Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Family Man will never get old to me.

Probably watch that movie once a yr or every two years.

Watching it now.

The older I get, the more I appreciate it.
Nic Cage's most overlooked movie

The film ends on a cliffhanger -- you guys think he got what he wanted at the end (family life with Tea Leoni)?

Anyone else see War Dogs? Movie was alright, kinda dumb and you can easily see the sensationalized details. Was enjoyable though, maybe worth a boring weeknight watch when it hits HBO or Showtime or whatever. Could have been so much better if it wasn't Todd Phillips directing. 4.5/8

Ana de Armas though :wow: :evil:

It's #1 on my watch list, as of Friday night. Might just Google the most necessary scenes :nerd:

Banshee was lit all the time. One of my favorite shows. If you like it, check out Strike Back if you haven't already. It was an awesome show. Season 1 is very different from the rest of the seasons though.

I have noticed it as well but mostly in the more prominent scenes such as Cap America on a patriotic binge. even the DC universe has great theme music going for them. The BvS has a great WW theme and JL coming through in those brief scenes.

I have noticed it as well but mostly in the more prominent scenes such as Cap America on a patriotic binge. even the DC universe has great theme music going for them. The BvS has a great WW theme and JL coming through in those brief scenes.
I feel like the last good score for a DC movie was Hans on Nolan's Batman.

I remember WW for BvS but not in a good way :lol: Don't recall much else.

Usually the score has to be really great in these kinds of movies. To me this is where they count more as action movies and not something like Star Wars. Who really remembers the score for Lethal Weapon or Die Hard? It doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
^ in the video at 1:32 mark it pauses and says "Why is this?" I insta-thought "Needs more John Williams!" Really depends on the whole team going working in the back for the music. often composers work with studios for a longtime but not composers working with directors for a long time. you want epic movie experiencing music that transcends generations it comes from the years work of Williams w/Lucas or a Hans Zimmer w/Nolan type of thing. Easily I can hum Jurassic Park and know its from like 4th or 5th time John Williams and Spielberg did something big. You get Marvel, or the DC Universe often have news and rumours of who's going to direct the next movie and if they're on board. Often they're scrambling to find anyone.

You know Nolan thought long and hard before jumping into a superhero movie and he did great with the Batman trilogy and I can't wait for Dunkirk to hear the music in that.

Williams is god-tier and the biggest/easiest example I can think of.

Tickets for The New York Film Festival went on sale this weekend.

I'm a little disappointed in the line up this year. I was hoping NYFF would get LaLaLand, Birth of a Nation & Nocturnal Animals.

But I was able to get tickets for "Manchester by the Sea" & James Gray's "The Lost City of Z", the two films I wanted to see the most from their line-up.

Back
Top Bottom