OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

You guys are confused. I'll try to make this simple without name calling or anything. Something that is $100 in the 80s wouldn't necessarily go up to what ever the dollar is adjusted for now. The materials would just suffer if said company wants to keep the price point the same. For example, low end washers and dryers cost pretty much the same as they did in the late 60s and 70s ($200+\-) so the only difference is materials. So now we actually get less then what we pay for. Jordan's on the other hand, the cost went up, quality of materials still went down so it has nothing to do with inflation. Get it? Tinker was interviewed a few years ago saying he rather raise the price a little to keep quality up rather than leave it the way it's going...what happened to that.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/60selectrical.html
One of the problems imho is that factory workers in Asia continue to have the same type of working conditions, salary, and poor treatment as they did back in the 80s/90s. There is little to no improvement in the quality of the workers regardless of materials being used to make the shoes. Therefore, the overall QC suffers. 

I bet if Nike were to shift their production to the United States, overall quality would improve tenfold. But then again, retail price points would skyrocket. Therefore I don't see this happening any time soon.

Yall with legit complaints gotta tweet marcus Jordan and let him know your pairs are like that

cool so find me the price of that purse in 1988 and then you have a point, can't believe you don't believe inflation exist or whatever point you're trying to make

Inflation is an illusion which masks greed. "Inflation" is relative to certain products and services in which the market and its demand have made the companies and their greed increase the price over time. These price increases have a direct effect on other products/services which cause their prices to increase as well. There are many products which have not gone up over time, and products which have only gone up just a bit. Those companies either have a strategy in place where they have enough demand to maintain that same price, and dont want to mess that formula up by raising the price, or just enough demand, but keep prices the same because it is still profitable for them to do so, or they cut cost in other areas.

Its a very difficult conversation to have over the internet, but just because it cost a certain amount back then, doesnt mean it should cost double because the inflation says it should . The demand is there for JB, people are paying it with no issues, so they are increasing the prices, especially when they see people almost always paying more than retail for shoes that just released. Greed is what is causing these prices to go up. Resellers, JB and Hype are to thank, not inflation

Last edited:
Inflation is an illusion which masks greed. "Inflation" is relative to certain products and services in which the market and its demand have made the companies and their greed increase the price over time. These price increases have a direct effect on other products/services which cause their prices to increase as well. There are many products which have not gone up over time, and products which have only gone up just a bit. Those companies either have a strategy in place where they have enough demand to maintain that same price, and dont want to mess that formula up by raising the price, or just enough demand, but keep prices the same because it is still profitable for them to do so, or they cut cost in other areas.

Its a very difficult conversation to have over the internet, but just because it cost a certain amount back then, doesnt mean it should cost double because the inflation says it should . The demand is there for JB, people are paying it with no issues, so they are increasing the prices, especially when they see people almost always paying more than retail for shoes that just released. Greed is what is causing these prices to go up. Resellers, JB and Hype are to thank, not inflation
to begin with I don't agree with inflation, but that doesn't negate its existence, I can't with you people explain how inflation affects only certain products, since you have a basic understanding of the issue, if you think that it cost more for nike to ship its goods in 2016 than it cost in 1988 explain how inflation plays no part

Last edited:

Well said/written.

but it wasn't well said at all, you can't say there is inflation and then choose which companies are allowed to inflate

Wear your shoes bruh [emoji]128514[/emoji]
I wear them all, eventually. The 7s and 8s been warn a few times. And those 4s are the pair on ice. I wear the other pair of cements daily. Love em. TBs will be rocked hard as well. Maroons wont get much wear at all, unless I double on those. I love those things. 5s, not til next year. I have plenty others that get worn, trust

You guys are confused. I'll try to make this simple without name calling or anything. Something that is $100 in the 80s wouldn't necessarily go up to what ever the dollar is adjusted for now. The materials would just suffer if said company wants to keep the price point the same. For example, low end washers and dryers cost pretty much the same as they did in the late 60s and 70s ($200+\-) so the only difference is materials. So now we actually get less then what we pay for. Jordan's on the other hand, the cost went up, quality of materials still went down so it has nothing to do with inflation. Get it? Tinker was interviewed a few years ago saying he rather raise the price a little to keep quality up rather than leave it the way it's going...what happened to that.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/60selectrical.html
1) You don't know if the quality of the materials "went down" because they're using different materials than what they've used in the past. I asked the question before, maybe they used different material for optimal usage of the sneaker. Maybe the new leather will keep the shoe from creasing as much or last longer.

2) You keep forgetting to add in market risk as well. It's not all about inflation.

to begin with I don't agree with inflation, but that doesn't negate its existence, I can't with you people explain how inflation affects only certain products, since you have a basic understanding of the issue, if you think that it cost more for nike to ship its goods in 2016 than it cost in 1988 explain how inflation plays no part

Thats why I said it was a difficult conversation to have over the internet. But when a company or companies decide they want to raise prices to line their pockets, it affects other industries and they have to raise prices. So when Gas went up, shipping companies had to go up because gas is an integral part to their company being successful. Sure, the term for the shipping companies going up in price has been coined inflation, but the shipping company prices didnt go up because inflation, it went up because the greed of those in charge of fuel. Greed is the ultimate cause.

Im not arguing for what its worth, I respect your opinion and understand your stance, but at the end of the day, I believe JB is greedy, and all the only people they want to please are the investors and themselves.

Last edited:
I wear them all, eventually. The 7s and 8s been warn a few times. And those 4s are the pair on ice. I wear the other pair of cements daily. Love em. TBs will be rocked hard as well. Maroons wont get much wear at all, unless I double on those. I love those things. 5s, not til next year. I have plenty others that get worn, trust

Did you get 2 pair of TB? Been on the fence about icing one for later

AKA, market risk.

1) You don't know if the quality of the materials "went down" because they're using different materials than what they've used in the past. I asked the question before, maybe they used different material for optimal usage of the sneaker. Maybe the new leather will keep the shoe from creasing as much or last longer.

2) You keep forgetting to add in market risk as well. It's not all about inflation.
That's true but taking about the market opens a whole new can of worms though, those are outside factors, I was only saying Nike increased the price because of overhead

Last edited:
Yea, really tweet him, i wanna see marcus response
I mean [emoji]128513[/emoji] the dude gotta say something bout it.
I know it aint like mold on KOs, but with all these imperfections its like they extra lazy on this release or they hired complete noobs to oversee qc

That's true but taking about the market opens a whole new can of worms though, those are outside factors, I was only saying Nike increased the price because of overhead
I agree, the prices went up because of inflation and market value.

If Nike see you guys paying $400 for a pair of shoes they're selling for $150...why wouldn't they raise the price for their bottom line?

Kind of common business sense.

Supreme sold bricks, dog.

BRICKS.

FWIW, just had my friend cop me another pair off of Swoosh... $142 total.

Going to return my NDC pair back.

I'm not disagreeing that greed and inflation go hand in hand, but you can't negate inflation because you don't accept it

new avi alert ...i love these 3s... i hope nike decides to retro every model that originally had nike air on the back , im sure they will eventually

I agree, the prices went up because of inflation and market value.
If Nike see you guys paying $400 for a pair of shoes they're selling for $150...why wouldn't they raise the price for their bottom line?

Kind of common business sense.

Supreme sold bricks, dog.

BRICKS.
yup bruv, but everyone doesn't have your sense man, we aren't common anymore

Back
Top Bottom