Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

*sigh* I'm not rooting for the Spurs anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one last movie to add to this list and we might as well get it out of the way now so it doesn't come up later.

American Psycho is over rated to me. It's good, but not mind blowing.

I don't get why he has to say every movie is overrated.

It's obviously to get a reaction.

You can't find every classic, critically acclaimed movie boring. You can't disagree with everyone about all these well liked movies.

It's hard to believe anymore.

You can't find every classic, critically acclaimed movie boring. You can't disagree with everyone about all these well liked movies.

Hence, my original call for Ska to come and take care of that. :lol:

I knew right away where he was headed with that mess. And J pointed out all the differing opinions he has on stuff like sleeved jerseys, eggs, etc.

I need that Antidope X iYen collab
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I only watched episodes of the Sopranos sporadically so I cant really judge.

But I do have an opinion that I was hesistant to post in fear of ostracizing myself with all the jimmies it will rustle...

Pulp Fiction is kind of over rated

Shrugs
Star Wars is total trash
The new ones arent mind blowingly great, but theyre better than the old ones.
Star Wars is total trashThe new ones arent mind blowingly great, but theyre better than the old ones.

But you see, Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie ever made, and its also the highest rated movie on IMDB. It literally is THE movie that lived up to the hype.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Your theory has been refuted, I'm not just saying this for no reason, these are movies that are lauded by the majority of people that I think suck. It has nothing to do with getting a rise out of people. I tried to watch these movies because of word of mouth and was disappointed.

There are also ones that did in fact live up tto the hype, like agian Shawshank. Also add Forrest Gump to that list.

Lord of the Rings is 9th on that list :lol: :lol: I have no comment.

Last edited:
Antidope hates all types of music that isn't jayz.

Actually srs.

Replace all the osts of all the movies he thinks are overrated with jayz tracks, his opinion would probably change.

Last edited:

But you see, Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie ever made, and its also the highest rated movie on IMDB. It literally is THE movie that lived up to the hype.

Your theory has been refuted, I'm not just saying this for no reason, these are movies that are lauded by the majority of people that I think suck. It has nothing to do with getting a rise out of people. I tried to watch these movies because of word of mouth and was disappointed.

There are also ones that did in fact live up tto the hype, like agian Shawshank. Also add Forrest Gump to that list.

Rings slander? The Chester-signal has been activated.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion he just doesn't have that good of taste in cinema.

This coming from the guy that was talking about the machine driving our opinions on movies. Son is citing IMDB top ratings as support.

So basically it's the machine when you don't like a movie but it's not when you do like a movie. I see now.

:smh:

Last edited:
Lolque? I said it was the one time where the machine was 100% correct. Thats not me swearing by it, every dog has its day, a broken clock is right two times a day, cliche phrase after cliche phrase.

I would hope the Machine had enough sense to praise the greatest movie ever made. That has little to do with the machine but moreso with that movie being the best thing ever.

LTB was trying to say that I'm purposely playing contrarian and I proved I wasnt. Thats all it was.

Last edited:
Lolque? I said it was the one time where the machine was 100% correct.
And I'm saying is that's bull ****. It's basically based on what you like. You'll ignore all of the other times when it's a movie you don't like or when ppl tell you how good a movie is because they genuinely think it's a good movie.

Thats not me swearing by it
You're the only one obsessed with it. Nobody else swears by the machine.

I would hope the Machine had enough sense to praise the greatest movie ever made. That has little to do with the machine but moreso with that movie being the best thing ever.
Shawshank Redemption isn't the greatest movie ever. Great movie but not GOAT but given your tastes it's not like this would lead to anything worthwhile.
LTB was trying to say that I'm purposely playing contrarian and I proved I wasnt. Thats all it was.
I know. Like I said I think it's more you just don't have good taste but every now and then like you say you'll get it right about a movie or two. Broken clock is at least right twice a day.

Last edited:
I didn't even bring up "the machine" today :lol: :lol:. Lawdog said it and brought if back into focus (maybe he's one of THEM:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:)

I'd rather you say I don't have good taste than just chalk it up to trolling. I appreciate that breh

Last edited:
Got back from Godzilla....... did not see it solo, me and my bro called into work to watch it together 
laugh.gif

it was a tad bit of a let down considering how hyped I was for it.

Suffered from the same downfall that basically crippled Pacific Rim; the stuff that surrounded the monsters was just lacking and couldn't carry the movie without almost putting me to sleep. 

Aaron Taylor-Johnson's best acting, is when he is getting his butt kicked. Basically the only time his character (whether its in Godzilla or Kick ***) comes to life is when he is in some sort of agony. Any other time, it feels he's a fence post struggling to put a little bass into his faux American accent.

The actual fight scenes were pretty dope and definitely had some nostalgic OG Godzilla feel to it. 

When I was a youngin, I used to be pretty into the Japanese series 'Ultraman' and the pacing/side stories reminded me a lot of that; which I'm assuming is the formula for most Japanese monster movies.

All in all, because they nailed the Godzilla part of the movie and Cranston and Olson were dope, I give it a very watchable 4/8.

If it were a Capri Sun flavor, its probably a palpable Red Berry.

People like me?

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your_____ fingers and say, "That's the bad guy"

Because I am the hero the Movie thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you'll hunt me.

People like me?

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your_____ fingers and say, "That's the bad guy"

Because I am the hero the Movie thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you'll hunt me.

You're starting to remind me of somebody. Derailing a peaceful thread full of dialogue and info, and turning it into a me me me me thread the last 6-7 pages.

I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, chill.

You can have varying opinions, most of us do in here. But if you can't back and support your claims without throwing Machine, or Illuminati, or I hate eggs, you will need to post about movies in another thread.

I'm bein real here, no bs. Cool it.

People like me?

It's a thread about opinions so why is there a hero needed?

Again I brought none of things up, other people did as a basis to label me a troll. I have yet to make any sort of comment that can be deemed inflammatory or trollish

All I did was say I didn't like certain movies and gave reasons, albeit one lined movies as to why. I wasn't trying to start anything, not intentionally anyway. People just happened to take offense to my opinions and wanted more out of me which I get because that's how this thread works.

I'll abscond from this thread for a bit, I shall be back after I watch Gladiator and I'll make sure I have paragraphs ready. That's not me being snarky either, I'm coming with a full fledged review.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom