Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Atlanta..

They really making another madea movie :smh:

And whatever this garbage is with Kevin hart and Halle berry

Looks real good. 2 greats in that. I already see the nominations.

I won't lie though, I thought that was gonna end with a "I don't have to like you, I love you." but I see they're going with that 50s and 60s sort of dad.

Last edited:
Silence for my most anticipated of the year

Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ To Open Dec. 23

silence.jpg

:pimp:

Saw a free screening of Deepwater Horizon tonight.

It ended up being a little better than I expected. Berg kept the melodrama down and his hand held style worked well with this type of disaster flick. 5/8

please let him get IM4, if there ever is one.. and do the mandarin properly and 10 rings and all that (especially after dr strange)

without the over studio interference like with IM2

Hollywood is the worst.

Love Jon, but we absolutely do not need a live action Lion King.

************* can't stop rehashing, they already got it right the first time.

Speaking of a live action LK, finally saw JB

:wow: really surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

Mind blowing that the acted so well with no human interaction at all.

Hollywood is the worst.

Not to mention there already also was a long-running, live-action stage version of the Lion King. Really no need for a new movie.

Yall do no you don't have to watch it?

Its not like it diminishes the OG.

I'm not going to watch it and that's not the point.

The point is that there is far too many rehashes/money grabs for movies that we've already had and the more successful each one is, the more of them they will make.

There are so many more unexplored scripts/source material that could use even half of the 200 million dollar budget they are going to give this nostalgia bait of a movie.

It's the antithesis of moving forward and discouraging to the young filmmakers/screenwriters out there with original ideas.

But that's what happens when studios are run by investors and not creators.

Right? As long as it's done right, I'm cool with it. Movies have been getting remade an stories have been getting retold since the beginning of time.

The OG Lion King is one of my favorite movies ever and my body is ready for this one. The jungle book remake gave me hope this can be done right

This can do potentially star war numbers :wow:

That's true and I probably will end up seeing it. My issue isn't with that particular project really, just the overall lack of effort in Hollywood to come up with new concepts/ideas. But if something is good, its good, whether a remake, "reimagining" or whatever. Just happens that a lot of remakes have sucked.

Disney's been doing pretty well with the live-action remakes though. Have to give them that. (Edit - and its a good thing because there's lots more Disney remakes on the way -- http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...ie-remakes-disney-has-in-the-works-right-now/ )

Last edited:

:wow:

A black cast not about slavery or single mothers struggle?

Or not about a sport or set in prison or in a church or not about drug dealing/low level street crime......

There's been a few. Not enough.

Hollywood is the worst.

Not to mention there already also was a long-running, live-action stage version of the Lion King. Really no need for a new movie.
Movies aren't made or remade cuz they need to be :lol:

I'm not going to watch it and that's not the point.

The point is that there is far too many rehashes/money grabs for movies that we've already had and the more successful each one is, the more of them they will make.

There are so many more unexplored scripts/source material that could use even half of the 200 million dollar budget they are going to give this nostalgia bait of a movie.

It's the antithesis of moving forward and discouraging to the young filmmakers/screenwriters out there with original ideas.

But that's what happens when studios are run by investors and not creators.
Movie studio execs have ALWAYS passed up unexplored scripts and source material. They make the movies they want to make, the movies they've been told will make a lot of money, or writers/producers convince them to make certain movies and that just goes back to movies they choose to make.

The remake has existed in the movie I dustry 10 years after it started (probably earlier). The idea that if Hollywood stopped making remakes there'd be this room for more original movies and the like to be made is a falsehood. All they would do then is just make more spin offs and prequels for already established successful franchises.

Original scripts, adaptations of untapped source material have to be fought for in this business. Thinking this other category of movies is preventing your movie from being made is just a defeatist outlook.

Cuz even if that were even partially true the movie would get a **** budget and/or get all types of studio interference.

Last edited:
I mean what you call the OG Lion King is a remake anyway so just let them keep doing it. If people stop going to see remakes, they'd stop but nope you whine complain then see it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom