OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

FWIW, just had my friend cop me another pair off of Swoosh... $142 total.

Going to return my NDC pair back.
man I'm on a peanut butter sandwich with you guys catching these deals.... 140 nice

Last edited:
Ya'll still at it huh ?  
roll.gif

Last edited:
you didn't simplify anything bruv, all you did was prove your point about why shaq's didn't increase in price, or are you saying jordans are low end sneakers?
because I'm calling shaq's a low end sneaker, and I didn't see the Disney purse on your site

I don't even understand your argument at this point. The purse was used for reference stating how cheap leather actually is and what your are paying for is the name. Jordan's stopped being premium a log time ago btw. And my Shaqs are 100% leather, what about your $220 Air Jordan 3s?

1) You don't know if the quality of the materials "went down" because they're using different materials than what they've used in the past. I asked the question before, maybe they used different material for optimal usage of the sneaker. Maybe the new leather will keep the shoe from creasing as much or last longer.

2) You keep forgetting to add in market risk as well. It's not all about inflation.

When a shoe is released using leather then later Retroed using synthetic, and the price increases the quality of materials went down bruh. I'm over this argument. It's hopeless

I agree, the prices went up because of inflation and market value.
If Nike see you guys paying $400 for a pair of shoes they're selling for $150...why wouldn't they raise the price for their bottom line?

Kind of common business sense.

Supreme sold bricks, dog.

BRICKS.
yup bruv, but everyone doesn't have your sense man, we aren't common anymore

Nike doesnt need or have to raise their price. They see that market value, and want more of the pie, so they find a reason to raise the price. Thats not inflation, thats greed.

When a shoe is released using leather then later Retroed using synthetic, and the price increases the quality of materials went down bruh. I'm over this argument. It's hopeless
what's hopeless is you think materials are the only production cost

Nike doesnt need or have to raise their price. They see that market value, and want more of the pie, so they find a reason to raise the price. Thats not inflation, thats greed.
is Nike being charged the same shipping prices they paid in 1988?
greed and inflation are not mutually exclusive

Last edited:
I agree, the prices went up because of inflation and market value.
If Nike see you guys paying $400 for a pair of shoes they're selling for $150...why wouldn't they raise the price for their bottom line?

Kind of common business sense.

Supreme sold bricks, dog.

BRICKS.

Your last comment contradicts the first. You can't account for inflation if the prices go up based on "hype". And overhead has nothing to do with it again, Air Force 1s are still between $80-$120. That's nikes best selling shoe of all time. They were also $100 in 1990

Call it what you want, it's what any smart business would do. At the end of the day, they have a profit margin to reach. They have shareholders to make happy. They have to make up for giving LeBron a one billion dollar lifetime contract. All of it plays a part.

again the cost to produce the shoe had changed, but it's the supply and demand there for af1 to turn a profit of they increased the price, do you think af1 sell if they jump to 160+ to adjust for inflation

1) You don't know if the quality of the materials "went down" because they're using different materials than what they've used in the past. I asked the question before, maybe they used different material for optimal usage of the sneaker. Maybe the new leather will keep the shoe from creasing as much or last longer.

2) You keep forgetting to add in market risk as well. It's not all about inflation.

These still use synthetic

Call it what you want, it's what any smart business would do. At the end of the day, they have a profit margin to reach. They have shareholders to make happy. They have to make up for giving LeBron a one billion dollar lifetime contract. All of it plays a part.

They aren't using a different leather, most shoes have no leather at all.

Your last comment contradicts the first. You can't account for inflation if the prices go up based on "hype". And overhead has nothing to do with it again, Air Force 1s are still between $80-$120. That's nikes best selling shoe of all time. They were also $100 in 1990
My comment doesn't contradict anything, prices can vary because of BOTH not either or. You're thinking one answer has to be correct, when it can be both.

Air Force 1s are $100 a pop and they weren't that back in the 90s and early 2000s, quit it.

this comment proves the whole point against you, the most popular shoe at that time cost what the most popular shoe at this time still cost, are we done yet?

Last edited:
is Nike being charged the same shipping prices they paid in 1988?
greed and inflation are not mutually exclusive

I agreed that shipping prices went up. I agree that is called inflation. I never said greed and inflation are mutually exclusive. Shipping prices went up, because fuel went up(inflation), but fuel went up because of greed. No Greed, no inflation. Shipping went up because of a direct result of another company's greed. Nike is greedy, JB is greedy. Did their prices need to go up this much because of shipping, no, did they need to use cheaper materials, no, but they wanted more money for themselves and investors. Ill go back to my original statement, Inflation is an illusion that masks greed. Inflation exists because of greed, they are not mutually exclusive.

my bad we high jacked the back and forth about flawed pairs and love for the acceptable pairs... mea culpa

it's only partly the nostalgia though, because quality aside they are aesthetically pleasing to me

Back
Top Bottom