Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'll take the only Western left that was decent that I can think of
appaloosa_movie_poster11.jpg

Then with my next pick I'll take..
adszzr4.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up, good pick JPZ.

I've never seen any of the Scream movies. Are all 3 worth watching?
First two were good, by the time the 3rd came around they started playing into the cliches that they were originally poking fun of. There's a lot of tongue in cheek moments, witty and clever dialogue, and they're pretty entertaining as well. I'm not a huge horror/scary movie fan, I'll watch them and I've seen the big ones, but I don't get a lot of repeated viewings from them.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up, good pick JPZ.

I've never seen any of the Scream movies. Are all 3 worth watching?
First two were good, by the time the 3rd came around they started playing into the cliches that they were originally poking fun of. There's a lot of tongue in cheek moments, witty and clever dialogue, and they're pretty entertaining as well. I'm not a huge horror/scary movie fan, I'll watch them and I've seen the big ones, but I don't get a lot of repeated viewings from them.

Hmm, I never knew it was as clever as you two have made it sound. Guess I'll be on the lookout for the first two and maybe skip the 3rd.

I saw 127 Hours for the first time a couple of weeks back, and my only beef with the film was that it was too short. An hour and a half is great for what Boyle showed, but there should've been at least a half hour of previous visits and shenanigans leading up to the accident. Still a good film, though.

Hmm, I never knew it was as clever as you two have made it sound. Guess I'll be on the lookout for the first two and maybe skip the 3rd.

I saw 127 Hours for the first time a couple of weeks back, and my only beef with the film was that it was too short. An hour and a half is great for what Boyle showed, but there should've been at least a half hour of previous visits and shenanigans leading up to the accident. Still a good film, though.

Yep 
laugh.gif
... I just watched 127 Hours this weekend.

Lmao at the dude wanting to masturbate when he was on the brink of death. Even paused the camera and everything
laugh.gif
... thought the music in it was great.

Yep 
laugh.gif
... I just watched 127 Hours this weekend.

Lmao at the dude wanting to masturbate when he was on the brink of death. Even paused the camera and everything
laugh.gif
... thought the music in it was great.

Yeah great score and why not rub one last one out
laugh.gif

The first two Screams are on TBS next Saturday and 3's running throughout the week on Showtime and TMC if anyone is interested. I'm gonna DVR all 3. Also Ill, Cache is gonna be on Wednesday on IFC (once at like 8 am and other 1 pm) if you wanna give it a viewing. Try and pay attention closely to the last scene, from what I read it supposedly tightens the story up a bit; I'll have to tune in and check it out again.

Yeah great score and why not rub one last one out
laugh.gif

The first two Screams are on TBS next Saturday and 3's running throughout the week on Showtime and TMC if anyone is interested. I'm gonna DVR all 3. Also Ill, Cache is gonna be on Wednesday on IFC (once at like 8 am and other 1 pm) if you wanna give it a viewing. Try and pay attention closely to the last scene, from what I read it supposedly tightens the story up a bit; I'll have to tune in and check it out again.

In 127 Hours, there's this montage after dude does the deed to close out the movie. I thought that was the most perfect movie moment of the year. The music, the cuts, everything. Not the easiest movie to watch again, but that end always gets me.

And Cache...I tried watching that movie like 3 times. I just can't find the patience or attention to get through it, I just keep rewinding, then give up.
30t6p3b.gif

In 127 Hours, there's this montage after dude does the deed to close out the movie. I thought that was the most perfect movie moment of the year. The music, the cuts, everything. Not the easiest movie to watch again, but that end always gets me.

And Cache...I tried watching that movie like 3 times. I just can't find the patience or attention to get through it, I just keep rewinding, then give up.
30t6p3b.gif

Sports---The Damn United
Drama---City of God
Comedy---The Royal Tennenbaums
Horror/Thriller---The Lives of Others
Crime---Snatch
Sci-Fi---Wall-E
Action---LOTR, Return of the King
Western---Serenity
Utility---Brokeback Mountain
Utility---

Sports---The Damn United
Drama---City of God
Comedy---The Royal Tennenbaums
Horror/Thriller---The Lives of Others
Crime---Snatch
Sci-Fi---Wall-E
Action---LOTR, Return of the King
Western---Serenity
Utility---Brokeback Mountain
Utility---

Western---No Country For Old Men
Horror/Thriller---Black Swan
Comedy---Amelie
Sci-Fi---Star Trek
Crime---American Gangster
Drama---Munich
Sports---Remember The Titans
Utility---Finding Nemo

pimp.gif

Western---No Country For Old Men
Horror/Thriller---Black Swan
Comedy---Amelie
Sci-Fi---Star Trek
Crime---American Gangster
Drama---Munich
Sports---Remember The Titans
Utility---Finding Nemo

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Round 8
1.  Johnny---Coach Carter, Sports
2.  Venom---40 Year Old Virgin, Utility
3.  LTB---500 Days of Summer, Comedy
4.  MrO---The 25th Hour, Crime
5.  Noskey---Un Prophete, Utility

6.  CP---Signs, Thriller
7.  Kev---Shutter Island, Thriller
8.  Prime---United 93, Crime
9.  Shaun---Knocked Up, Comedy
10. Kool---Taladega Nights, Sports
11. Illmatic---Sideways, Comedy
12. Dirk---The Damned United, Sports
13. JPZ---Munich, Drama
14. JRP---Appalloosa, Western

Everyone has 2 picks left...let's knock this out, yaknow.

This is the equivalent of getting Tom Brady in the 6th round...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Round 8
1.  Johnny---Coach Carter, Sports
2.  Venom---40 Year Old Virgin, Utility
3.  LTB---500 Days of Summer, Comedy
4.  MrO---The 25th Hour, Crime
5.  Noskey---Un Prophete, Utility

6.  CP---Signs, Thriller
7.  Kev---Shutter Island, Thriller
8.  Prime---United 93, Crime
9.  Shaun---Knocked Up, Comedy
10. Kool---Taladega Nights, Sports
11. Illmatic---Sideways, Comedy
12. Dirk---The Damned United, Sports
13. JPZ---Munich, Drama
14. JRP---Appalloosa, Western

Everyone has 2 picks left...let's knock this out, yaknow.

This is the equivalent of getting Tom Brady in the 6th round...

Back
Top Bottom