OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

So I got to hold these in hand

And honestly not to beat a dead horse here

But the damn shape is awful

Now don't get me wrong I've long accepted the fact I'll never get like that 01 retro shape

But the shape on these are not even as good as the what 2014's which is crazy

And I'm not just speaking toe box even the ankle area is just bad to me

And for 220 box plus tax I'm passing can't do it

Also stop thinking this is limited it's not

Also many may pass as like what 2 weeks later spacejams drop for the same price(also not limited)

how's the blue?. the shade of blue looks navy in that exclucity video above

I've noticed the shape looks more off than the 2011. These even Look bad shape wise compared to the CM 3s

Last edited:
I was previously into these, and don't mind the shape or red, or blue hue.  However, after wearing my fire reds this weekend, I realized that while 3s look nice, they're actually not that comfortable compared to 4s, which are my favorite.  I simply can't keep buying shoes and actually have time to wear/enjoy them all.  And I have the infrared 3s, which is a white based shoe, and I actually think looks better than the white cements.  Between those and the FRs, I'd hardly wear these.  I think I'll stick with 4s, which I like much better (not as plain and more comfortable), and hold off for the black cement 3s as the only one I really would go for at this point.

I was previously into these, and don't mind the shape or red, or blue hue.  However, after wearing my fire reds this weekend, I realized that while 3s look nice, they're actually not that comfortable compared to 4s, which are my favorite. [COLOR=#red] I simply can't keep buying shoes and actually have time to wear/enjoy them all.[/COLOR]  And I have the infrared 3s, which is a white based shoe, and I actually think looks better than the white cements.  Between those and the FRs, I'd hardly wear these.  I think I'll stick with 4s, which I like much better (not as plain and more comfortable), and hold off for the black cement 3s as the only one I really would go for at this point.

Yup that's the dilemma of a sneaker enthusiast. So many shoes... not enough time to wear them.

Last edited:
So I got to hold these in hand

And honestly not to beat a dead horse here

But the damn shape is awful

Now don't get me wrong I've long accepted the fact I'll never get like that 01 retro shape

But the shape on these are not even as good as the what 2014's which is crazy

And I'm not just speaking toe box even the ankle area is just bad to me

And for 220 box plus tax I'm passing can't do it

Also stop thinking this is limited it's not

Also many may pass as like what 2 weeks later spacejams drop for the same price(also not limited)

Yeah, I just can't accept these either. I will keep passing until they get them closer to the OG's(if they ever do)especially the shade of the elephant print and the height in the front with the elephant print. OG's didn't come up so high. Overall, it's just a terrible job by Jordan Brand.

Yup that's the dilemma of a sneaker enthusiast. So many shoes... not enough time to wear them.
Heh...definitely a struggle!  I spent most of this year making sure that I wore any DS shoes I have left to help decrease the probability of cracking if I bring them out after too many years.  Hopefully I won't cave in!  At least I've been able to resist the premium 4s....just not willing to drop $400+tax on shoes....

Does anyone have an idea if this is going to be a general release like the "Black Metallic" 5's?

Vamp has claimed to have seen them and was able to confirm what most of us already figured based on past NA $220 releases, and that is these will be mass produced.

With that being said these were never a day one purchase for me. I'll fall back and try to catch below retail like I was able to with some of the other $220 releases.

So I got to hold these in handAnd I'm not just speaking toe box even the ankle area is just bad to me

ya the ankle collar was looking dehydrated in the early pics

they look better in the video tho - not as sunken in

might be one of those things where we have to sort through a couple pairs/mix-match in store to get a good pair

have honestly had to do that with my more recent aj's on release day - get there first/early & they usually don't have a problem helping with that

That elephant print look 
sick.gif
. if these hit the outlets maybe, but Chicago sales tax 10.25% #pass. Look at the blue lol

Last edited:
Dunno what yall complaining about, they look great here :pimp:

To Be fair just taking them for true blues as is I can't be mad at that

True blue 3's are simply classic period even older crap quality pairs were still bought lol

Now maybe because I'm older and I've had and worn 01's when they dropped etc... I'm a tad more nit picky on the execution of the shoe

And also I'm factoring my issues with the shoe and the price and that could be swaying me more also

But at my age I need to justify some purchases

And to me $240 with tax for this shoe I just can't do it for some nike air on the back and a quality level I'm not 100% happy with

Now with that being said the shoe as I said is classic and a beautiful shoe without question

So if these things don't bother you cool can't knock you

But don't knock me either ya know lol

Dunno what yall complaining about, they look great here :pimp:

To Be fair just taking them for true blues as is I can't be mad at that

True blue 3's are simply classic period even older crap quality pairs were still bought lol

Now maybe because I'm older and I've had and worn 01's when they dropped etc... I'm a tad more nit picky on the execution of the shoe

And also I'm factoring my issues with the shoe and the price and that could be swaying me more also

But at my age I need to justify some purchases

And to me $240 with tax for this shoe I just can't do it for some nike air on the back and a quality level I'm not 100% happy with

Now with that being said the shoe as I said is classic and a beautiful shoe without question

So if these things don't bother you cool can't knock you

But don't knock me either ya know lol

I had 01's and 08's too. I actually prefer the inner blue tongue over the red but I cant be mad at the OG style and Nike Air at the back. Best release this year.

From the retail pairs I've seen, these are the only remastered Nike airs I've seen that just don't look right to me. I didn't buy the nation 6s but at least they looked very nice and true to the original. Jb looks like they put more effort into quality for the cyber 3s than these

Knowing bc3 eventually coming these are an easy pass 4 me...237 out the door? Hell no. Keep them captain Americas with his swole tongue

I'm a shoe shape guy so I am not impressed with these.I am by no means asking for the original shape, but these would be nice 

Angles and cuts make a shoe, when things are sloppy and inconsistent, it looks off. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom