Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Noskey

That's 'Ultimatum' right?

Yea. Pictures ain't it right now.
And The Pianist 
smokin.gif
 people sleep on that movie, but I've never seen a Holocaust movie that's that great and that watchable. It's got all the bite and it's own style compared to Schindler's, but you need like 3 or 4 solid months of...'I should really watch this again' to watch Schindler, but The Pianist is that great movie that can just creep on you and get you in the mood to see something difficult.

And The Pianist 
smokin.gif
 people sleep on that movie, but I've never seen a Holocaust movie that's that great and that watchable. It's got all the bite and it's own style compared to Schindler's, but you need like 3 or 4 solid months of...'I should really watch this again' to watch Schindler, but The Pianist is that great movie that can just creep on you and get you in the mood to see something difficult.

MrONegative wrote:
And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

I honestly don't think I will ever watch Schindler's again. 
tired.gif
  GREAT film, but it pulverized me ya know?  And I'm not Jewish or German or any of that, I have no ties, but I am human, and that stuff was BRUTAL to watch.  I just watched it like a month ago, and I remember the next couple days I was simply still "affected" by it. 
frown.gif
tired.gif
  I had seen a lot of video's from like in Junior High and all that when we were learning about it, but to see that movie, like that, I was done.  Once is all I need to see of that, probably spend the rest of my life tryna forget it so to speak. 
I remember asking my wife, imagine filming that movie.  Director yells cut, how do they all sit there after some of those scenes?  How much crying you think was going on?  Just, ugh. 
sick.gif

MrONegative wrote:
And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

tired.gif
  GREAT film, but it pulverized me ya know?  And I'm not Jewish or German or any of that, I have no ties, but I am human, and that stuff was BRUTAL to watch.  I just watched it like a month ago, and I remember the next couple days I was simply still "affected" by it. 
frown.gif
tired.gif
  I had seen a lot of video's from like in Junior High and all that when we were learning about it, but to see that movie, like that, I was done.  Once is all I need to see of that, probably spend the rest of my life tryna forget it so to speak. 
I remember asking my wife, imagine filming that movie.  Director yells cut, how do they all sit there after some of those scenes?  How much crying you think was going on?  Just, ugh. 
sick.gif

CP im not really sure exactly what i want for my next pick but ill try my best to send you a PM with a very short list tonight...if i dont i probably couldnt decide so ill try to get here early in the morning and make my pick, definitely before 11 PT.

CP im not really sure exactly what i want for my next pick but ill try my best to send you a PM with a very short list tonight...if i dont i probably couldnt decide so ill try to get here early in the morning and make my pick, definitely before 11 PT.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

Thought so. Desh was such a badass
pimp.gif

People do sleep on the Pianist. And it's weird, cause it won hella Oscars. I mean, it's depressing, but it's shot so beautifully. Too many scenes to list out that were
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

tired.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif
Everything I didnt cross out, I could say for Salo. Not a good thing, because that movie was too intense and too disgusting for words, but I just had that random thought as soon as I finished reading your post
laugh.gif
Not comparing it to Schindler's List either, that movie is a work of art. Salo is maggot infested trash in a burning bag of %@+!.

Who else has seen Salo?
nerd.gif
I know some of you have had to see it by now.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

Thought so. Desh was such a badass
pimp.gif

People do sleep on the Pianist. And it's weird, cause it won hella Oscars. I mean, it's depressing, but it's shot so beautifully. Too many scenes to list out that were
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif
Everything I didnt cross out, I could say for Salo. Not a good thing, because that movie was too intense and too disgusting for words, but I just had that random thought as soon as I finished reading your post
laugh.gif
Not comparing it to Schindler's List either, that movie is a work of art. Salo is maggot infested trash in a burning bag of %@+!.

Who else has seen Salo?
nerd.gif
I know some of you have had to see it by now.

damn great pick with Slumdog.

For my 3rd round pick, I'm taking the best comedy of the 2000's

The Hangover

damn great pick with Slumdog.

For my 3rd round pick, I'm taking the best comedy of the 2000's

The Hangover

MrONegative wrote:
And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

That's kinda what happened to me when I watched it again last year. A lot of scenes, you can just kinda take in the artistry and the creativity. But then there are those scenes, that aren't even just depressing and profound...they're those, 'you can't come back from this' scene. With Lord of the Rings, that first time you see an army the movie levels you...you're amazed in a good way. The first time you see a village worth of naked families walking towards...those are you can't come back from this moments. Movies like Hostel, are what they are...but this. They don't have to exaggerate, because enough of the trauma happens inside of you. I couldn't watch Schindler's again this year or next. It's everyone. It's the humiliation...it's the old people that hurt me. That's too much to want to experience again.

MrONegative wrote:
And The Pianist 
smokin.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

That's kinda what happened to me when I watched it again last year. A lot of scenes, you can just kinda take in the artistry and the creativity. But then there are those scenes, that aren't even just depressing and profound...they're those, 'you can't come back from this' scene. With Lord of the Rings, that first time you see an army the movie levels you...you're amazed in a good way. The first time you see a village worth of naked families walking towards...those are you can't come back from this moments. Movies like Hostel, are what they are...but this. They don't have to exaggerate, because enough of the trauma happens inside of you. I couldn't watch Schindler's again this year or next. It's everyone. It's the humiliation...it's the old people that hurt me. That's too much to want to experience again.

^
My wife and I are very soft when it comes to kids.  My wife's thing is, at worst, older people lived their lives, ya know?  Kids though........
frown.gif

The scene with the bus driving off with all the kids on it happy and waving and what not, damn near made me turn the movie off.  I think that scene more than any other made me sick to my stomach. 
sick.gif

^
My wife and I are very soft when it comes to kids.  My wife's thing is, at worst, older people lived their lives, ya know?  Kids though........
frown.gif

The scene with the bus driving off with all the kids on it happy and waving and what not, damn near made me turn the movie off.  I think that scene more than any other made me sick to my stomach. 
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
That little girl in the red...seeing all those things.
sick.gif
I mean I'm sure people reading this are like...cmon it's not that bad, it's not A Serbian Film, but I can easily accept that that's fake, this...is another story. Couldn't imagine just wanting to watch it again.

And Nos...I haven't seen Salo...but NT put me onto it. So, I have this folder on my external called Pat Hates His Friends Trilogy, and that's in there for the 'rare' Knicks blowout that I can unleash that on them. Haven't seen it myself though.
nerd.gif
A Serbian Film's in there too.
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
That little girl in the red...seeing all those things.
sick.gif
I mean I'm sure people reading this are like...cmon it's not that bad, it's not A Serbian Film, but I can easily accept that that's fake, this...is another story. Couldn't imagine just wanting to watch it again.

And Nos...I haven't seen Salo...but NT put me onto it. So, I have this folder on my external called Pat Hates His Friends Trilogy, and that's in there for the 'rare' Knicks blowout that I can unleash that on them. Haven't seen it myself though.
nerd.gif
A Serbian Film's in there too.
grin.gif

Give it a watch sometime
smile.gif
I mean, the knowledge of it being fake helped me get through it. But it just seems so real. And the ending... man the way it ended had me tripping for a couple days. But still, watch it so you have that much more satisfaction when you force it upon your friends.

You said trilogy... the 3rd in there is...?
nerd.gif

Give it a watch sometime
smile.gif
I mean, the knowledge of it being fake helped me get through it. But it just seems so real. And the ending... man the way it ended had me tripping for a couple days. But still, watch it so you have that much more satisfaction when you force it upon your friends.

You said trilogy... the 3rd in there is...?
nerd.gif

Alright gals, looks like I'm starting up another day:

Sweeney Todd (2007) - Drama
Zodiac (2007) - Crime

Let's make up some time today if we can.

Alright gals, looks like I'm starting up another day:

Sweeney Todd (2007) - Drama
Zodiac (2007) - Crime

Let's make up some time today if we can.

Back
Top Bottom