Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'd be far more receptive to anything Max Landis related if he wrote an article rather than a video. I find his style annoying and overbearing, despite him having some good ideas.

Just got done watching Top Boy very good show, if you liked Luther you'll definitely enjoy this show.

I finished the show last week. Really liked it. Finished the series 2 finale then went on wikipedia to see when series 3 will come out and saw the show was done. Hate when shows end and stuff is still going on. The actor who played dushane he's working on something new with the same characters.

the music in h8ful tho ... especially that opening track ... morricone is god tier

watched The Lobster last week. loved it and is def in my top five for this year... never thought shorty from the mummy was cute but she look right in this ... french broad from basterds/spectre/bitwc bad af too

the music in h8ful tho ... especially that opening track ... morricone is god tier

watched The Lobster last week. loved it and is def in my top five for this year... never thought shorty from the mummy was cute but she look right in this ... french broad from basterds/spectre/bitwc bad af too

Music was def on point. Set the tone for the whole movie. Was that a sample from something else or an original score?

I'd be far more receptive to anything Max Landis related if he wrote an article rather than a video. I find his style annoying and overbearing, despite him having some good ideas.
this is true

recently he's called rey a mary sue character and both sides of the internet gender war are going at him 
laugh.gif

I loved rey and thought the movie was pure greatness but he does make some good points

Ghost Protocol or Rogue Nation?

I think I might like Rogue Nation better top to bottom. For some reason, I never really liked the 3rd act of GP other than seeing Paula Patton looking beautiful.

Ghost Protocol or Rogue Nation?

I think I might like Rogue Nation better top to bottom. For some reason, I never really liked the 3rd act of GP other than seeing Paula Patton looking beautiful.
I watched Rogue Nation the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ghost Protocool was good up until the end.

Cool video about Heat

Hard to believe that movie is 20 years old now (at least for me).

There's a line in Heat that I think about a lot and I think it is becoming more and more resonant as time goes on. Not surprisingly, it's during the Pacino-DeNiro sit down. Al asks Robert whether he'd like to have a "regular type" life and he responds, "what the **** is that? Bar-b-ques and ball games?" Like there really is no such thing as a "regular" life. I think there's something to that. Not saying being criminal is really a supportable lifestyle choice, but I'm not sure there really is such a thing as "normal" or "regular" in terms of how people live their lives.

Anyway, great movie.

The Revenant aint no joke man. I shouldn't have listened to the so so reviews at all. It's a different type of film givnen how quiet it is and light on dialogue but it's going for the realism which is succeeded. Definitely worth the watch.

7/8

The action was on point. The bear attack! :wow: That bear attack had me shook. It was a real bear man. I literally thought Leo was gonna die when that thing was mauling him. That thing was tearing at his back, spine and butt :smh: :x

I can see how some ppl may have mistaken one part of the attack for bear rape though :lol:

Things escalated despite the calm tone of the movie. That blink scene :smh: The pain on Leo's face during that. The fleeing from the Sioux and going off the cliff :lol:

Hardy did his thing in this :pimp: His character was just too devious, vicious, and too greedy. Out here scalping ************* just cuz it happened to him (try and make it look like a native did it). Maybe I'm just confusing his style but his character reminded me of the characters he played in Lawless a bit.

When Glass crawls out of that shallow grave to his frozen dead son's corpse I was mad with him. The constant haunting visions of his son and wife :smh: The survival theme was dominant though. Bear Grylls couldn't be living this life. He don't know nothing about sleeping inside of horses naked. The whole other narrative of these natives trying to get revenge of the taking of dude's daughter really blended well with the revenge theme.

The final showdown was satisfying. Fitzgerald's last words was coldblooded truth and then glass comes back with the "Revenge is in GOD's hands, not mine." and then sends him to his fate.

You know when they say revenge is a dish best served cold? Now this is the movie I'll think about when I hear that saying.

Last edited:
Glad everything went well with your wife's surgery lawdog and that you're brother is recuperating.

I'll forever love Alicia Silverstone for her role in Clueless. I even sat through the offensively terribly "Beautyshop" because she was in it. But I offset that awfulness because I watched it while flying first class to Rome for a baller family trip to Europe... which sounds like something Tom from Parks and Rec would say.

Anyway, I watched Sicario tonight. About halfway through I got to thinking "Okay, he's clearly awesome so far, but Benecio isn't blowing me away like I expected" then the 3rd act came.. and yeah. I loved it, just like I expected. The cast, the direction, Deakins cinematography, the score, it was all just a damn well done movie. I loved this kind of take on the war on drugs, I immediately wanted to rewatch it. 

It's hard to pick out a favorite scene but despite some really tense and incredible sequences, the traffic jam at the border was probably my favorite. I did go into it thinking that Emily Blunt was more of a badass in the movie. Don't get me wrong, she held her own and was awesome, but I admittedly didn't know anything about the plot other than one trailer I saw, but she was still excellent and the track they took with her character was great.

Any of southpaw, dumb and dumber to or aloha worth watching?

Also dead man down?

Last edited:
Not really in a good kind of way.

Southpaw was a fine movie. Saw it once, didn't blow me away, but it wasn't bad by any means. Worth a watch out of those three.

When I think 'depressing/dark' and 'sports', I think Wrestler.

Similar tone?
the wrestler was more depressing and a better movie , southpaw really feels forced . foster system kid fights his way out ,trouble with finances etc . mostly cliche tropes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom