OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger and when you got the burger the build of the burger was all over the place, chances are you're going to put it together and eat it anyway.

If you went to an expensive restaurant and ordered a burger and when you got the burger the build of the burger was all over the place, chances are you're going to complain.

It's because of the price, you put up for certain "flaws" when you're okay with the price.

If you're already skeptical on the price, you're going to complain when the product isn't 1000 times flawless and perfect.

You guys are arguing about the same flaws that have always been apart of not only JB (glue stains), but the Jordan 3 model itself (the elephant print).

My pair from Swoosh just arrived.  It's worse than the Nike+ pair

I only have one shoe out of both pairs that's flawless. I can't even match the others to get a decent pair.

I'm just about to say eff it and send them both back.

I'll order the Kobe MC iD before it goes away

These flaws might have been present in previous retro 3 releases but as a person who sifted through 7 size 10s to find the perfect pair and still wasn't satisfied.... this thread needs more complaints. There are a bunch of issues with these jawns! Besides the super OCD dudes posting blurry pics of threads hanging loose, a lot of these issues and flaws are terrible. How the elephant print thick on one shoe but damn faded and lighter and dis colored on another? How the damn elephant print gon touch the 'R' in "NIKE AIR"? These shoes had a bunch of issues bro and for all y'all pacifist types who making excuses for Nike wake up. We talking about a multi billion dollar company that wants to DOUBLE their value. That don't mean they wanna double what's in your pocket... They want to make more money than ever before. A lot of y'all say we brought this $220 price hike on ourselves with the whole resale market and Nike reading these threads. Well I hop they read this one. Deadas tho like even if your pair is perfect, if it's from Nike you should get on the horn and start complaining and not asking but DEMANDING discount codes. It's the only way. They keep track of codes and why they have to issue them. If we get on the phone and start the single mother retail monster who won't take no for an answer routine I feel like that would be the best way to get the message across. What's the worst that could happen? Nike makes note of it? Or they don't give a crap at all but at least we get some codes out of it.

I mean I might sound crazy to y'all but it's only a couple of weeks before Matt Powell and other analysts start ethering yeezy fanboys about nikes sales and dominance of the footwear market. We over here spending $220 on kicks that's coming from the factory BOTCHED and everybody knows it all the while our own peers telling us to get over it lol how bout NAH FAM I'ma complain and get a discount at least. Closed mouths don't get fed. When people cried to McDonald's about the McRib guess what Mickey Ds did.

They brought back the McRib.

If you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger and when you got the burger the build of the burger was all over the place, chances are you're going to put it together and eat it anyway.

If you went to an expensive restaurant and ordered a burger and when you got the burger the build of the burger was all over the place, chances are you're going to complain.

It's because of the price, you put up for certain "flaws" when you're okay with the price.
If you're already skeptical on the price, you're going to complain when the product isn't 1000 times flawless and perfect.

You guys are arguing about the same flaws that have always been apart of not only JB (glue stains), but the Jordan 3 model itself (the elephant print).

Great analogy.
But not everyone eats at a fine dining establishment at every meal. And if they do, they're not one to complain about the food. It's the "once in a blue moon" diner that's complaining about these shoes.

The same flaws were on the WC88s and no one returned their pair, bro.

Out of my 3 pairs of 88s one was awful, I didn't return it but It was sold for retail on Craigslist. It actually had chunks of leather missing then painted over.

When you accept mediocrity, that is what you get. You dudes need to relax with telling people to be content with $220 trash.

Last edited:
Rabble rabble rabble

Hear hear!

Send them all back. I'm sure there's a country somewhere in Africa that could use a bunch of .ru looking 3s

Last edited:
My pair is clean but super snug. Everyone said these fit TTS but not mine. Anyone else need to size up?

My pair is clean but super snug. Everyone said these fit TTS but not mine. Anyone else need to size up?
Same for me. I didn't actually size up, but my 8.5 is more snug than any other pair of J's I have. Posted a while back agreeing with another poster who said they needed to size up. I was surprised so many people said these were TTS on them.

I hear you guys. My Nike + pair was bad...but then i received my shoe palace pair...even worse. Went to a local spot and sifted thru 4 different pairs and all were worse than the ones i have in my hands....bottom line,
Like 615 I Be Kickin Her Out 615 I Be Kickin Her Out said. One shoe is good and all the rest are flawed.
Cuts in leather white paint hiding it, toebox cuts, uneven tabs, feel way to snug to be an 11...all going back!

Also...Tags were on box lids on all the boxes i have seen in store..fwiw.
Shoe palace box on right. Nike on left.

View media item 2245907
View media item 2245911Both pairs have a dented nike air tab on the back...what the !!!!?

Last edited:
If your unhappy about your quality simply go to a foot store (which more than likely has a FSR). Fish for your perfect pair.

return your online order.

Then move on.

Last edited:
Out of my 3 pairs of 88s one was awful, I didn't return it but It was sold for retail on Craigslist. It actually had chunks of leather missing then painted over.

When you accept mediocrity, that is what you get. You dudes need to relax with telling people to be content with $220 trash.
I'm not telling anyone to be content with $220 anything.

I'm saying either return them, or shut up about it.

There's some people who are saying, "the little flaws doesn't deter me away from a dope shoe, it's going to wear and tear anyway." That's perfectly fine.

There's some people who are saying, "the quality of this shoe is trash, disappointing that they would charge $220 for this, I'm going to take them back." That's perfectly fine, too.

Then there's a lot of people who are saying, "there's a small stitch lose on the back, I can see brush strokes, the elephant print is thicker on one shoe. I can't believe Jordan Brand is so greedy, I can't believe they're sticking it to their value customers. This is absurd, I'm going to NDC to get a coupon" but yet still keep the shoe and rock it, better yet continue to buy Jordan. You guys are arguing about molds, materials, factories, etc. and have no idea what's going on behind closed doors with Nike.

If you're unhappy with your product, RETURN IT. Nike has one of THE best return policies, they don't care why you return a shoe.

What do you expect out of a 220 dollar shoe? It won't even be noticeable on foot.
u serious?

we may not expect the best materials, cuz it is what it is in that department. the material they chose to use is the material they chose to use. thats what these TB3s are made of. aint nothing u can do about it. u can go to 500 stores and its not like youre gonna find a pair with better leather etc. materialwise, either u buy or u dont.

but the flaw above? totally unacceptable. yea people gotta live with the quality of the material, but thats just shoddy craftmanship in the shoe above. it not being noticeable on feet is irrelevant when it comes to a flaw like homie has above.

I walked into 2 different footlockers and a shoe palace last night. One ftl had 2 pairs....both wack. One ftl in UTC had 3 pairs...all were wack. Shoe palace had 4 pairs also and they guy brought em all out for me to inspect (with my jewelers loop...jk) and found all to be worthy of not even being stamped B grades at the least.

So unfortunalty alot more work is needed to find a good pair than just going to one store...and swapping ( of course, depending on your area).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom