Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What should I watch next/tomrrow?:

Darkest Hour
Downsizing
Jumanji
The Post
Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouring
Call Me By Your Name
Ladybird
The Shape of Water
I, Tonya

:nerd:
some really solid choices on there. no phantom thread?
gotta convince my wife to go see shape of water. maybe a date night flick.

The trailers had me thinking the sea creature from shape of water is the character from hellboy. I’m a fan of Guillermo so i’ll check it out eventually.

What should I watch next/tomrrow?:

Darkest Hour
Downsizing
Jumanji
The Post
Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri
Call Me By Your Name
Ladybird
The Shape of Water
I, Tonya

:nerd:

I’m a sucker for a good coming of age movie so I loved Ladybird and it might honestly be the best coming of age movie I’ve ever see. I, Tonya is great if you need a good laugh. Personally I’m waiting out for Christmas Day for my next trip to the theaters to see Molly’s Game.

I was leaning towards Darkest Hour to see if the praise for the boy Old Man matches up.

Then I keep hearing great things about Ladybird and Call Me By Your Name. Plus if I don't watch these praised movies I'm gonna have nothing for my Oscar predictions.

Shape of water 6/8

Call Me By Your Name 6.5/8 - Absolutely beautiful film. Chalamet has got to be one of the favorites for best actor for this. Zik, you should peep, but you also gotta be in the mood for that intense sweet stuff :lol:

Last edited:
So-Perfectly-Tim-Burton-esque.gif

I like that meme lol

As for a new age category of Christmas movies I wrote down:
Oceans Trilogy
City of God
Argo
Various lightheartened 30 for 30’s

That’s all I got so far lol. Happy holidays y’all

Has anyone seen The Post?

Everywhere I went today its sold out :lol:

I known its Hanks, Streep directed by Spielberg but is it that good?

Call Me By Your Name 6.5/8 - Absolutely beautiful film. Chalamet has got to be one of the favorites for best actor for this. Zik, you should peep, but you also gotta be in the mood for that intense sweet stuff :lol:
Just saw it.

Real good but it is just a coming of age playful romance about a young gay (or bi) Jewish boy falling in love with a slightly older gay Jewish guy :lol:

Scenery was beautiful (I love Italy), sound track/score was real good. Well acted by Hammer and Chalamet.

6.2/8

Just saw it.

Real good but it is just a coming of age playful romance about a young gay (or bi) Jewish boy falling in love with a slightly older gay Jewish guy :lol:

Scenery was beautiful (I love Italy), sound track/score was real good. Well acted by Hammer and Chalamet.

6.2/8

Stuhlburg killed it with his monologue at the end man

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

Just watched Die Hard & Trading Places. Just need to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas & A Christmas Story & my Christmas movie watch list will be completed.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

Just watched Die Hard & Trading Places. Just need to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas & A Christmas Story & my Christmas movie watch list will be completed.

Very nice. So far I've knocked out:

Home alone 1&2
Planes trains automobiles
Santa clause
Elf
Trading places
The night before

Still gotta somehow fit in Die Hard and Christmas story or my Christmas will be ruined this year :smh:

Downsizing 5.2/8

What a let down. This is NOT a comedy. Barely interesting at times. In one way while they're not alike it reminded me of Ben Stiller's Walter Mitty movie. Just has that mostly forgettable aspect to it. In comparison even though theyre different types of movies Suburbicon was way way way better than this.

The story itself is weird with the turn it takes after Damon's character got screwed over by his wife. Its a weird journey especially when he's basically the lady's servant cuz hes pathetic and lets ppl walk all over him and then we're with this doomsday cult trying to preserve humanity.

I get the obvious message and the deeper one but overall this story didn't go anywhere. Wiig's barely in it. Sudeikis is barely in it.

Waltz is funny with the character he plays.

There was some nice observational stuff with the context of being super small and humor here and there revolving around it.

But truly the best part of the movie

downsizing.jpg

She was hilarious, insightful, actually invoking feels, and sexy.

Stuhlburg killed it with his monologue at the end man
Such an understanding father. His role was small but he was very good which I expected given his performance on Boardwalk Empire and other work.

But man I couldn't relate when Elio was telling his dad he almost had sex with that one girl.

Last edited:
Xmas Movie watch list this year is weak :smh:

Home Alone 1&2
The Santa Clause
OG Grinch
And definitely A Christmas Story tomorrow

I've had a Christmas Story on (TBS) since 8PM :lol: watched Home Alone 1 & 2 earlier. Can't find Jingle All The Way anywhere on Demand tho :angry: you know if it's airing at all?

I've had a Christmas Story on (TBS) since 8PM :lol: watched Home Alone 1 & 2 earlier. Can't find Jingle All The Way anywhere on Demand tho :angry: you know if it's airing at all?

Nah hasn't been all at all the past month

Oh snap I forgot I watched that one! It's playing on Starz/Encore on demand if you have comcast. It is for me at least

Oh snap I forgot I watched that one! It's playing on Starz/Encore on demand if you have comcast. It is for me at least

I have it for FiOS but it only offers to buy/rent. It's actually coming up on Star/Encore at 3:53AM :smh::smh: .

Back
Top Bottom