Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

sicario was fantastic imo. i felt warm satisfaction when del toro did his thing.

wrestler>>>>>>>>>>southpaw. not even in the same hemisphere.

i'll wait to watch the revenant when my interruptions will be minimal. watched creed today and give it 5/8. was ok.

Chronicle 5.5/8

very cool/interesting concept, rare movie where found footage actually works pretty well

protagonist had no likeable qualities, he was a well written character and you can understand why he is who he is but just an all around unlikeable human being which brought the movie down for me. 

Happy Birthday CP!

truly an amazing life to have been able to grow up watching A Trip To The Moon in theaters and now witnessing the greatness that is The Force Awakens. 
pimp.gif

Per his buddy Greg Grunberg, JJ Abrams regretting not directing Ep VIII because it's "so good." :nerd:

max landis has a very strong personality and I can see how people would find him annoying but a lot of his insights are really interesting 
I don't even play his vids when they're posted on NT. Son is very annoying to me and seems to constantly crave attention and validation for his ideas that most of the time go nowhere.

He just comes off as an entitled hollywood brat. Did anyone see American Ultra and Victor Frankenstein? Both of those are his stories.

He just comes off as an entitled hollywood brat. Did anyone see American Ultra and Victor Frankenstein? Both of those are his stories.

I copped America ultra on iTunes , movie is just a movie nothing interesting about it or any fye action scenes , atleast to me . Seemed like a YouTubeer got a Kickstarter to make a movie honestly .

Joy was pretty meh. Kinda over with Jlaw man. Feel like SLP was her peak

Last edited:
saw The Martian. 6.5/8 now gotta check with my man Neil DeGrasse Tyson if he had anything to say about the accuracy of the science in the movie. I know he went in on Gravity and Interstellar

^ And The Force Awakens. 
laugh.gif

I effs with NDG, too.

But he's definitely 'that guy'.

"Dude, that's not even what would happen. OMG, are you serious? Totally impossible."

Two things I remember him saying about TFA that won't spoil it: being that BB8 has a metal sphere base, there's no way it could go over the sand dunes the way it does. And he pointed out that the fighter vehicles make the same sound in the vaccuum of space as they do when they're within a planet's atmosphere.

Obviously true, but... I mean, light sabers? Coming back as a hologram? THE FORCE?! Just going to ignore the impossibility of those things but point out the pew-pew sounds? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I know this is a movie thread but any of y'all ever read Misery by Stephen King? That is one twistedly awesome book.
but reading is fundamental!
Absolutely.

I just hate it.

Hate, hate, HAAAATE. 
embarassed.gif

However, I love that my son loves reading so much. I was mad one time last week and told him to put away everything Pokemon or electronic, that he could just read. He was walking away as I was saying it, but he turned around with the face of someone getting away with something and goes, "Wait, I can read?"

laugh.gif
 Read Wimpy Kid the rest of the night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom