Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Donnie Darko was amazing in Nightcrawler :pimp:

Screening Lars & The Real Girl in my cinema class & I'm getting a strong Rupert Pupkin influence from Ryan Gosling's performance.

Now that I think about it, dude is a actually a great actor. I've never given him the credit he deserves...

Shame on me :smh:

Last edited:
I've heard you can skip season one and jump into season two because they changed the direction of the show.

man....i might just stick it out for the music alone. the old new wave and punk rock is great. i'm on ep 3 now and it's only 10 eps.

I don't have the attention span to watch a movie too many times.

Maybe the most I've ever watched a movie was high school nusical

I must've seen it 15 times that yr :lol:
watching the movie now for the first time , it came out my junior year if high school but i never got around to it

Last edited:
I have been re-watching Boardwalk Empire and I'm wondering what's the deal with Michael Pitt, why isn't he in more stuff?  I'm guessing he's cursed because of how similar he is to Leonardo DiCaprio is so many ways.  Rob the Mob was good, but there hasn't been much of note since then

Last edited:

I have been re-watching Boardwalk Empire and I'm wondering what's the deal with Michael Pitt, why isn't he in more stuff?  I'm guessing he's cursed because of how similar he is to Leonardo DiCaprio is so many ways.  Rob the Mob was good, but there hasn't been much of note since then
for what its worth i remember reading that hes a huge *******. maybe he got blackballed for being too difficult to work with.

Saw Sully.

Not bad, not amazing, Hanks did a good job.

Good to know Skylar is a ***** in what ever role she plays :lol:

Had no idea they tried to rail road dude.

Flight > Sully tho.

Yeah she got the shaft in Deadwood and didn't even react like Skylar would.

I'm waiting for her movie where she plays a ruthless 1%er businesswoman.

Equity looks kinda good. Been watching a lot of Bloomberg tv this past summer and they were interviewing the maker of the movie.

Anybody ever watch that show super girl? I saw that the first season is on Netflix. Just looking at the preview, it seems like a FLash/arrow CW type show

watched the first 2 eps whenever it came on. dropped that show like a hot potato. for comparison, i made it through season 1 of the flash and maybe about 4 eps of legends of tomorrow.

Anybody ever watch that show super girl? I saw that the first season is on Netflix. Just looking at the preview, it seems like a FLash/arrow CW type show
Imo it was worse.

CBS aint know what they were doing with the writing being a superhero show in this superhero entertainment era. They went too hard on the girl power **** while also trying to explain away why her having the name Supergirl not Superwoman is okay too :lol:

S2 is on the CW, I expect the writing to be better. I'll catch the first 2 or 3 eps and see. Its on my mind it can be as good as the Flash, aimless as LegendsOT or as terrible as Arrow.

Last edited:
Old people watch cbs. Besides the bigger budget and marketing, that show wasn't going to flourish on that network. Makes way more sense to have all their shows on cw.

Old people watch cbs. Besides the bigger budget and marketing, that show wasn't going to flourish on that network. Makes way more sense to have all their shows on cw.

Like CW is their network, why have the shows anywhere else? Black Lightning on Fox, Constantine on NBC, etc? why?

Back
Top Bottom