Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

*cough* someone pick American Gangster *cough* 
pimp.gif
It if was in the 90's, we would. 
wink.gif

embarassed.gif
my bad dawg, didn't know the rules.
laugh.gif

Count me in for the 2000's draft if it happens.
pimp.gif

I take it no one watched Mildred Pierce last night?

It was very well done. A little slow and unnecessarily prolonged, which leads one to wonder why turning a less than two-hour movie into a five-part, five-hour miniseries seemed like a great idea, but I still enjoyed it.

I take it no one watched Mildred Pierce last night?

It was very well done. A little slow and unnecessarily prolonged, which leads one to wonder why turning a less than two-hour movie into a five-part, five-hour miniseries seemed like a great idea, but I still enjoyed it.

CP some corrections, Saving Private Ryan - Action, Fargo - Thriller, True Romance - Crime

Thanks

CP some corrections, Saving Private Ryan - Action, Fargo - Thriller, True Romance - Crime

Thanks

Nos, when you do pick, remember to stick close cuz you will be there for the turnaround since Ill makes 2 quick picks. 

Big J, I'm on it, thanks for the heads up. 

Edit
Noskey is online, so I PM'd him, sit tight Illmatic, shouldn't be too long. 

Nos, when you do pick, remember to stick close cuz you will be there for the turnaround since Ill makes 2 quick picks. 

Big J, I'm on it, thanks for the heads up. 

Edit
Noskey is online, so I PM'd him, sit tight Illmatic, shouldn't be too long. 

Okay, with my current draft pick I choose, for my horror slot, one of the best book adaptions of the 90's, the movie that landed Kathy Bates her only Oscar win, and spawned a Family Guy spoof,

Misery

1hxy6q.jpg

Okay, with my current draft pick I choose, for my horror slot, one of the best book adaptions of the 90's, the movie that landed Kathy Bates her only Oscar win, and spawned a Family Guy spoof,

Misery

1hxy6q.jpg

The heck.. How did I forget about Misery
ohwell.gif

Anyways, my next two picks are:

Gattaca (Sci-Fi)

Nikita (Action)

In case people are interested in why I chose these two, click below.. and yes, I did write it while I was at work waiting for my turn 
laugh.gif

Reason for choosing Gattaca:
Spoiler [+]
One of my favorite films is going to be the sci-fi film I selected in this round. The home of Jerome was actually filmed at the CLA (classroom/labs/admin) building at my college. I love the ethical questions that the film addresses, and without giving too much away, the screenplay I'm working on, "borrows" some of those themes (divisions in society based on technological advances, and yes, I know it's very cliche, but who am I question a proven hollywood formula?). I'm not a huge fan of the styling of the film, but IMO its' simplistic nature allows viewers to really get into the characters without fleshing everything out so blatantly.

Reason for choosing Nikita: 
Spoiler [+]
Next film is one of my favorite action films of all time. IMO a lot of films that have come after it have used a similar template. It actually spawned an American remake and two television series'. The acting is superb and even though I have a slight quibble regarding the ending, I can watch the film multiple times. Though Luc Benson is most known for LEON, IMO, this film is right on par, if not superior (yes, I just did write that).

The heck.. How did I forget about Misery
ohwell.gif

Anyways, my next two picks are:

Gattaca (Sci-Fi)

Nikita (Action)

In case people are interested in why I chose these two, click below.. and yes, I did write it while I was at work waiting for my turn 
laugh.gif

Reason for choosing Gattaca:
Spoiler [+]
One of my favorite films is going to be the sci-fi film I selected in this round. The home of Jerome was actually filmed at the CLA (classroom/labs/admin) building at my college. I love the ethical questions that the film addresses, and without giving too much away, the screenplay I'm working on, "borrows" some of those themes (divisions in society based on technological advances, and yes, I know it's very cliche, but who am I question a proven hollywood formula?). I'm not a huge fan of the styling of the film, but IMO its' simplistic nature allows viewers to really get into the characters without fleshing everything out so blatantly.

Reason for choosing Nikita: 
Spoiler [+]
Next film is one of my favorite action films of all time. IMO a lot of films that have come after it have used a similar template. It actually spawned an American remake and two television series'. The acting is superb and even though I have a slight quibble regarding the ending, I can watch the film multiple times. Though Luc Benson is most known for LEON, IMO, this film is right on par, if not superior (yes, I just did write that).

my fifth element pick is for action.
Terminator for sci-fi

so those should be switched

and I'm probably going to use The Green Mile for crime but I'm not decided

my fifth element pick is for action.
Terminator for sci-fi

so those should be switched

and I'm probably going to use The Green Mile for crime but I'm not decided

I have some changes to apply real quick,

My current draft list:

Crime: Goodfellas
Drama: Braveheart
Comedy: Big Lebowski
Utility: Trainspotting
Sci-Fi: Pi
Horror: Misery

I would like to move Goodfellas to drama, Braveheart to action, and Trainspotting to crime. So my list would now look like

Drama: Goodfellas
Action: Braveheart
Crime: Trainspotting

And with my current draft pick, I'll take a childhood classic that every 90's kid loves, quotes and nostalgia's over every 4th of July. A baseball classic with characters that everyone loves. The dog that everyone fears... I select, in my sports slot:

The Sandlot

20u5nhk.jpg

I have some changes to apply real quick,

My current draft list:

Crime: Goodfellas
Drama: Braveheart
Utility: Trainspotting

I would like to move Goodfellas to drama, Braveheart to action, and Trainspotting to crime. So my list would now look like

Drama: Goodfellas
Action: Braveheart
Crime: Trainspotting

And with my current draft pick, I'll take a childhood classic that every 90's kid loves, quotes and nostalgia's over every 4th of July. A baseball classic with characters that everyone loves. The dog that everyone fears... I select, in my sports slot:

The Sandlot

20u5nhk.jpg

Sandlot
pimp.gif

With my next pick in the 2011 Niketalk Film Draft, I select under the category of Action, the cult classic:

The Boondock Saints.

Sandlot
pimp.gif

With my next pick in the 2011 Niketalk Film Draft, I select under the category of Action, the cult classic:

The Boondock Saints.

I figured that was going soon.

I heard the sequel was straight up terrible. read up on the director. career suicides

I figured that was going soon.

I heard the sequel was straight up terrible. read up on the director. career suicides

Back
Top Bottom