Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

rYYJRte.gif

Watching the new Hey Arnold movie on NICK

Arnold's eyes look even lower than before -- dude obviously been lighting up

MV5BMjM3OTY1OTAxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI0MTUxNDM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Great watch, caught it last night. Jim Carrey is a nut man :lol: . I need to re-vist Man on the Moon, haven't in years.

It was cool but I was more fascinated with Jims career than the story of him playing Kaufman. Like I wanted to know more about In Living Color and I wanted him to talk more about his dad, and I wanted to know more about his big 3 movies in the 90's, and I wanted him to go deeper into his spiritual rant at the end about the meaning of life and what our purpose is. The Kaufman part was just a blip to me. Method acting for 1 single performance. I wanted more of his ENTIRE catalogue of performances. It was worth the watch though

Well that doc was specifically about Jim playing Kauffman (its called Jim & Andy :lol: ) not some autobiographical Jim Carrey piece.

Kong: Skull Island was really really good. Damn near great.

7/8.

Way better than that trash Godzilla movie. Way better than the last Kong flick, w/e it was.

I enjoyed it thoroughly

From Loki slashing mini pterodactyls, to the big ol lizard beast's fight with Kong, to John C. Reilly being a bit crazy, and Sam Jack trying to kill a giant gorilla.

Brie was hot.

Frankly the only thing missing was a possible Tarzan expy/ripoff showing up and putting in work.

I don't know if it was the set to g or time period but they handled the monster island concept way better than the monsters come to a city movie.

Really nothing wrong with a movie being about nothing.

I tend to dislike that notion (that a movie has to be about something) in general.

Last edited:
Kong: Skull Island was really really good. Damn near great.

7/8.

Way better than that trash Godzilla movie. Way better than the last Kong flick, w/e it was.

might have to bump it up to the top on my 'to watch' list :emoji_thinking:

Back
Top Bottom