Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Downsizing 3/8 - Awful. Uninteresting. Matt Damon sucks. Most of the marketed cast is barely in the movie.

The Shape of Water 7.5/8 - Probably a top 5 movie of the year for me. Loved the old Hollywood call backs and the settings.

Lemon 5/8 - Decent indie flick. Michael Cera had me dying laughing with his haircut. Surprising cast as well.

I may be shooting myself in the foot responding but I'll give it a shot...

1) No idea, I guess the prophecy is a human bright/blooded orc becoming homies.
2) Sophia is Will Smiths daughter in the movie.
3) Too much magic using?
4) No one knows if they can handle a wand until they do. Wands are lit.
5) It's not great, but it's better than a lot of other movies I've seen this year.
1. That makes no sense man. Like if it was some sort of prophecy and they are vowing down to him, why further confused the audience with the blooded gesture at the end. But whatever ...

2. I'll have to rewatch that part, I thought he said forget her Sophia is gone. But at that point I just wanted the movie to be over. To over the top with BS gimmicks and open/confusing/unresolved plots. (Magic Squad - Original).

3. Perhaps, but that wasn't even touched during the movie and she already had gone ok a rampage in the building prior to Wills arrival. Another bad introduction....

4. Exactly, so you mean to tell me, with the odds 1 in a million, you are willing to risk it all? (Conveniently, will was that 1) not only that, but you need to know spells and ****. Another bad plot ...

5. I agree, but it could of have been better ... 90+ million dollar budget and we got that. Like the Drak Lord, didn't even bother to elaborate, gimmicky names, no character development , etc.

1. That makes no sense man. Like if it was some sort of prophecy and they are vowing down to him, why further confused the audience with the blooded gesture at the end. But whatever ...

2. I'll have to rewatch that part, I thought he said forget her Sophia is gone. But at that point I just wanted the movie to be over. To over the top with BS gimmicks and open/confusing/unresolved plots. (Magic Squad - Original).

3. Perhaps, but that wasn't even touched during the movie and she already had gone ok a rampage in the building prior to Wills arrival. Another bad introduction....

4. Exactly, so you mean to tell me, with the odds 1 in a million, you are willing to risk it all? (Conveniently, will was that 1) not only that, but you need to know spells and ****. Another bad plot ...

5. I agree, but it could of have been better ... 90+ million dollar budget and we got that. Like the Drak Lord, didn't even bother to elaborate, gimmicky names, no character development , etc.
It makes sense if the human bright/blooded orc are the people who stop the Dark Lord from returning.
As far as part 4 goes it made sense for the Gangster in the wheelchair but yeah a person who has a decent life doesn't care about the wand.
I 100% agree it wasn't very well thought out.

It makes sense if the human bright/blooded orc are the people who stop the Dark Lord from returning.
As far as part 4 goes it made sense for the Gangster in the wheelchair but yeah a person who has a decent life doesn't care about the wand.
I 100% agree it wasn't very well thought out.
I understand what you meant, but the fact that the prophecy wasn't specified and the fact they blooded him at the end further confused things. Not to mentioned the Orc took the Dark Lord side, so it's not clear cut, that's the prophecy that was mentioned.

I just saw Bright and have tons of questions.

However, I have to ask a few:

After watching the movie, I had questions too. These are just general world building questions that don't harm the movie at all. I just wanna know.

Yo was magic outlawed or were the MTF just looking for people doing bad things with Magic?

The Dark Lord looked like an Elf, so why are only the Orcs getting such a bad rep?

Does normal racism (like how we know today) exist?

After the Dark Lord was defeated, did human history just continue on how we know it?

9 races banded together to defeat the Orcs and the Dark Lord, what are the other races?

After watching the movie, I had questions too. These are just general world building questions that don't harm the movie at all. I just wanna know.

Yo was magic outlawed or were the MTF just looking for people doing bad things with Magic?

The Dark Lord looked like an Elf, so why are only the Orcs getting such a bad rep?

Does normal racism (like how we know today) exist?

After the Dark Lord was defeated, did human history just continue on how we know it?

9 races banded together to defeat the Orcs and the Dark Lord, what are the other races?
1. MTF, what a ****iing name Huh? LoL ... I think they were looking for bad Magic. Again, **** didn't make sense when they caught dude with the sword and that entire lane.

2. I didn't even know the Dark Lord looked like an elf, where/when was that mentioned. However, the Orc taken the bad rap because they were the only ones that sided with the "Dark Lord" (another corny name)

3. Orcs = Black / Humans = Whites / Elfs = Jews ... I don't know how much **** the Orc got for being a cop, but it seems the Centurian was cool. Like **** was just stupid.

4. Seems like human history was jumbled up with Orcs and Elfs. 5. Along with the others that weren't specified which further the point that it was a poorly executed 90+ million dollar idea.

5.2/8 seems awful generous... I give it a 3.
I walk out of 3s most likely or change the channel.

I can keep this on in the background for the Vietnamese shorty.

Granted, I may have to reevaluate how I generous with my ratings.

Last edited:
I walk out of 3s most likely or change the channel.

I can keep this on in the background for the Vietnamese shorty.

Granted, I may have to reevaluate how generous with my ratings.
Hearing her talk in interviews I knocked it from 4 to 3. They made her play up the accent angle and I don't think it was necessary at all for what the film wanted to accomplish.

Bright was everywhere. That's why I think it isn't getting bashed. Too many questions.

I loved it, but no a whole lot made sense :lol:

Went from hiding from cholos, to elves, to cholos, to orcs to elves again :lol:

2. I didn't even know the Dark Lord looked like an elf, where/when was that mentioned. However, the Orc taken the bad rap because they were the only ones that sided with the "Dark Lord" (another corny name)

I can only go on the what the graffiti shows:
waTPCat.png

Fv8hq5p.png

Moms in law spent a couple days with his over Christmas... Introduced her to Life of Pi.... she loved it. Irrfan Khan isn’t in enough movies....

Hearing her talk in interviews I knocked it from 4 to 3. They made her play up the accent angle and I don't think it was necessary at all for what the film wanted to accomplish.
Oh I knew off rip she was overdoing that accent.

The same thing with Oyelowo in that Gringo movie.

I can not recall her name in the movie (not something common to me) but she was suppose to be brash, pushy, rude, and bossy but honest and pure.

I can get thinking for a movie that angle is a bit off and maybe even offensive especially for the tone of this movie but ppl genuinely like that are out there and I dug the depiction getting so much focus.
Queen Jess cleavage game was GOAT in Molly’s Game :pimp: 6/8
Can't wait, Molly's Game and most likely Phantom Thread this Friday :nthat:

I watched Exit Wounds for the first time since I saw it in theaters way back in 2001.

It was dumb as ****. :lol:

On a related note, 2001 was almost 17 years ago. :wow:

Queen Jess cleavage game was GOAT in Molly’s Game :pimp: 6/8

She was looking scrumptious and I also give the film a 6/8. Jessica will be nominated for an Oscar but she won’t win it. It was strange they had Michael Cera play himself but not really play himself, Tobey Maguire seems like a real ****.

It was strange they had Michael Cera play himself but not really play himself, Tobey Maguire seems like a real ****.

Tobey went on to humiliate Bloom in front of the remaining players, loudly offering her a thousand-dollar chip if she did “something to earn these thousand dollars. . . . Bark like a seal who wants a fish.” Bloom writes that she tried to laugh it off, but Tobey continued: “‘I’m not kidding. What’s wrong? You’re too rich now? You won’t bark for a thousand dollars? Wowwww. . . you must be really rich. . . . C’mon,’ he said, holding the chip above my head. ‘BARK.’ ‘No,’ I said quietly. ‘No?’ he asked. ‘Tobey,’ I said, ‘I’m not going to bark like a seal. Keep your chip.’”

This ******* guy :smh:

Damn 1/11.

I was a little bothered when they didn't have anything early on Xmas eve :lol:

I just watched the whole Double Toasted review for Bright and still don't know if I should watch.

Sounds like Ayer is still in a rut and some Max Landis trash but Will and Joel make it so it has its moments.

Back
Top Bottom