Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Cant stand Renner.
Hes decent as supporting cast like in Mission Impossible, but he cant carry a movie worth a ****.
Horrible charisma, always has the same goofy mannerisms and style of talking.

extremely overrated

Finally caught Keanu.. I figured I'd like it, but I was surprised it was actually a solid comedy.

The director also did Warrior... which was far better than it should have been. So I'm optimistic.

Has anyone seen Green Room and how was it?
loved it. It was a refreshing concept. Brutal and even had some jiujitsu. 
nthat.gif

Just came back from watching bad moms. It was surprisingly entertaining and full of lulz.

Last edited:
Checked Barbershop III (aka Next Cut). I liked it. Really respect them trying to take on the violence in Chicago. Felt forced at times, but the heart was always in the right place. And Regina Hall is a good actress. And, lastly, Nikki Manaj. Well, damn. I know she's mostly artificial, but .... good gracious ....

Saw Jason Bourne last night. Joint was solid. Definitely better than what the RT rating is saying :lol:. I'd give it a 5.5/8

Sidenote: the theater was legit full of nothing but middle-aged women seeing "Bad Moms". That joint is about to do NUMBERS.

Meet the Blacks and Black Sea were on the menu this weekend. Meet the Blacks was garbage 2/8 and Black Sea wasn't as good as I thought it would be 4/8.

I don't find lil duval funny at all, so i figured Meet the Blacks would be trash. This young Twitter generation loves him tho, so that's something I'd put on if I had to entertain a lil ratchet broad. :lol:

Saw Barbershop 3 this weekend and it was surprisingly decent. Cool to see them put the candy in the medicine and provide some social commentary.

Sharknado 4 tonight tho!!! :lol:

any Deadwood fans?  I love westerns but I could never get into it.  I found it a little too dark and a lot of the language just seemed too modern for the time.  I'm trying to give it another go right now

Last edited:
Deadwood is definitely a downer at times and has you wanting for good stuff to happen. The way it ended had me mad.

I just finished it a month ago. I liked it and enjoyed but I can recognize its a show about manipulating ppl a situation at a time through a lot of dialogue, exposition and introspective reflection.

Its extremely wordy before it's a western :lol: The more I think about it it's wordy like a QT flick but with half as much action (and obviously not as gory and bombastic).

I got past the cursing but I can see ppl not loving the amount of talk and at times such proper language used. It was interesting to me.

Olyphant and McShane shined the most but the whole thing was extremely well written.

I just wish Milch would finish things with the movie or do something new that would get aired (Luck not getting the green light).

Last edited:
HBO said the script's being written but not given a greenlight yet yesterday for deadwood. Milch needs the money so he's got all the incentive in the world to hurry up.  

Sleeping With Other People: I heard somebody give a bad review so I avoided this movie. Actually watched the first 10 or so minutes a few weeks ago and wasnt interested, but I'm finishing it now.

Man this movie is pretty good

The Infiltrator was great. There's parts I just can't believe really happened.

Cranston and Leguizamo definitely brought it. Cranston especially had to play the detective and then the undercover perso amity and the way it affected his fam brought a nice rollercoaster of emotions.

The whole time as they got higher and higher to the top I was expecting all them cops to be killed. In the end when they reveal who they are during the just :smh: These ppl are lucky to still be alive.

Really enjoyed this movie [emoji]127909[/emoji] 6.8/8

I think it was in here I read someone didn't like Sleeping With other People

Film was dope as hell though. Highly Recommend it to those who dig that genre. @lawdog1

I will for sure go see this Suicide Squad. 

5. Little Men  (Ira Sachs; August 5th)

Little-Men-e1469996854138-620x349.png

Synopsis: A new pair of best friends have their bond tested by their parents’ battle over a dress shop lease.

Trailer

Why You Should See It:  After delivering one of the finest dramas of its respective year with Love is Strange, writer-director Ira Sachs has returned with  Little Men. I found a great deal to admire in Sachs’ tenderly observed drama, which depicts the economic shifts of gentrification and how it can spiral down into the most innocent of friendships. One can also check out our review  from Sundance, where we were a bit more mixed.

4. Morris from America  (Chard Hartigan; August 19th)

Morris-From-America-e1454291652990-620x350.jpeg

Synopsis: The romantic and coming-of-age misadventures of a 13-year-old American living in Germany.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: As I said in my review, “Coming to Sundance with his tender character study  This is Martin Bonner a few years back, director Chad Hartigan triumphantly returns with the coming-of-age comedy Morris from America, a stylistic leap forward that still retains a keen sense of humanity. Telling the story of our title character attempting to keep his identity while making friends in the foreign land of Germany, it’s also an acutely funny testament to single parenting and the specific bond it fosters when both sides put in their all.”

3. Hell or High Water  (David Mackenzie; August 12th)

Hell-or-High-Water-e1469996315112-620x350.png

Synopsis: A divorced dad and his ex-con brother resort to a desperate scheme in order to save their family’s farm in West Texas.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: If one was a fan of Sicario, but isn’t necessarily looking forward to theforthcoming sequels, look no further than the latest film from writer Taylor Sheridan. This was one of the Cannes Film Festival’s surprises, and we said in our review, “David McKenzie’s Hell or High Water is a gritty, darkly humorous, and fiendishly violent neo-western. Or, in other words, the type of film you might expect from a non-American director working in the United States. It borrows heavily from the Coen brothers and Cormac McCarthy, but it does so very well, thanks largely to a terrific script from Taylor Sheridan, the red-hot actor-turned-screenwriter who broke onto the scene last year with Sicario.”

2.  Pete’s Dragon  (David Lowery; August 12th)

Petes-Dragon-3-e1469996258691-620x350.png

Synopsis: The adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliot, who just so happens to be a dragon.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: As I said in my review, “Unburdened by expectations — unlike some Sundance alums who have carried the weight of Hollywood’s biggest franchises — David Lowery is the ideal director to take on a new version of this fantastical adventure about a boy and his best friend. Carrying on a lyrical, timeless approach that served his break-out drama Ain’t The Bodies Saints  so well, his update of Pete’s Dragon  has an emotional sensitivity, aesthetic clarity, and all-around sense of fun that creates what feels like an unearned miracle in the current summer tentpole season.”

1.  Kate Plays Christine  (Robert Greene; August 24th)

Kate-Plays-Christine-620x349.jpg

Synopsis: Actress Kate Lyn Sheil prepares to portray the role of Christine Chubbuck, a real-life news reporter who killed herself on national television in 1974.

Trailer

Why You Should See It: The finest film we saw at Sundance this year — and one of the year’s best — will be arriving at the end of this month. We said in our review  “Actors put themselves in others’ skins — or they put others’ heads inside their own. Television journalists adopt a persona and try to deliver important information. Women erect calculated fronts to navigate environments not built for them. Many people suffering mental illness do their best to maintain a semblance of “nothing’s wrong.” Film directors orchestrate elaborate works of emotional manipulation. Documentary film directors do so with factual material. Such performances often overlap in the course of life and work; all of them intersect in Kate Plays Christine.”

Back
Top Bottom