Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching "They Came Together." Completely ridiculous, but really funny. If you hate Nora Ephron movies it's the best thing ever:

As Good As It Gets is one of my favorite movies for random quotables

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"

"Do you drive?
Like the wind, but I'm not doing it"

All of his random insults :lol:

Last edited:
On my own tonight and struggling to choose a movie (while I replace the drivetrain on my bike so don't want anything too complex).

I'm down to Lone Survivor, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit or Monuments Men (I know but I love a ww2 movie).

Any strong feelings? Don't want to waste it as this doesn't happen too often.

If you want to feel sad and not actually get to replacing the drivetrain on your bike watch Lone Survivor.

If not, I'd say just watch Jack Ryan. Typical action spy flick. Should be good enough.

I have never heard this before :lol:

Shia is a great actor.
If you disagree, then we have different definitions of a "good actor".
I don't believe one needs a variance between the characters they've played to be a good actor.
Range is impressive. It's also a bonus.
A good actor is comfortable enough with themselves to real their humanity.
Denzel, Wahlberg, Shia, are all good actors. (That's using good as minimum value to their talents. Some of you may think Denzel is better than good. That's fine, because I'm not comparing them.)
I picked these three bc they shine.
A good acting performance holds up a mirror to real life and shows the audience. Good acting isn't "acting" natural. Being natural, is it. Being and living in front of the camera. The camera changes everything for most people. Look at the way ppl change their entire demeanor Nd behavior to take a picture or when they're on video. They're acting natural. And we inherently know when something is organic, we know real life bc we live it. I hate to sound moronic and simple but it really is just that.
A good actor , through practice, breaks the chains of societal judgement and allows themselves to "be" in front of the camera.
A good actor strips away all the bad **** we've been conditioned by and let's their beauty their vulnerability-- their humanityyyyy- shine through.
These three actors are an example of ppl that have mastered the tearing down the wall of concern with the judgement of others.
Also, these three are criticized for "playing themselves". That's idiotic when thinking about a good performance. It's a bonus if the character requires a role outside of oneself, but it's not required. It's just a fancier cake that tastes as amazing as the regular looking one.
You want to see Shia with a masterful performance of embracing his (and all of our) inherent vulnerability, and combining that with a perfect role for him?
Watch Lawless. When he plays a wannabe. A wannabe named Jack.
Jack wants to be a tough guy. But he's a *****.
(Sounds familiar- eh? Tmz vids and Shia leering at motorcyclists and doing wayyyy too much, READ: being a wannabe).
Jack is truly "soft". But he tries soooo hard.
His older brother Forrest (Tom Hardy) is a MAN.
(He handles his business, he gives people what he deserves, and above all things he is himself he wears no mask he tries to be no one else)
There's a really brutal scene where Shia is getting his *** beat, and you see the true pain in his eyes and it's such a powerful scene that undeniably showcases his talents.
Acting is being. In the moment. And Shia is very good at it.

EDIT: Zik, I haven't seen the Nymphomaniac projects, or Charlie Countryman, or Fury, but I'm looking to their viewings most definitelyy

Keanu has mastered bein in the moment as well.
But more importantly relevant to the question of his career, Keanu is a fish out of water, and it's brilliant when he's cast in those roles.
Hardball- degenerate gambler POS as a profane fish in the innocent water of children. Oh, and it's Asian/passable white dude coaching an all-black baseball team.
- replacements- "scab" takin a job that doesn't belong to him. That cast a motley crew of rejects. Great job going him that role
- matrix- "the one"-- the quintessential fish out water. UNDENIABLY great performance in a flawless film.
See what I mean? He doesn't belong in real life! Ever watched an interview? He's very peculiar. Who the **** donates 75 mill to make an entire production team each individual millonaires? He's not of this planet, he don't belong, and if a character has those traits he'll deliver an awesome performance.
But speaking on his awful unintentionally funny movies (we were drinking the other night and someone put on some movie about an underground fighting ring. Keanu was like the ringleader) and everybody was dyingggg at this fools every line.
I have to ask, because I genuinely am not sure-- is it bad acting on his part? Bad casting? Or is the way he's viewed by society currently so ridiculous that he's bSically a real life meme and nothing he does can be taken seriously.

Oh. And Disppearance of Elanor Rigby?
******* IN :pimp:

Last edited:
It was so long ago when I reacted to Shia LeBeouf praise that I can't read all that and form a reply.

I'll just say Shia is a good actor in the way the he can become another character somewhat and not hold up a movie's plot badly. He has very limited range though. I think he'd only excel in bit roles.

The new Transformer's has to be the most cynical, blatantly commercial film ever produced by Hollywood. :x :smh:

I took my nephews to see it.

-Full of really REALLY obvious obnoxious product placement, nonsensical plot, paper thin characters.
-It also has an entire pointless section pandering to the Chinese market to secure fat international box office numbers.
-The Transoformers suddenly have to fly to Beijing halfway through the movie for reasons that remain completely unclear by the end of the movie.

also

There's basically a black **** autobot,: a lazy malcontent who complains about working all the time, is lazy, and refuses to fight in the final act of the movie uttering the phrase "free at last". I danm near spit out my drink when he said. :lol: :smh:

Whats worse is he's voiced by what sounds like an autisti person doing a bad bernie mac impression.

The black **** auto bot, is enslaved by white humans for most of the movie, and refuses to help anyone, In fact he could have averted the esential crisis of the movie but he doesn't because of laziness, but himself, and just walks away before the final glorious confrontation.

This may sound like some conspiracy brotha type **** but I'm serious man, am I the only one who see's this.

The new Transformer's has to be the most cynical, blatantly commercial film ever produced by Hollywood. :x :smh:

I took my nephews to see it.

-Full of really REALLY obvious obnoxious product placement, nonsensical plot, paper thin characters.
-It also has an entire pointless section pandering to the Chinese market to secure fat international box office numbers.
-The Transoformers suddenly have to fly to Beijing halfway through the movie for reasons that remain completely unclear by the end of the movie.

also

There's basically a black **** autobot,: a lazy malcontent who complains about working all the time, is lazy, and refuses to fight in the final act of the movie uttering the phrase "free at last". I danm near spit out my drink when he said. :lol: :smh:

Whats worse is he's voiced by what sounds like an autisti person doing a bad bernie mac impression.

The black **** auto bot, is enslaved by white humans for most of the movie, and refuses to help anyone, In fact he could have averted the esential crisis of the movie but he doesn't because of laziness, but himself, and just walks away before the final glorious confrontation.

This may sound like some conspiracy brotha type **** but I'm serious man, am I the only one who see's this.
movie was ehh tho but did enjoy all the fight scenes...

Hasn't there been notable stereotyping throughout the history of theTransformers franchise? (I've never seen any of them all the way through)

What are your guys' fav movie soundtracks?
Who has successfully gotten someone into movie soundtracks?
Right now, I'm loving the ost to grand budapest.

Place Beyond the Pines has an awesome score.

What should I watch or at least in what order should I watch it? Some I haven't seen at all and some I haven't seen in a long time. Anything old I probably already saw

The Internship, Natural Born Killers, 2 guns, Beginners, Closed Circuit, First Strike, Hyde Park, Identity Thief, Runner Runner, that Burt Wonderstone movie, Depps Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, The Way Way Back, Pacific Rim, R.I.P.D., The Beach.

What should I watch or at least in what order should I watch it? Some I haven't seen at all and some I haven't seen in a long time. Anything old I probably already saw

The Internship, Natural Born Killers, 2 guns, Beginners, Closed Circuit, First Strike, Hyde Park, Identity Thief, Runner Runner, that Burt Wonderstone movie, Depps Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, The Way Way Back, Pacific Rim, R.I.P.D., The Beach.

Fast 1-6
The Beach
Pac Rim
2 Guns
Runner Runner
Internship
Burt Wonderstone
Identity Thief
NBK

Fast 1-6
The Beach
Pac Rim
2 Guns
Runner Runner
Internship
Burt Wonderstone
Identity Thief
NBK

:rofl: Fast 6 was on today, I flipped past it.

Probably gonna go with this lineup. Anybody feel free to give a strong recommendation given all these movies are a bit slightly above average to average.

Whoa so The Counselor.

Wasn't terrible but it was as disappointing as Killing Them Softly.

On to my list of movies.

Last edited:
wow anchorman 2 was a terrible movie. i didn't even finish it. yikes that was bad.

watched enemy of the state for the first time. great thriller. slightly ahead of its time. but the whole time I was like damn.... this should have been young denzel. Would have put it over the top. it's gotta be one of will smiths best movies

Last edited:
The Beach better than the first time I saw it :pimp:

As I watched I thought a young Leo could've easily done justice to a Lord of the Flies movie :smokin Oh well :smh:

Whoa so The Counselor.

On to my list of movies.

Killing Them Softly was aite for what they were going for, but I'm sure everyone expected a vastly different movie.

That scene where they robbed the poker game was super intense for me for some reason, I almost couldn't take it :lol:

Last edited:
Whoa so The Counselor.

On to my list of movies.

Killing Them Softly was aite for what they were going for, but I'm sure everyone expected a vastly different movie.

That scene where they robbed the poker game was super intense for me for some reason, I almost couldn't take it :lol:
Yeah when those amateur tweekers robbed that game it had me laughing but was still intense :lol: You really didn't know what was gonna happen next at that moment.

On a related note, Rob the Mob is basically that same scene over and over again :lol:

Finally watched Fast 6.

This dude Dom's got that adamantium back.
laugh.gif

Took that crash into the windshield like it was nothing.

Dat runway.
roll.gif

Baby girl Gina with the heel turn.
mean.gif

Poor Gisele.
All in all, Fast 6 was cool, but Fast 5 was better.

Last edited:
Pacific Rim isn't a good movie at all. I mean besides the story line they spend a lot of time looking at things, like they want to let you know we spent money on cgi.

A little criticism but it probably would've helped if they didn't even use words like kaiju and jager. Felt too much like manga. Just translate to some simpler possibly more threatening word.

I'm sure this was just a cool thing in theater for what it was but all my fans are failing on all levels; Charlie Day, Ron Perlman, Idris, Del Torro. Nothing worked imo. Felt like a less boring Ender's Game at points. Ending was cool though.

Guess it's up to me to write and direct the Gundam and Big O movies :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom