Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Rounders was an ok movie. It benefits from having a great cast & some stellar scenes.

Love the ending... Even though Malkovich' accent was horrible...

Last edited:
900x900px-LL-91ce8779_H9qoJvN.gif

What the **** happened in here? :lol:

900x900px-LL-91ce8779_H9qoJvN.gif

What the **** happened in here? :lol:

Oh, you know, the old Godfather, Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator, and Sopranos ain’t really all that, time of the month.

On some 21 year old hot blonde with huge boobs and tight *** but she has slender ankles so I’ma go ahead and pass on that for this dump truck over here at the bar.

NT at its finest. :lol:

Rounders was an ok movie. It benefits from having a great cast & some stellar scenes.

Love the ending... Even though Malkovich' accent was horrible...

Rounders is AMAZING.

and Malkovich's Russian accent, while bad, is oh so memorable and easy to imitate

Oh, you know, the old Godfather, Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator, and Sopranos ain’t really all that, time of the month.

On some 21 year old hot blonde with huge boobs and tight *** but she has slender ankles so I’ma go ahead and pass on that for this dump truck over here at the bar.

NT at its finest. :lol:

POINTY ELBOWS NT THEORY ON FULL BLAST

*sigh* I'm not rooting for the Spurs anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one last movie to add to this list and we might as well get it out of the way now so it doesn't come up later.

American Psycho is over rated to me. It's good, but not mind blowing.

Last edited:
I have one last movie to add to this list and we might as well get it out of the way now so it doesn't come up later.

American Psycho is over rated to me. It's good, but not mind blowing.

Yeah, I don't think that one is going to cause too much outrage.

What in the blue hell?

The Sopranos, Star Wars, Gladiator, and Pulp Fiction bash?

Man, y'all nuts. :lol:

I'm intrigued to see how long X-Men stays at 92%.... :nerd:

Will be catching the early showing tomorrow.

And y'all mentioned about going to the movies by yourself? I first started going by myself the majority of the time back when I was about 21. I'll probably continue going by myself until I'm married. I work a swing shift about 45-50 hours a week, but before work I normally have plenty of time to catch an early showing. I live on the Peninsula in SF, and there's a few decent theaters not very far away from me. And when I really want to have a good experience, I'll go see a movie at the Metreon. Most early showings for new movies never have more than 10% of the capacity filled, so I typically have an entire row for myself, which I prefer.

It's not that I necessarily wish to go to the movies by myself, it just works out that way, and I feel like I become more engrossed in the films if I watch them by myself. I remember watching A Clockwork Orange on the big screen a few years back, that was an amazing ride. :pimp:

Despite this, the girl I'm with is pretty ******* cool about what we go see when we're both not busy, :lol: . She'll go to any action movie, comedy, superhero movie, or horror movie that I please. And she also doesn't drag me out to romcoms. :lol: . One year, we actually got to watch Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, and Halloween all in about a span of the month. Main thing keeping us from going more often is she moved a few hours away for school, and finding time to watch movies is tough, so we have to be a little pickier than we were before.

American Psycho isn't a beloved piece of American cinema like Star Wars or Godfather.. so you're not going to upset too many people.

Saying The Godfather is boring and you couldn't even get past an hour of it is a very contentious opinion. You're free to have it, but you should be prepared to defend it. And for me, dismissing such a beloved and praised film like The Godfather with "it's boring" is unfortunate. Watch the whole movie before you make a judgment on it. Go in with as empty mind as you can. Don't watch every scene with "This movie is supposed to be the GOAT?" because you won't judge it fairly. It's damn near impossible to watch such a praised movie and have no bias going into it.. but you seem to be heavily influenced by the consensus opinion and you're judging it based on that.

Plus you do troll a little.. admit that much :lol: I'd say if you came in with "I know it's unpopular, but I just didn't get what made _______ so great, can someone help me out?" But you come in with "_____ is boring and overrated" and then you're surprised when people get upset :lol: Like I said.. DCAllAmerican 2.0 when you feel like it. Sleeved jerseys, eggs are disgusting, hating on Star Wars and the Godfather, not understanding why DBD got banned, the list goes on :lol:

Michael's transformation, Brando's performance, the score, the cinematography, the story and themes... it's a masterpiece in filmmaking... not boring.

Last edited:
-Maybe I missed something in Pulp Fiction(which I didnt say is a bad movie, just over rated) but it really feels like just a bunch of random stories that arent really tied together at all, its just all over the place.

This is when I knew something was up. The whole damn movie is connecting different stories together, and he says they aren't really tied together? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eggs are disgusting. You cant have that one you just cant. Its not getting lumped into your troll assessment, those things are horrible and a pox on anyone who eats them.

Eggs are disgusting. You cant have that one you just cant. Its not getting lumped into your troll assessment, those things are horrible and a pox on anyone who eats them.

I eat eggs 2 to 3 x a week, so if I come down with a pox, I'm blaming you.

i have not seen primal fear or rounders :\

(adds to watch list)

american psycho was good but not great.

(By the way, if you eat most kinds of standard baked goods -- bread, cookies, cake, etc., -- you're consuming eggs).
Come on Lawdog, you think you're the first person to throw this at me. You cant taste the eggness when its in baked goods, its nowhere near the same thing.

(By the way, if you eat most kinds of standard baked goods -- bread, cookies, cake, etc., -- you're consuming eggs).
Come on Lawdog, you think you're the first person to throw this at me. You cant taste the eggness when its in baked goods, its nowhere near the same thing.

Not saying they're the same. Just saying that if you're going to throw a pox at anyone who eats eggs, that's a lot of poxes.

Back
Top Bottom