Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched the OG Poltergeist last night. Just curious - though I know I'm probably the oldest dude on here, wondering if anyone else actually remembers the days when TVs only had 13 channels and went to snow after midnight, like depicted in that movie. C CP1708 ? darthska darthska ?

ummmm that was the Bahamas for a good while.. 1 channel with a bunch of crappy programming

then we had a massive satellite that was a game changer.. but that went down during hurricane Andrew.. so I'd say that was the Bahamas til like 1990ish or so

Last edited:
Watched the OG Poltergeist last night. Just curious - though I know I'm probably the oldest dude on here, wondering if anyone else actually remembers the days when TVs only had 13 channels and went to snow after midnight, like depicted in that movie. C CP1708 ? darthska darthska ?

I remember when it did when I was a kid.

The anthem then snow :smh:

Thats why Silver Bullet ****** me up as a kid.

^^^ Worst thing was when you fell asleep to something normal and woke up to the snow. **** was freaky to me even before I saw Poltergeist or anything like it.

Got me reminiscing about my grandma having a tv on top of a broken tv.

The knob play :smh:

Playing with the hue making everyone green.

I'm hesitant because Denzel is in it and it seems like Hateful Eight Lite.
laugh.gif
Did you see The Hateful 8?

Have you seen the OG Magnificent 7 or the 7 Samurai?
laugh.gif

Trust, the M7 isn't going to be great dialog and then everybody dying lite. Straight up action western flick.
Never knew there was an original M7, but should have figured as much since nearly everything Hollywood churns out is regurgitated. 
laugh.gif

And I didn't mean the lite comment as a knock on Hateful 8. I love Hateful 8. I've got it, seen it 3 times, will watch many more times.

I just meant that M7 seemed like a collection of different types of shady people coming together for a good, ol' fashioned western shootout that takes place in the final 3rd of a movie that built up the shootout the entire time. Not that that's bad, but rather that I've just seen that done.

I don't remember that honestly.

I remember few channels, but not the midnight snow.

My 5 comedies:
Wedding Crashers
Liar Liar
Me Myself and Irene
Happy Gilmore
Something About Mary

Oh my GAAAWD, Me, Myself and Irene had me CRYING.

Irene, Liar, Ace, Mask, Almighty... Jim Carrey was something FIERCE at one point in time. 
laugh.gif

@Suberzat1

A lot of "true horror" classics were omitted in favor of more Halloweeny type flicks. Most of the really scary stuff was voted against, but here is the Facebook group list for the 31 days. Only Friday the 13th on the 13th and Hocus Pocus on the 31st were date specific.

Ernest Scared stupid
Sleepy Hollow
Idle Hands
Paranorman
Lost Boys
BeetleJuice
Corpse Bride
Pumpkinhead
What We Do in the Shadows
Cabin in the Woods
Halloween
Casper
Friday the 13th
Charlie Brown Halloween
Leprechaun
Pet cemetery
Silence of the Lambs
Evil Dead 2
The Craft
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Adams Family
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Saw
Childs Play
Interview With a Vampire
Halloween Town
Spaced Invaders
The Witches
Nightmare Before Christmas
And Hocus Pocus

[\spoiler]

I'm hesitant because Denzel is in it and it seems like Hateful Eight Lite.
:lol: Did you see The Hateful 8?

Have you seen the OG Magnificent 7 or the 7 Samurai? :lol:

Trust, the M7 isn't going to be great dialog and then everybody dying lite. Straight up action western flick.
Never knew there was an original M7, but should have figured as much since nearly everything Hollywood churns out is regurgitated. :lol:

And I didn't mean the lite comment as a knock on Hateful 8. I love Hateful 8. I've got it, seen it 3 times, will watch many more times.

I just meant that M7 seemed like a collection of different types of shady people coming together for a good, ol' fashioned western shootout that takes place in the final 3rd of a movie that built up the shootout the entire time. Not that that's bad, but rather that I've just seen that done.
I didn't think you were implying TH8 was bad for having that format.

I took "lite" as not as good version as TH8. TM7 only got the western genre in common really. They'll be shootouts from the middle of the 2nd act on after the gather the team part.

Last edited:
@Suberzat1

A lot of "true horror" classics were omitted in favor of more Halloweeny type flicks. Most of the really scary stuff was voted against, but here is the Facebook group list for the 31 days. Only Friday the 13th on the 13th and Hocus Pocus on the 31st were date specific.

Ernest Scared stupid
Sleepy Hollow
Idle Hands
Paranorman
Lost Boys
BeetleJuice
Corpse Bride
Pumpkinhead
What We Do in the Shadows
Cabin in the Woods
Halloween
Casper
Friday the 13th
Charlie Brown Halloween
Leprechaun
Pet cemetery
Silence of the Lambs
Evil Dead 2
The Craft
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Adams Family
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Saw
Childs Play
Interview With a Vampire
Halloween Town
Spaced Invaders
The Witches
Nightmare Before Christmas
And Hocus Pocus

[\spoiler]
:lol: @ Hocus Pocus

Right on.

Do you have any reservations on Denzel flicks?
In his prime, no.

Sorta like the rest of the great/iconic actors (Hanks, DeNiro, Pacino, etc.) he's kinda coasting. You know what you pretty much gonna get with a Denzel flick. He's not affilated with bad movies so it's just about if you gonna be in to him doing his thing and then enjoying the rest of the movie. Sometimes he'll surprise you.

Like, I really dug Flight. That was a well written movie. Just a good story that engaged me.

But then there's stuff like the Book of Eli that isn't all that good but okay. I mean it had Denzel and Oldman in it.

Also, The Equalizer which was good for the type of old man Liam Neeson flick it was.

I was more apprehensive about the Magnificent 7 cuz it was a Fuqua flick more than Denzel being the lead.

All in all, it looks like it'll be a fun action movie that will have good writing at best. I don't expect to be raving like it rivals the OG or what it's adapted from but a Hollywood remake that did not bomb.

Last edited:

Need this movie to come out so bad. It's between this and Silence for my most anticipated of the year

MAN, listen!

It's between this film and Passengers for my most anticipated film of 2016.

I'm still salty LA LA Land isn't part of the New York Film Festival.

This two month wait is killing me. Contemplated flying to Chicago in a couple weeks to see it during their annual festival

Yes, it's that serious. Film = My Drug

So glad its finallly coming out this year. I think there was a real fear they might hold it off till next awards season :lol: :x

MAN, listen!

It's between this film and Passengers for my most anticipated film of 2016.

I'm still salty LA LA Land isn't part of the New York Film Festival.

This two month wait is killing me. Contemplated flying to Chicago in a couple weeks to see it during their annual festival

Yes, it's that serious. Film = My Drug

You real af man

I haven't heard of the cinematographer from this film but they really snapped with this one

Last edited:
Oh my GAAAWD, Me, Myself and Irene had me CRYING.

I've seen Me, Myself and Irene many times at this point and not all of it is as funny to me as it used to be. But this makes me laugh out loud every time.

(spoiler because there is some coarse language involved) Every time. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom