Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Well we can either keep it simple, and have those who participated + spectators simply rank their choices 1-10 with equal points attached, then re-vote and rank 1-5 to get our final tally based on points.

We could use IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes as percentage of the overall vote, 30% to the GMs 70% with the rankings
laugh.gif

Voting in general wouldn't be a bad idea, unless we wanted to keep this primarily a S&T venture.

Well we can either keep it simple, and have those who participated + spectators simply rank their choices 1-10 with equal points attached, then re-vote and rank 1-5 to get our final tally based on points.

We could use IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes as percentage of the overall vote, 30% to the GMs 70% with the rankings
laugh.gif

Voting in general wouldn't be a bad idea, unless we wanted to keep this primarily a S&T venture.

I like the participated plus spectators ranking. I purposely picked movies with a lower rating on IMDB just because I felt they were better.

I like the participated plus spectators ranking. I purposely picked movies with a lower rating on IMDB just because I felt they were better.

You know everyone in General just gonna vote for Ill, he's one of them. 
laugh.gif
   Us S&Ter's won't even be allowed to speak. 
laugh.gif

I'm thinkin, I drop all 12 teams in the OP and say we did a draft offline, here are the results, you all pick the winner......?  Something to that effect or what? 

Then we take some of that, and cross it with our results in here? 

We need some S&T judges in here too.  Can't just let General have all the fun.  

You know everyone in General just gonna vote for Ill, he's one of them. 
laugh.gif
   Us S&Ter's won't even be allowed to speak. 
laugh.gif

I'm thinkin, I drop all 12 teams in the OP and say we did a draft offline, here are the results, you all pick the winner......?  Something to that effect or what? 

Then we take some of that, and cross it with our results in here? 

We need some S&T judges in here too.  Can't just let General have all the fun.  

laugh.gif
 I'm gonna be at the bottom of voting. Some of the films I picked are somewhat obscure and the ratings for all of them aren't that great. I basically just picked films that I liked. There's no way any real film aficionado would have picked Nolan's Following over The Thin Red Line. To defend that pick though, really, the way Following was cut and the ending was excellent. A very solid story with a creative idea. I actually enjoyed it more than Memento. Memento's true strength was from Jonathan Nolan's original story and whoever worked in editing the film, but I always felt it was somewhat "gimmicky."
My Quick Godfather III "analysis" (put in spoiler tags just in case)

Spoiler [+]
And Godfather III was a real tough choice to omit from any list. The thing is, there's such a negative stigma around Sofia Coppola's casting, and the whole incest angle was tough to buy into (I have no idea how rampant incest is in Italian families, so maybe it's just a cultural difference that I don't understand). I also despised the fact that Duval wasn't part of the cast. With all that said, IMO the overall story was excellent. The way Michael's story came full circle was intriguing and his quest for redemption (from his past) and reconciliation with Kay, followed by Mary's murder was tragic and well done. All in all it was a very good film, which one of us should have chosen.  I just wasn't going to be one that picked it.

laugh.gif
 I'm gonna be at the bottom of voting. Some of the films I picked are somewhat obscure and the ratings for all of them aren't that great. I basically just picked films that I liked. There's no way any real film aficionado would have picked Nolan's Following over The Thin Red Line. To defend that pick though, really, the way Following was cut and the ending was excellent. A very solid story with a creative idea. I actually enjoyed it more than Memento. Memento's true strength was from Jonathan Nolan's original story and whoever worked in editing the film, but I always felt it was somewhat "gimmicky."
My Quick Godfather III "analysis" (put in spoiler tags just in case)

Spoiler [+]
And Godfather III was a real tough choice to omit from any list. The thing is, there's such a negative stigma around Sofia Coppola's casting, and the whole incest angle was tough to buy into (I have no idea how rampant incest is in Italian families, so maybe it's just a cultural difference that I don't understand). I also despised the fact that Duval wasn't part of the cast. With all that said, IMO the overall story was excellent. The way Michael's story came full circle was intriguing and his quest for redemption (from his past) and reconciliation with Kay, followed by Mary's murder was tragic and well done. All in all it was a very good film, which one of us should have chosen.  I just wasn't going to be one that picked it.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Spread is a guilty pleasure flick of mine. Primarily because my lone goal in life is to have a well-to-do woman support me for no real reason.

The American Dream, I say.
I love Breakfast at Tiffany's partly for that reason
laugh.gif

I've never seen Godfather III and I can't say I'm all that enthused to ever watch it. Will do eventually one day, though, because I'm curious of the whole Vatican angle.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Spread is a guilty pleasure flick of mine. Primarily because my lone goal in life is to have a well-to-do woman support me for no real reason.

The American Dream, I say.
I love Breakfast at Tiffany's partly for that reason
laugh.gif

I've never seen Godfather III and I can't say I'm all that enthused to ever watch it. Will do eventually one day, though, because I'm curious of the whole Vatican angle.

Well hey ... we're doing 13th man picks?
Sports - Any Given Sunday

Drama - The Game

Comedy - Home Alone

Horror/Thriller - The Devil's Advocate

Crime - Menace II Society

Sci-Fi - Gattaca Ghost In The Shell

Action - Desperado

Western - Mask of Zorro

Utility - Nightmare Before Christmas

Utility - Leaving Las Vegas

And can I move South Park to my Comedy, since it'd make more sense?

Well hey ... we're doing 13th man picks?
Sports - Any Given Sunday

Drama - The Game

Comedy - Home Alone

Horror/Thriller - The Devil's Advocate

Crime - Menace II Society

Sci-Fi - Gattaca Ghost In The Shell

Action - Desperado

Western - Mask of Zorro

Utility - Nightmare Before Christmas

Utility - Leaving Las Vegas

And can I move South Park to my Comedy, since it'd make more sense?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Awakenings and Leaving Las Vegas were the two I wanted to pick but didn't towards the end.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Awakenings and Leaving Las Vegas were the two I wanted to pick but didn't towards the end.

The only problem with voting is that people will be attracted to their favorite films and might not look at the entire roster of each team. Just adds a major subjective element to it.

The only problem with voting is that people will be attracted to their favorite films and might not look at the entire roster of each team. Just adds a major subjective element to it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 They are having a hard time understanding in there.  One guy picked his own team with like 5 of the first 10 picks. 
laugh.gif
  They don't understand once a movie is chosen, it's off limits to everyone else.  I'm trying to explain a lil better, but so far, JohnnyRed seems to be getting the most love. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 They are having a hard time understanding in there.  One guy picked his own team with like 5 of the first 10 picks. 
laugh.gif
  They don't understand once a movie is chosen, it's off limits to everyone else.  I'm trying to explain a lil better, but so far, JohnnyRed seems to be getting the most love. 

Oh my God........

Someone just pointed out, not a single one of us chose Friday for comedy...........

frown.gif

What have we done? 
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
sick.gif

I can't even believe this.  I COMPLETELY forgot that film.  Holy @#$% 

Oh my God........

Someone just pointed out, not a single one of us chose Friday for comedy...........

frown.gif

What have we done? 
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
sick.gif

I can't even believe this.  I COMPLETELY forgot that film.  Holy @#$% 

Back
Top Bottom