OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

It's pretty simple, the consumer showed their hand when Nike saw what the resellers were getting away with.

The equation is simple. If resellers sell their product for 350 and it retailed for 180 then you factor in the percentage of consumers who missed out on retail willing to spend X amount more. Not all consumers are willing to spend 350 but some are. Well what will all consumers be willing to spend while retaining a sell out. The answer is between 220 and 250.

There's a sweet spot on the msrp. They need to sell out but not be worth the resell.

Nike is in the middle of figuring it out. The low end of that range being what they went with says that they're just as surprised at the real retail value as we are. They keep them at 220 for either reluctance or mercy.

This has nothing to do with the economy. Nike is starting to realize they are basically printing money. They are their own economy.

It's pretty simple, the consumer showed their hand when Nike saw what the resellers were getting away with.

The equation is simple. If resellers sell their product for 350 and it retailed for 180 then you factor in the percentage of consumers who missed out on retail willing to spend X amount more. Not all consumers are willing to spend 350 but some are. Well what will all consumers be willing to spend while retaining a sell out. The answer is between 220 and 250.

There's a sweet spot on the msrp. They need to sell out but not be worth the resell.

Nike is in the middle of figuring it out. The low end of that range being what they went with says that they're just as surprised at the real retail value as we are. They keep them at 220 for either reluctance or mercy.

This has nothing to do with the economy. Nike is starting to realize they are basically printing money. They are their own economy.
a business has nothing to with economics...

Not at all?

How come Jordan's are the only ones that have gone up 50-100% in just 10 or so years? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Facts

Air Max 95 was $130 in 1995, its only $160 now. $30 increase compared to a $120 increase. Let them explain this Zyzz

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what the SJ thread brings. This and potential saltiness....I'm so ready 
laugh.gif

the problem is your worried about the price of the increase, what we are explaining to you is there is a cause behind the price increase, so according to you if it's not for inflation or production cost why do Air max's cost 30 more dollars
Facts

Air Max 95 was $130 in 1995, its only $160 now. $30 increase compared to a $120 increase. Let them explain this Zyzz
are the air max the same quality or has the quality become worse, if it got worse then why did they increase the price? if they haven't increased the quality then why was there a price hike

Last edited:
Facts

Air forces and air maxes use materials that are inexpensive. Plus the mold on them havent changed. Thats why when air forces are lasered or air maxes put premium materials on the price goes up.

Jordan had changed the mold slightly on these.

No doubt the demand plays a role and the price doesnt have to be this high but most of the stuff for sale has an increased price mark up due to hype. Just look at yeezy merch for 40 bucks on gildan shirts. Nikes not the only company to do this. All companies in all areas do.

Just saying its not too far fetched to see other reasons that played a role. Rather then just using a blanket reason like Nikes greedy.

Last edited:
Air max cost 30 more because that how much they think people will pay for them without having to drop the price later on.

Nike probably pays Wal-Mart prices for goods and materials because they make up most of the market share. So even if materials cost more it would be the competitors charging more for the same, not the king who gets the discounts to begin with.

Inflation? Inflation is bs. There is no inflation, we as common citizens are being extorted. The dollar is worth less out of greed by the people who have the most of it. It's got zero to do with limited resources.

Last edited:

Considering how much of a snug fit these TB3s are, this is probably the wisest thing to do.  At the very least, you'll be able to fit in your TB3s with ease after they've been broken in.
Nah, just talking about a shoe in general; I didn't secure these.

Last edited:
Air forces and air maxes use materials that are inexpensive. Plus the mold on them havent changed. Thats why when air forces are lasered or air maxes put premium materials on the price goes up.

Jordan had changed the mold slightly on these.

No doubt the demand plays a role and the price doesnt have to be this high but most of the stuff for sale has an increased price mark up.

Just saying its not too far fetched to see other reasons that played a role. Rather then just using a blanket reason like Nikes greedy.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].It's all Nikes' greed man. Raise prices slightly to account for production cost and shipping then raise them substantially to account for revenue. Air Force 1s have the best quality leather on any Nike shoe. I'm seriously done with toy guys. It's been fun. These are actually mine too

View media item 2244945

Last edited:
Personally, I believe the price increases because of the material used, shape changes, or moldings but this could be debated given the 2011-2014 era.

Last edited:
Air max cost 30 more because that how much they think people will pay for them without having to drop the price later on.

Nike probably pays Wal-Mart prices for goods and materials because they make up most of the market share. So even if materials cost more it would be the competitors charging more for the same, not the king who gets the discounts to begin with.

Inflation? Inflation is bs. There is no inflation, we as common citizens are being extorted. The dollar is worth less out of greed by the people who have the most of it. It's got zero to do with limited resources.
ok we not going to talk about the plight of humanity, we talking simple business agree with it or not you can not deny inflation, if Nike's overhead goes up, they will find a way to recoup that revenue

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].It's all Nikes' greed man. Raise prices slightly to account for production cost and shipping them raise then substantially to account for revenue. Air Force 1s have the best quality leather on any Nike shoe. I'm seriously done with you you guys. It's been fun. These are actually mine too

View media item 2244945
and to repeat you from earlier, when af1 were the most popular shoe it cost what the most popular shoe cost now, so you've been done

Personally, I believe the price increases because of the material used, shape changes, or moldings but this could be debated given the 2011-2014 era.
you're right but it's not really personal though, its business

Last edited:
Not at all?

How come Jordan's are the only ones that have gone up 50-100% in just 10 or so years? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
the cause of price increase is due to overhead for the shoe,
the cost of the increase is supply and demand

How can a mold and shape require a price gouge?

While materials are more expensive now than they were 5-10 years ago my point is they haven't gone up that much to push the price of Jordan's 50-100% more than they originally were..

Jordan can charge whatever the hell they want, I'm just saying the remaster crap was a lie to be upfront and immediately raise prices 30% just by sayin you would be using premium material and acting like it's gonna cost you money to go back to original molds that you already own?

The shape of models have basically changed with each retro every few years so that excuse can be thrown out the window

Ignore him

He thinks it's all economics when it's not

Inflation is NOT the reason a pair of Jordan's has gone up 100% aka doubled in price

Plenty of shoes have pretty much remained at the same price or gone up slightly in the last 10-15 years.

Jordan's have gone up 50-100% in price because of hypebeasts and this so called remaster program which was the main reason for the jump in price

Price of materials hasn't gone up enough to warrant these huge price increases BECAUSE if it did, you would Notice it across the board with all brands.
Yes, PLEASE ignore me when I CLEARLY  stated that it's both inflation AND  market prices that have risen.

Your whole statement just proved my point, thanks.

B-I-N-G-O & Bingo was his name-o.

ok we not going to talk about the plight of humanity, we talking simple business agree with it or not you can not deny inflation, if Nike's overhead goes up, they will find a way to recoup that revenue

You don't know what you're talking about and you're choosing to remain ignorant because you got jokes.

and to repeat you from earlier, when af1 were the most popular shoe it cost what the most popular shoe cost now, so you've been done

the cause of price increase is due to overhead for the shoe,
the cost of the increase is supply and demand

QFT

An example for price increase due to supply and demand gone wrong can be seen in the Rose and Curry line. Both adidas raised prices higher then demand and flopped in their later molds because of it.

Overhead and production cost examples can be seen with just about everything we buy. Something new cost more and some old things go up in price as laws,taxes and wages change.

Got mine from SNKRS today pretty happy. Wish they would've cost $120, they didn't. Couple months from now the price will be a forgotten memory, but I'll still enjoy the shoes for years......just wish the wife wouldn't have found the UPS box. She gonna remember the $220.

Got mine from SNKRS today pretty happy. Wish they would've cost $120, they didn't. Couple months from now the price will be a forgotten memory, but I'll still enjoy the shoes for years......just wish the wife wouldn't have found the UPS box. She gonna remember the $220.
LOL, good luck.

Pair from NDC. Left is perfect, can't say the same for the right. 
mean.gif
  Size 9 is unavailable for an exchange and I was given 25% off instead.

Last edited:
How can a mold and shape require a price gouge?

While materials are more expensive now than they were 5-10 years ago my point is they haven't gone up that much to push the price of Jordan's 50-100% more than they originally were..

Jordan can charge whatever the hell they want, I'm just saying the remaster crap was a lie to be upfront and immediately raise prices 30% just by sayin you would be using premium material and acting like it's gonna cost you money to go back to original molds that you already own?

The shape of models have basically changed with each retro every few years so that excuse can be thrown out the window

Mold changes because Nike is constantly trying to increase revenue and outsourced material/workers change.

Things like air forces are in constant productions so mold doesnt change much. Workers know how to make that shoe.

Move to Jordans where they make changes or bring back shoes and you see a major price increase. Like when they retroed the 17+. Probably had to teach a factory how to make that since it has been so long since the pervious one was made. Also probably outsourced materials from different companies then the original.

Jordan 3 going into the vault might have to do with changing the shape slightly since so many retro 3s were coming out before in took a slight break.

Back
Top Bottom