Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Saw that aaron rodgers' brother won the bachelorette. I find that funny for some reason. I wonder if some of the women actually believe they'll find love on this stupid show. I remember last year one of the guys casually said they had sex and the girl got so upset and everyone on the show got so mad. Like wth are you getting mad for? They show you going in a room with a guy every night and saying goodbye to him in he morning.

thought sausage party and kubo came out already and I just missed em..

how many of you guys checked out the new bourne and what were your thoughts?

I was supposed to go Friday and yesterday (was a holiday in the Bahamas)

Is this about right?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/worst-netflix-original-shows.html/10/

I haven't seen any of the shows on this list just cuz there's too much **** to watch let alone just on Netflix.

Some are in my to watch list so I'd like a heads up.
flaked was aiiright, had a lil bit of bojack horseman to it.. but nowhere near as good.. but if nothing else is on, not a terrible first season
Saw that aaron rodgers' brother won the bachelorette. I find that funny for some reason. I wonder if some of the women actually believe they'll find love on this stupid show. I remember last year one of the guys casually said they had sex and the girl got so upset and everyone on the show got so mad. Like wth are you getting mad for? They show you going in a room with a guy every night and saying goodbye to him in he morning.
my girl and some of our mutual friends watch it.. I like to make fun of the whole thing

Flaked was just blah. Boring most times, then equal parts humorous and depressing.

Between, though, the worst show I've seen not on the CW. Such a ****** tween-aimed show.

how many of you guys checked out the new bourne and what were your thoughts?

I was supposed to go Friday and yesterday (was a holiday in the Bahamas)
Watching Bourne now in a theater full of cool old ppl.

Will get back to you.

EDIT

Jason Bourne 5.9/8

If you liked the other Bourne movies you'll really like this one. Car chase scenes are improved and manage not to be the typical destruction and still be really intense. Fight scenes are up there with Supremacy. I liked that one of the other programs had more involvement to the climax of the plot.

Only complaints is they could've hit harder on the emotional beats for why Bourne is back but the character has always been a bit stoic and emotionless so it's not unexpected with his reactions. Also the way they just kill off a certain character is the same as a previous movie.

Matt Damon really has aged. He is looking old and beat up in this. I don't know if it's the makeup for Bourne or if that's just Matt's face now :smh:

The ending could've gotten one more death.

Alicia Vikander has it in her to play a villain. She was straight cold in the end.

Tommy Lee Jones kind of mailed this in but if you want a guy to play a grumpy murderous boss that repress ts the old guard that will not be sorry or remorseful for his actions that's who you get.

Cassell was believable as the CIA assassin.

:lol: @ Naz from The Night Of being in this.

Last edited:
Vice Principals is hilarious.

"You bushy mustache wearing ************"

:rofl:

I gotta catch up. Haven't watched since Ep 1, which I liked. Glad to hear its been funny since. Going to get back on it this week before the Olympics start.

I really liked Stark Trek Beyond. That 3rd act completely paid off. Whole thing felt like everything I love about the ST show come to life in a feature film.

While it's a common trope/twist I didn't see that one coming and without it my view on this would be very different. Midway through I'm struggling to clearly make sense of the villains motives but then it all pays off and really makes sense. A pretty ****** up existence if you give thought to survivng through all of that.

Anyway, some of the beginning dragged a bit but it wasn't that bad and I could take or leave the life reflecting situations Kirk and Spock find themselves in the beginning of the movie. Spock's made more sense though.

I know it was impossible but during specific scenes I was just hoping for an appearance by Leonard Nimoy. One last video conference :smh:

6.5/8

Last edited:
Half way in even though they say they did, these DT guys make me wonder if they saw the past Bourne movies and paid attention.

Chase scenes, walking fast in crowds, ppl looking at screens, struggling with guns in fight scenes, talking on phones is the bread and butter of Bourne movies.

I can get the actors not caring and some of the story beats being lifted from past movies complaint.

I just always lose focus and kind of write off a serious movie when the CIA or whatever agency person has a blurry *** picture and says "enhance," as if that's something that can happen, but by the gods, the picture gains a million pixels and clears up perfectly. That's where Jason Bourne lost me.

The new Bourne movie was unnecessary but is nowhere near the 66% rating it has on RT. The only issue I had with it is that Bourne is in the SAME position he was in at the end of the movie as he was in the beginning, even after going through all that :lol: The writers clearly had no idea how to bring him back. Everything else was classic Bourne though. Dude has been an unkillable superhero since the 1st movie; dudes are really surprised he survives through everything he went through in this one?

Last edited:
I just always lose focus and kind of write off a serious movie when the CIA or whatever agency person has a blurry *** picture and says "enhance," as if that's something that can happen, but by the gods, the picture gains a million pixels and clears up perfectly. That's where Jason Bourne lost me.
laugh.gif

Never been a fan of the Bourne films

Bad Santa 2 coming out Novmber 23. I hope this comedy sequel coming out years later after the original can hold up unlike the others

I like to think of Vice Principals as what would have happened if Kenny Powers had a new life after he faked his own death at the end of Eastbound & Down season three.

Last edited:
:lol: They lost you back in Supremacy or Ultimatum then.

I know in Ultimatum they weren't even in an advanced command room and they were enhancing pics on these 2003 looking Dell computers in what just looked like a regular office floor :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom