Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching San Andreas cause shh else ain't on.. Tried watching other stuff inclusive of VMAs, but that shhh didn't last long

LOL. Glad I'm not the only one. Tried the VMAs and was mostly bewildered the whole time. Figured it was just because I'm old.
I don't know any of the artists anymore and they all look the same with the long weaved in dreads.

Tonight, I found out Future and The Weekend are not the same person. :rofl: I thought those dudes were one dude, the same dude. Clones, all clones

^ you're right.. All look like they weigh 130-140 at the most.. Got dreads, usually colored.. And can't understand shhh they saying

I had to ask my girl's cousin why all of a sudden I was hearing that ghost town DJs song on the radio so much out of no where again

Present Kanye makes me regret how much of a fan I was of his during his first 3 albums..

Especially going in to college dropout, where there were multiple versions before the album even dropped... And I had copies of all of em.. The real 'it all falls down' with Lauryn is one of my favorite songs ever

I figure I must be old

I dread the day i have kids :smh:

Not gonna sugarcoat it man - having kids is hard and, IMO, getting harder. I've had to talk about subjects with my son this year that I never dreamed I'd have to address until he was much older (he's 10.5). But a lot of messed up **** has happened in 2016 and he's smart enough that I can't just pretend it didn't happen. That said, having a kid is rewarding in a way I can't really explain and I now feel especially motivated to be there for him and help him navigate for this insane world we're all living in now.

I joke all the time about how grateful I am that things were low tech as hell when I was in high school.. Especially here in the Bahamas where I was getting accused of shhhh every week by dudes.. Or girls hearing things

Literally was in fights every other weekend or so just off the strength of some BS some dude heard about me messin with their girl

Now anyone with a phone could have video or pictures of shh.. Then you could just send screenshots of shh

But I'm really petrified to have a girl.. I know the shhhh I was doing when I was 12, 13, 14.. And the stuff I had girls doing.. And again, you have a phone and that's videos and pictures

:smh:

Son of Sam is lowkey underrated and has aged pretty well.

Probably should watch again..

But a couple movies have aged really well that I've watched again somewhat recently: zodiac and collateral.. Wasn't a big fan of either when they first came out and now I'm a big fan of both

Miami vice has also aged pretty good, movie still has issues (which you have to just chalk up to the stuff going on behind the scenes (Like the ending having to made up on the spot because foxx refused to fly anywhere else and the stuff with gang bangers).. But still it's a decent watch for moments

Last edited:
damn.. RIP

blazing saddles is one of my all time favorite comedies.. and the woman in red was one of my favorite movies as a kid, obviously not for gene wilder but still

then you got willy wonka, obviously

Last edited:
The Negotiator is the ultimate version of that film I've seen all the way through 6 to 8 times but I've seen bits and pieces of it probably over a 100 times. **** used to be on tv all the time

need to watch this again ... i saw f gary gray & glen plummer (aka OG bobby johnson) at the theatre the night it came out .... good dudes shot the **** for a sec about the negotiator/friday/south central ... they had just seen saving private ryan ... weird night

watched SPR last week for the first time in a min. still a great great flick ..wish ed burns was in more stuff ... that last 45 mins-hr :pimp: :pimp:

is there a bigger BAN in the history of cinema?

RIP to the legend and genius Gene Wilder

His passing away sparked a lil debate between my friends and I, who are the top 5 comedic actors of all time? Only 3 we all agreed on was Wilder, Murray, and Murphy in no particular order. Not sure who else I'd put up there.

^^^ Tough one. Definitely agree with the 3 you named. Robin Williams is another name that comes to mind. But I don't think he has as many all-time classic comedies as those other guys. After that I think you have to start looking at some newer generation guys like Farrell, Vaughn and Stiller

what happened with him?

basically stopped getting decent solid work since the 80s.. I guess he gave it a shot on a sitcom in the 90s, but that didn't last long.. then it was a handful of tv movies then two appearances on will and grace (his only credit after 2000.. then there is a voice credit for what I assume is a child's show):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000698/?ref_=nv_sr_6

found this:

http://www.looper.com/18077/whatever-happened-gene-wilder/
http://www.livescience.com/55925-gene-wilder-alzheimers-death.html

^ You'd have to include the master Charlie Chaplin too... I know a lot of youngins ain't seen a lot of his work but it's genius work.

Quite frankly, I think that would be too hard to determine.

Last edited:
RIP to the legend and genius Gene Wilder

His passing away sparked a lil debate between my friends and I, who are the top 5 comedic actors of all time? Only 3 we all agreed on was Wilder, Murray, and Murphy in no particular order. Not sure who else I'd put up there.

It's tough to really argue that list for sure. I think Sandler could be mentioned just because of the strength of his earlier films, his iconic run on Saturday night live, as well as his early succes as a stand up comedian. I don't mess with any of his newer stuff but he's had a hell of a comedic career

Gene Wilder dying is just a bummer. It's not a tragic or shocking loss because he was 83, but it's still weird to think about him not being around.

R.I.P. to a legend.

Saw Don't Breathe last night. Loved it. Definitely one of the better thrillers/horror movies I've seen in awhile. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I really enjoyed it. There were a few weak moments, but still great.

I didn't even know he was still living. RIP to him. I started Young Frankenstein years back and loved it but didn't get to finish it. I need to finally watch it through.

Harold Ramis was good in front of and behind the camera.. Can't forget about Chevy Chase

Jim Carey had a good run.. So did will ferrell

Gotta think about it some more.. Mel brooks

Steve Martin and Robin Williams weren't really my cups of tea, but gotta acknowledge both

Jerry Lewis, **** van ****, Chaplin.. Pryor is kinda like Chris Rock when it comes to movies

Last edited:
Your top 6 Sports films

In no order

Rocky
Creed
Cinderella Man
Field of Dreams
The Sandlot
Space Jam

I got 3 boxing films and i've never been a fan of that sport.

Back
Top Bottom