimate come up if it all checks out :nthat:

Last edited:
Yep, the XIs themselves are definitely legit.

I would echo what Air Thompson said about the sig though and even if it looks to match up with MJ's real sig, there's no way of authenticating it simply by looks alone.

The shoe size is correct, although it's commonly known that MJ wore a 13.5 on one foot and a 13 on the other. Having said that of course, it's not written in stone and if a particular shoe happened to fit him nicely, it's more than possible he could have just gone with 13.5 on both feet. 

Either way it's a great find in a thrift store! 

I like these kind of stories though, always makes me wonder what the shoe's history is. How many people have owned them? Did they once sell for thousands of dollars? Was someone forced to sell them for financial reasons? etc.

I mean, at some point in time these surely would have been someone's most prized possession ...what could possibly have been the story behind them to find their way into a thrift store after all these years?

Either that's a legit sig, or a professional con artist copy.. that thing looks pretty much identical to what was posted up there^..

So lucky man.. how much did you pay the lady, if you don't mind me asking?

The shoes are legit. Its a sales sample, and not really rare or anything to write home about, but on its own, they're worth a tad bit more than a regular pair. there were tons of those sales samples around. I had a pair that came in a lot of 60 pairs i bought from a collector a few years ago. I have pictures somewhere i can post if i find them. I ended up selling them for $750

The signature does look good, but thats not something that we can authenticate for you. Everyone knows what his sig looks like, but the pro's can tell you if its the real deal.
And i don't see why its not.

Last edited:
Al -if they were sales samples surely they would be FTSS?

...also, most likely they would be a size 9

Last edited:
Al -if they were sales samples surely they would be FTSS?

...also, most likely they would be a size 9

hmm, yeah you're right. i need to look for the pics i took when i sold them. i have them around somewhere on a hard drive. I dont remember which mine was or if it said PS or SS, but i do remember the gentlemen i bought the lot from definitely said they were a sales sample. He used to own a mom and pop shoe store here in Chicago and put goodies to the side.

And honestly i neglected the fact that the OP's tag definitely says PS, which is a player sample obviously. There aren't tons out there, but they're not uber rare either.

Either way, OP struck gold!

Last edited:
Thanks for the support guys. So far so good you've been really helpful.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just to answer some questions out there These were bought at A COMPLETE STEAL FIRE SALE PRICE SIMPLY ON THE FACT THAT THE OLD LADY WHO SOLD THEM TO ME HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE, IN FACT I DON'T EVEN THINK SHE NOTICED THEY WERE SIGNED OR ANYTHING. ANYWAYS I ENDED UP BUYING THESE FOR THE EQUIVALENT OF 2 VETI MOCHA LATTES AT STARBUCKS (YUP BELIEVE IT OR NOT JUST $10) I KNOW... I'M STILL PINCHING MYSELF!!!!!

ANYWAYS, APHEXACID IF YOU COULD FIND THOSE PICS OF THE ONES YOU SOLD LET ME KNOW MAN THAT'D BE REALLY USEFUL; ALSO DID THE ONES YOU SELL HAPPENED TO BE SIGNED? PICS WOULD HELP.... THANK YOU, AGAIN GUYS!

Can't believe you only paid 10 bucks for these!!   I'm new to NikeTalk usually do all my stuff on eBay and a little bit on ************* but anyways I would love to buy these from you, they look legit to me I know sometimes autographs are tough to authenticate but the tags look right and all to me, what do you want for them?   Anything you're looking for or just cash?  Thanks for your time.    reply to here or __ thanks.

Last edited:

Can't believe you only paid 10 bucks for these!!   I'm new to NikeTalk usually do all my stuff on eBay and a little bit on ************* but anyways I would love to buy these from you, they look legit to me I know sometimes autographs are tough to authenticate but the tags look right and all to me, what do you want for them?   Anything you're looking for or just cash?  Thanks for your time.   
Yeah,guess i got really really lucky on this one. Thanks for checking up my post... anyhow, i wasn't really trying to get rid of these, not at least at the present time; i'd probably end up adding this to my humble but high quality collection and then maybe later on find an establish Sports signature/DNA authenticator that would verify its signature at a reasonable price. but just curious what's your offer for this mysterious - 1995 Original In great condition, Nike Air Jordan 11 Concord pair FTPS Player Sample, which could have possibly been game worn, possibly signed by the greatest NBA basketball player of all time- MJ Himself?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I honestly believe these were MJ's explains why they're 13.5 sample. His sig is on them, and he gave them away as a gift to someone, and ended up in the ladies hand overtime. Who knows tho.

I honestly believe these were MJ's explains why they're 13.5 sample. His sig is on them, and he gave them away as a gift to someone, and ended up in the ladies hand overtime. Who knows tho.
yes maybe something crazy probably happened to someone and they ended up in the hands of someone who had no idea what they were other than old used over sized sneakers. LOL 

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just to answer some questions out there These were bought at A COMPLETE STEAL FIRE SALE PRICE SIMPLY ON THE FACT THAT THE OLD LADY WHO SOLD THEM TO ME HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE, IN FACT I DON'T EVEN THINK SHE NOTICED THEY WERE SIGNED OR ANYTHING. ANYWAYS I ENDED UP BUYING THESE FOR THE EQUIVALENT OF 2 VETI MOCHA LATTES AT STARBUCKS (YUP BELIEVE IT OR NOT JUST $10) I KNOW... I'M STILL PINCHING MYSELF!!!!!

ANYWAYS, APHEXACID IF YOU COULD FIND THOSE PICS OF THE ONES YOU SOLD LET ME KNOW MAN THAT'D BE REALLY USEFUL; ALSO DID THE ONES YOU SELL HAPPENED TO BE SIGNED? PICS WOULD HELP.... THANK YOU, AGAIN GUYS!

Where you looking to sell them?

I WAS THINKING EBAY OR SELL THEM TO A HIGH END COLLECTOR I KNOW PERSONALLY. BUT LIKE I SAID, CURRENTLY I AM NOT TAKING OFFERS FOR THESE YET. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE AUTOGRAPH ON THESE CONFIRMED AND VERIFIED, AS WELL AS APPRAISED BY SPORT PROFESSIONALS AND THEN MAYBE THINK ABOUT RESELLING THEM AT AROUND FAIR VALUE.

THANKS FOR ASKING BY THE WAY
pimp.gif

I WAS THINKING EBAY OR SELL THEM TO A HIGH END COLLECTOR I KNOW PERSONALLY. BUT LIKE I SAID, CURRENTLY I AM NOT TAKING OFFERS FOR THESE YET. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE AUTOGRAPH ON THESE CONFIRMED AND VERIFIED, AS WELL AS APPRAISED BY SPORT PROFESSIONALS AND THEN MAYBE THINK ABOUT RESELLING THEM AT AROUND FAIR VALUE.

THANKS FOR ASKING BY THE WAY
pimp.gif
ok cool yo i hope it all works out for you too but keep me posted on them 

The shoes appear to be real, but I am not expert.  I am lucky enough to have a pair and they do look like mine.  I am not familiar with the FTPS on the label.

The signature, in my opinion is not real.  I've learned the hard way.  I have purchased MANY items that turned out to be fakes. The single best website and probably one of the single most knoweldgeable Jordan signature guys is the world ...www.rareair23.com.  Spend 10 minutes and you wont find any MJ sigs that match.  Several problems.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Only $10? Thats steal of the century fam. I hope that signature works out for you.

Nice find OP :smokin :wow: .... can't believe the lady didn't even know how valuable the shoe's could have been :lol:

First and foremost Thanks again to everyone for your very much informative input and opinions. I know its been a while since i've updated this post i don't mean to keep you guys (and myself) waiting knowing everyone here has contributed alot. I Did create this post looking for info and opinions but i have unfortunately been super busy with other stuff. Thats why i haven't logged in for a while. But i have AMAZING SHOCKING NEWS... NEW POST COMING REALLY REALLY SOON... STAYED TUNED... WAIT FOR IT... WAIT FOR IT... 

The shoes appear to be real, but I am not expert. I am lucky enough to have a pair and they do look like mine. I am not familiar with the FTPS on the label.

The signature, in my opinion is not real. I've learned the hard way. I have purchased MANY items that turned out to be fakes. The single best website and probably one of the single most knoweldgeable Jordan signature guys is the world ...www.rareair23.com. Spend 10 minutes and you wont find any MJ sigs that match. Several problems.
Thanks again for your valued opinion. BUT NEXT POST IS SANTA CLAUS FOR HALLOWEEN! EARLY CHRISTMASSSSSS!  
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom