Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can agree that some things from batman begins were done slightly better than TDK but as a whole, TDK is a better film. BB does a better job of dealing with the theme of the story "why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up" TDK sort of abandons the story telling and laces us with incredible action, the acting performance of a lifetime, and a masterful plot.

Also Katie Holmes > Maggie G.

So in conclusion, I can see why people might prefer BB over TDK, but TDK is in fact the better film
Easily the strongest premise BB supporters use to stand on.

TDK >

EDIT: Also, I'd say it can be argued that they didn't really abandon the storytelling aspect of the film in TDK but actually played into the theme of the film with all the chaos.

Anarchy is what they were going for.

Last edited:
Caught Kong Skull Island today.. it was pretty solid. It would have been better in theaters because the effects, sound, and action scenes were really well done. The movie didn't drag, had action throughout, and while it didn't reinvent the wheel, it was an entertaining watch and I'm looking forward to more from the Monsterverse.

Still need to get to see Wonder Woman. I don't want to get too far behind on my summer movies, I'll be sure to get to it next week before Spiderman comes out. I'm relieved to see such strong reviews for it.. while I didn't think the Amazing Spidermans were all that bad, I'm excited to have an MCU connected Spiderman that delivers as a standalone movie.

Also Baby Driver is a must watch. 

I liked The Dark Knight, but Batman Begins is better..

Word

BB>TDK for sure

Your opinions are consistently bad.

Never forget:

Without question I have The Dark Knight as #1, but I think Batman Begins is outstanding. It completely re-shaped and revamped the way Batman should be portrayed onscreen.

Last night I saw a few minutes of Batman Forever (the Kilmer one) and that lineup is tremendous in terms of star power and how it SHOULD have been, and instead it was a neon colored, comedic orgy. It was ridiculous. I suppose it tried to mirror the old 60's TV show or something and have it be a little campy and what not, but it just came off as God awful. Jim Carrey stuck a triangle on his head and stood their while green (???? fog?) floated towards his brain. WTF?

Nolan erased all that with Begins. And I am not joking, I was DONE with Batman after the Clooney one, I didn't even bother, I didn't even read one word about Begins. It came and went, I didn't give a damn. Then Prime came and got me and told me flat out, we're going to see this, you have to see it, trust me. And I went, and was blown away. Bale was great, the imagery was great, Liam Neeson who was wasted as **** in The Phantom Menace, was more Jedi in this role than he was in Star Wars :lol: was tremendous in teaching Bruce the ways of the force, oops, sorry, wrong franchise, in teaching Bruce the League of Shadows. The way they introduced becoming more, a symbol, and showing the bigger world that was out there for Batman and Gotham. The Joker card at the end was absolutely brilliant, the revamping of the Batmobile, Nolan made it "look" like this could happen in real life. His schemes were crazy of course, but realistic in that a villain could introduce a toxin to a city water supply and affect all of it's citizens with hallucinations. It played SO much better than the crap Burton and Shumacher pulled.

Rachel Dawes was a bit of a weak spot, I can't imagine if they could have truly nailed her role, it would have been a real nice boost. I almost wish they used Hathaway for that role early and tried with a better actress as opposed to a cuter Dawson's Creek chick that can't act for ****.

I haven't had time yet, but at some point in my life, I'm usin a rainy day to sit and watch the whole trilogy start to finish on Blu Ray and literally do nothin else that day. The Dark Knight trilogy and the Captain America trilogy are the two best so far and to me, both kinda rep their studios perfectly, TDK is grim and dark and shadows, and CA is the bright and bold and more colorful "Comic book" vibe. Opposite ends of the spectrum but equally great.

Okja was unlike any film I've ever seen. Very unpredictable. It was good, but I don't think I could watch it again. It's like a dark comedy.

Ummmmmmm I guess 6.3/8
i really enjoyed it but i'm a tree-hugging prius driver (but i'm def not vegan). my biggest gripe was with jake gyllenhaal doing jim carey. they shoulda just casted jim carey. second biggest gripe is one i had with snowpiercer: stop using tilda swinton's uglyass mug for so many close in face shots :x movie was preachy but really well done. 6.5/8

Been waiting for these 2 dudes to meet face to face :lol:

Teresa in trouble on several levels going forward.

Last edited:
They look related. Surprised Teresita hasn't made out with james yet. The face of the governor's daughter was funny when she was hearing that song. She was on her high horse moments earlier telling her mom how her dad is a good guy now.

Baby Driver legit had the best intro to a movie I've ever seen.

When he's walking around to Harlem Shuffle and the graffiti / stuff on the walls in the backgroun end up being lyrics in the song 8)

And the way they edited a lot of the scenes around the music playing was amazing. Any other movies that do this?

Yessir super good. One of the under the radar horror movies of last year.
thanks man. watched okja today and i guess i'll watch the wailing tomorrow. might as well have some meat jun and mandoo for lunch while i'm at it :lol:

still have to finish up the leftovers and i started the handmaidS TALE got some of the other recommended shows downloaded and ready to watch too.

Last edited:
For those asking about my Teen Wolf theory (1985 movie not MTV show), it starts at 22 min mark #NBALockdownInsiders
https://t.co/z3am1AM4mJ

Amin el hasin said the movie teen wolf is a story about white people's fascination with black people

Live by Night - 3.9/8

Meh - probably the best way to describe it. Good action here and there, but overall this movie was lacking....something. Not one of Ben Affleck's better efforts, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom