Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Awww DAMN he died, I never had a grandfather on either side of my family. However I always wished I had one like him, dude was cool as ice on the show.

a qt superhero movie would be insane :lol:

i’ll watch that fincher vid in a bit but that reminds me how much i loved the fight club soundtrack. in fact, every fincher movie has great music that enhances the scenes. see: orinoco flow in girl with the dragon tattoo. so good.

see: orinoco flow in girl with the dragon tattoo. so good.
Another Perfect Film.
I just spent about ten minutes thinking on my Film History, about which other Films I'd rate up there as perfect.

The Arrival: this was the First to recieve a perfect score from me.
It's still justified in my eyes and was as good two months ago as it was two years ago when I first watched.

Already knowing that I was giving Girl-Dragon-Tattoo a perfect score as well, it took me nearly to the 10minute mark to find a 3rd Film that I would rate as perfect. What that tells me is I grew thin on time with the idea and would have other films to add.

As of now though it seems that I'm a huge Fincher fan because the 3rd Film I'd consider perfect is The Social Network. This Film here was on a level too. I felt like it was 30 minutes long and ten hours long and it checks all boxes. On top of that(and one thing o can't do with Arrival) I never turn the Channel once I've seen it's on.

I shall give this more thought. There will without a doubt be a Film from my childhood that will rank atop this list.

Ramble much yes, aplologies are in order.

fincher’s girl with the dragon tattoo is one of the very few american remakes that i actually liked more than the original but they were both great. i love those moody euro films though. the original let the right one in was far superior to the american remake (not fincher-related). slow movie but really well done.

social network was really enhanced by the trent reznor soundtrack. both artists’ work really complements each other well.

i need to rewatch arrival. that was a fantastic movie.

Films you are looking forward to in 2018 are?

Mine (in no order)

Black Panther
God Particle
Avengers IW
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Annihilation
Tomb Raider
Aquaman
Wreck it Ralph 2
Venom
X Men Dark Phoenix
Three Christs
Nutcracker and the 4 Realms
Red Sparrow
Alita Battle Angel
Christopher Robin

Last edited:
atomic blone - fight scenes were brutal. did charlize do much of her own stunts? pretty crazy. movie was ok. 5/8
wind river - not bad. felt like i needed to wear a jacket while watching the movie. acting was pretty good. 6.4/8
american made - fun movie. tom cruise can charisma his way though pretty much any role i think. 6.1/8
blade of the immortal - kind of a letdown. should have been more brutal and more supernatural/8

Caught Collider Movie Talk today and this question came up...

' What classic film have you watched recently and thought it didn't hold up as well as it did previously? '

I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan but most his movies like Bullit & Thomas Crown Affair haven't held up very well. Especially Magnificent Seven. Still love watching them from time to time though... They don't make 'em like this dude anymore. Him & Paul Newman = American bada**ery at it's finest.

78825178.jpg

Last edited:
Bored watching Netflix tonight

Trying out a show called The Returned

Lol I was always skipping this show but decided to give it a try tonight.

Didn't know this show was in French

I'll try watching it anyway

Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri 6.5/8

Yeah, Frances McDormand is winning Best Actress for this ****. Whole movie was a showcase for her and she was a force of nature throughout. Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell showed out too.

From the writer/director of In Bruges (which i still need to peep )

Bored watching Netflix tonight

Trying out a show called The Returned

Lol I was always skipping this show but decided to give it a try tonight.

Didn't know this show was in French

I'll try watching it anyway

I liked that show a lot. Wish there was another season.

There is an american remake in netflix if you don’t wanna read subs.

Yeah, Frances McDormand is winning Best Actress for this ****. Whole movie was a showcase for her and she was a force of nature throughout. Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell showed out too.

She is an incredible actress... I remember the wifey & I didn't go to work because we were snowed in & was channel surfing & came upon Olive Kitteridge on one of the HBO channels... Her performance as the lead was lights out...

Caught up on Good Behavior :pimp:

Damnation has been pretty good so far from the 2 eps I've watched.

Punisher is pure greatness.

Digging White Famous and Smilf

i’m on the third ep of punisher and enjoying it so far. i think i watched 2 or 3 eps of the inhumans before i quit. that crap was horrible except for lockjaw.

inhumans is pure trash. I feel bad for the hot actress who played medusa, shaved her head for that trainwreck of a show.

Last Flag Flying 7/8 - Really enjoyed this flick from Linklater. Different from his other movies but still great.

My Life as A Zucchini 5.5/8 - A little shorter than I was expecting but still quality. Watched it in French and English. Both languages add different feels to the film.

Wind River 6/8 - How did I not see this!? One I think most people would enjoy. Liz Olsen mmm mmm.

NICE! Can't wait to catch this one over the weekend.

Had zero expectations for Punisher and was blown away by how good it was. As of right now, I give this the edge over dd season one.

Back
Top Bottom