Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

donotreuse-avengers-bruce-lee-shirt-robert-downey-jr-2015-billboard-650.jpg

Late pass, finally saw GoTG2.

Didn't see it originally because I was kind of burned out on super hero movies since DC was on their little run and also heard mixed reviews.

Went in with low expectations because I kept hearing it wasn't that good.

I LOVED IT!

Damn good movie IMO.

I think it's just as good as the 1st.

8.5/10

Not sure where else I should put this, but Norm Macdonald has had some great guests on his show this season

Jerry Seinfeld
David Letterman
Mike Tyson
Sarah Silverman
Dana Carvey
Bobby Lee
My man Norm was a fan and saw him here and their but Dirty Work is CLASSIC.

Sleight 4.2/8

Pretty disappointing. Followed the Baby Driver formula, but was MUCH less effective. Would not recommend.

I noticed Ana de Armas is gonna be in a bunch of hyped films lately.

I'm not mad because she's fine af, but how's she getting these roles? Her past work was ehh.

but how's she getting these roles?

she's fine af

Re-order your sentences and you answer your own question.

I, personally, am happy to keep watching whatever movies she's in. I even watched some dreadful movie she's in with Keanu that wasn't Knock Knock. It was weird, but whenever she was on screen, I was edge of my seat. :lol:

What in the hell? :angry:

This kinda crap is why people hated syfy years back. They would cancel good sci-fi shows for no reason and piss off fans.

If those mofos cancel The Expanse then they deserve to be cancelled as a network.

Same exact thing I thought.

Those 2 shows brought me back to SyFy when they were revamping their brand and the quality of the network.

I don't know what the higher ups are thinking. Its not like SyFy is some top network that demands high ratings of all of its shows.

Plus its not like theybgit a ton of promising shows down the line.

They should at least give us a mini-series or 2 part movie to finish the story. Ending a series on a cliffhanger is messed up.

The Expanse seems expensive as hell to make with the cgi and well known actors that pop up. Wouldn't be surprised if it's terminated after next season.

:smh: I just found out about Dark Matter. Breezed thru the first 2 seasons on Netfix and I'm halfway thru the 3rd

Don't care what anybody says The Hateful 8 is a classic.

That convo with Mannix, Hangman, and the Major in the carriage with Daisy :rofl:

Horns 5.7/8

It was a pretty good movie. The blend of genres worked and it was a right amount of each; mystery, drama, supernatural fantasy, love story, action and horror gore.

still have yet to see hateful 8 :smh: need to bump it up on the 'to watch list'.

I was just explaining to a friend that the dialogue is what makes Pulp Fiction / Tarantino movies are so good.

Watching his movies on subtitles actually adds to the experience because it keeps your focus and you catch everything.

Although I can do without Sam Jackson being called a N *hard R* in every movie, minus Jackie Brown

I just watched Baywatch, it wasn't as bad as the reviews made it seem. I found it to be as enjoyable as 21 Jump Street

The first hour of Baywatch was fine, but then I looked at saw there was another hour left and couldn't help but fast forward.

Ingrid Goes West 5.9/8

This is like what if that character Aubrey played in Parks was full on stalkerish and obsessive. Movie had a Black Mirror edge to it.

The movie tackles the whole social media movement and millenials and how it can totally consume a person's life or its just look at what a modern day (millenial) stalker is like. Story wise, a weird stalker chick leaves her hometown and bad reputation to reinvent herself out west while still being a stalker.

But above all once I got the movie I was expecting the majority of the time to end up being a woman version of the Talented Mr. Ripley :lol: This chick Ingrid is scary creepy.

I didn't like the ending cuz they could've took that further and not just end on you got mad followers and sre internet famous now.

Olsen was good, Aubreybwas great, O'Shea was really good. Boy does he remind me of Cube (in the best way). May turn out a better actor.

Got some good laughs out of this.

That Catwoman scene :rofl:

Baywatch was an easy watch. That kind of movie where you can do something and watch it at the same time. It was ok. Pick to watch this movie when you're really bored. It has some funny moments, some good eye candy and some characters are pretty likeable.

Death Note was a better movie but I hated how it ended. And the lead character wasn't that likeable. The dude who played L was really cool man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom