OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

It honestly seems like you guys are more upset that you paid $220 for a shoe that's still sitting.

If these were a QS release, you guys would just be happy you had a pair.

It's not passive, if you're not happy with your purchase RETURN. THE. SHOE.

Coming in here and arguing about the price and quality makes no sense if you're going to keep the shoe.

That's the basic point of what people are saying. No one is forcing you to keep those shoes that you don't like that you paid $220 for.
Its tough tho. Theyve got us stuck in a hard place. Ive wanted this shoe for a real long time and I dont care about price/inflation. Thats whatever to me. But, the more I look at my crooked heel tab, the more disappointed I become. My options are return the shoe. Or, buy another $200+ pair and HOPE they are better and return the jank pair. Its a lose lose really.

All I can say is my paint job is crap. But I will eventualy repaint once they crack so f it. Ima rock em til they fall apart

Nike ship junk cause they can and they charge what ever they want because they know the average consumers are sheep. Look through the reviews of this shoe on Nike.con and see how many people actually say the quality is trash but they wanted them so bad so they are keeping them. It's sad because one day, cunsomers actually had power over these companies to produce a quality product. Now it's just full of hypebeast paying unreasonable amounts of money for subpar products.

So before you say inflation again...I bought my daughter a Minnie Mouse purse, 100% leather for $35 at the disney store in Chicago. No synthetic. Actual leather. Y'all can keep falling for Nike BS
cool so find me the price of that purse in 1988 and then you have a point, can't believe you don't believe inflation exist or whatever point you're trying to make

I can fully understand why people are upset. The QC on this particular shoe has been mediocre at best. Heck, I had some defects on my pair as well but although I was disappointed I'm still going to keep them and happily rock the ish out of them.

We know that the TB 3's were produced in abundance, probably more so than any other pair that released this year save for the Space Jams. Although production numbers for the TB 3s could be similar to the WC4s (which also saw a high number of manufacturing flaws) and Metallic 5s, the difference is that the TB's were produced and released during the holiday season when a bunch of other Jordan retros are scheduled to drop roughly all within a one month span. Which means, Nike factories were producing millions of pairs of different shoes at roughly the same time frame under tight deadlines. Hence, we would expect there to be a slight uptick of production flaws, especially on those pairs that will be mass produced (i.e, TB 3's and perhaps the upcoming Space Jam 11s).

So from a consumer's standpoint, the key is to one-up Nike if you're not happy with the pair you bought. Meaning, give them a call, make a legitimate complaint, and obtain your discount codes EVEN IF you decide to return your flawed pair. There is no excuse and Nike should be held accountable for their product. And when you speak to Nike, make sure to remind them about their company's core values.

Last edited:
So many passive people on NT :rofl:

Y'all might as well stop complaining because many of these sheep aren't listening

It's not passive, if you're not happy with your purchase RETURN. THE. SHOE.
Coming in here and arguing about the price and quality makes no sense if you're going to keep the shoe.

That's the basic point of what people are saying. No one is forcing you to keep those shoes that you don't like that you paid $220 for.

It honestly seems like you guys are more upset that you paid $220 for a shoe that's still sitting.

If these were a QS release, you guys would just be happy you had a pair.

[emoji]128079[/emoji] [emoji]128079[/emoji] [emoji]128079[/emoji]

Its tough tho. Theyve got us stuck in a hard place. Ive wanted this shoe for a real long time and I dont care about price/inflation. Thats whatever to me. But, the more I look at my crooked heel tab, the more disappointed I become. My options are return the shoe. Or, buy another $200+ pair and HOPE they are better and return the jank pair. Its a lose lose really.
I don't see the lose lose in getting your money back and not having a pair of crappy shoes, just not worth it. I agree it sucks that you wanted the shoe for a while but they'll come around again just like every Jordan.

Ask yourself this, are those details really stopping you from enjoying and wearing the shoe?

Also, yes, you can always just buy more pairs and swap them out until you find the one right for you.

complaining about loose threads? Cmon man.

you guys either need to switch brands or a find a new hobby. Also, take it from an old man like me (first pair was 89 FR IV), OGs weren't better made than releases today. Many put those OG releases on a pedestal but trust me, they weren't hand made status by any means. Social media has really taken the art of nit picking to a new level.

Bottom line, if you're not happy, return them. I have 3 pairs coming in, all will be kept.

The positive for this shoe is that they fit like gloves, even at a half size up which I had to go. Also, the air units feel responsive, and it feels like they put forefoot air to where I can feel it. It also could be the good insoles they used. But like the Cyber Monday III, they are very comfortable, something that cannot be said of IIIs for the past 10 years.

So from a consumer's standpoint, the key is to one-up Nike if you're not happy with the pair you bought. Meaning, give them a call, make a legitimate complaint, and obtain your discount codes EVEN IF you decide to return your flawed pair. There is no excuse and Nike should be held accountable for their product. And when you speak to Nike, make sure to remind them about their company's core values.
I don't get why is hard for people to understand that, control your money, you can't control a company's product

Last edited:
I can fully understand why people are upset. The QC on this particular shoe has been mediocre at best. Heck, I had some defects on my pair as well but although I was disappointed I'm still going to keep them and happily rock the ish out of them.

We know that the TB 3's were produced in abundance, probably more so than any other pair that released this year save for the Space Jams. Although production numbers for the TB 3s could be similar to the WC4s (which also saw a high number of manufacturing flaws) and Metallic 5s, the difference is that the TB's were produced and released during the holiday season when a bunch of other Jordan retros are scheduled to drop roughly all within a one month span. Which means, Nike factories were producing millions of pairs of different shoes at roughly the same time frame under tight deadlines. Hence, we would expect there to be a slight uptick of production flaws, especially on those pairs that will be mass produced (i.e, TB 3's and perhaps the upcoming Space Jam 11s).

this

I'm starting to have the feeling that most of the people who are hell bent on returning the shoes because of factory flaws are probably the people who don't plan on wearing the heck out of these shoes and instead will use them as trophies (aka baseball cards that you can stare at all day).

Whether or not your heel tab is slightly crooked, or you got some glue stains or stitching imperfections, or slightly mismatched EP.... at the end of the day you will still receive compliments on your TB's when you rock them in public because 100% of the time the people whose necks you just broke do not work for the Department of Foot Forensics.

I'm starting to have the feeling that most of the people who are hell bent on returning the shoes because of factory flaws are probably the people who don't plan on wearing the heck out of these shoes and instead will use them as trophies (aka baseball cards that you can stare at all day).

Whether or not your heel tab is slightly crooked, or you got some glue stains or stitching imperfections, or slightly mismatched EP.... at the end of the day you will still receive compliments on your TB's when you rock them in public because 100% of the time the people whose necks you just broke do not work for the Department of Foot Forensics.
it doesn't matter either way, once you buy, you can use them as a lamp of you want. People buy for different reasons

If you are not happy, I would send them back because it will always bother you, and for 238 with tax, thats not a good feeling to have. I had the luxury of being able to go through multiple pairs and mix and match, and thats because my fta and ftl had 5 size 9s each available to look at. They had no problem bringing them out because they were nice and it wasnt packed when I went on Sunday. Also because they wanted to sell them, Im sure. My main concern was the lower cut of elephant print under the Nike Air, so thats what I looked for when matching pairs and was able to find what I wanted. The downside to that matching, which wasnt a big deal to me, was the sloppy paint job on 1 pair, and the Nike Air not being perfectly centered on the others.

View media item 2244724

Last edited:
If you are not happy, I would send them back because it will always bother you, and for 238 with tax, thats not a good feeling to have. I had the luxury of being able to go through multiple pairs and mix and match, and thats because my fta and ftl had 5 size 9s available to look at. They had no problem bringing them out because they were nice and it wasnt packed when I went on Sunday. Also because they wanted to sell them, Im sure. My main concern was the lower cut of elephant print under the Nike Air, so thats what I looked for when matching pairs and was able to find what I wanted. The downside to that matching, which wasnt a big deal to me, was the sloppy paint job on 1 pair, and the Nike Air not being perfectly centered on the others.
dtlr wouldn't let me mix & match, but I came up on a 95% decent pair

I love the TTS fit on these. #AnotherPositiveReviewOnTheTB3s

LOL. Seriously though, way better than the 2011 pairs that felt too roomy.

it doesn't matter either way, once you buy, you can use them as a lamp of you want. People buy for different reasons
Imo, it does matter what each person plans on using them for. Because those who do not plan on wearing them and will instead use them as a display item/trophy are the ones who will be more particular to the details and imperfections just like a baseball card collector prefers to have sharp edges versus rounded edges.

But for those who plan on wearing these on the daily or for those who plan on playing ball in these, I'm pretty sure they ain't trippin' on the glue stains and crooked heel tab as much as the trophy collector would. Just my opinion.

My point, however, is that when people see y'all rockin them out in public, they ain't gonna notice the flaws and will instead compliment you on how nice your shoes are while massaging their broken neck.

Last edited:
cool so find me the price of that purse in 1988 and then you have a point, can't believe you don't believe inflation exist or whatever point you're trying to make

You guys are confused. I'll try to make this simple without name calling or anything. Something that is $100 in the 80s wouldn't necessarily go up to what ever the dollar is adjusted for now. The materials would just suffer if said company wants to keep the price point the same. For example, low end washers and dryers cost pretty much the same as they did in the late 60s and 70s ($200+\-) so the only difference is materials. So now we actually get less then what we pay for. Jordan's on the other hand, the cost went up, quality of materials still went down so it has nothing to do with inflation. Get it? Tinker was interviewed a few years ago saying he rather raise the price a little to keep quality up rather than leave it the way it's going...what happened to that.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/60selectrical.html

Haha truth

Repped. That's exactly how I feel. This is a grail for me and honestly Nike seriously dropped the ball with these. Thankfully my girl has a cousin who works at a FTL in Seattle. She was able to get a pair for me with his employee discount. I just showed him my Nike pair and he just laughed and said they looked like fakes or b grades. He sent me pics of the pair he's going to send me and they're flawless.

Wanted one to rock and a pair on ice but it looks like I'll be returning my jank pair to the Nike outlet this weekend

Last edited:
You guys are confused. I'll try to make this simple without name calling or anything. Something that is $100 in the 80s wouldn't necessarily go up to what ever the dollar is adjusted for now. The materials would just suffer if said company wants to keep the price point the same. For example, low end washers and dryers cost pretty much the same as they did in the late 60s and 70s ($200+\-) so the only difference is materials. So now we actually get less then what we pay for. Jordan's on the other hand, the cost went up, quality of materials still went down so it has nothing to do with inflation. Get it? Tinker was interviewed a few years ago saying he rather raise the price a little to keep quality up rather than leave it the way it's going...what happened to that.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/60selectrical.html
you didn't simplify anything bruv, all you did was prove your point about why shaq's didn't increase in price, or are you saying jordans are low end sneakers?
because I'm calling shaq's a low end sneaker, and I didn't see the Disney purse on your site

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom