Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sam and Woody both put on great performances. Frances McDormand's whole family dynamic and relationship with her son were hysterical. Maybe you didn't understand the dark nature of the humor. IDK.

you mean the 20 min woody was in the movie?

oh guy plays a racist so inspired

i get the humor doesnt mean i find it funny or entertaining i mean hysterical really? nah

we can agree to disagree about the movie maybe my tastes are more advanced than yours IDK

No I left shortly after you tried to talk tough like you about to pull up on me here in VA. Get out of here with that noise.

no i didnt say id pull up

i said you wouldnt talk like that to someone in real life cuz they would pull up on you

and again you talkin here to me but you didnt wanna address anybody calling you a homo

you mean the 20 min woody was in the movie?

oh guy plays a racist so inspired

Yes the 20 minutes he was on screen. A movie is perceived based on the sum of its parts. Not every cast member can share the same amount of screen time.

The hell? :lol:

No one said he deserved an Oscar. I said he showed out for his performance/role.

Same way Betty Gabriel (Georgina) played a great role in Get Out or Stanley Tucci in Spotlight.

A movie is the sum of its parts.

Yes he played a pig. That was very much intended. Had he been a social justice advocate helping her buy paint and brushes, the movie wouldn't have been what it was.

i get the humor doesnt mean i find it funny or entertaining i mean hysterical really? nah

This is true. Humor is subjective. But again, it was just one element I found that worked, the same way the dark humor was vital in Fargo.

we can agree to disagree about the movie maybe my tastes are more advanced than yours IDK

You sound offended. I'll let this one be.[/QUOTE]

thank you for letting it be oh gracious getback getback

of course when youre telling me i dont get the humor thats nothing right? but now i sound offended

well clearly youre so high up on that high road right?

and what i meant by the racist guy is that what was the point to him being racist? what would have changed about the movie without that detail?

he could have been an alcoholic and the movie would be exactly the same

but im supposed to just accept this crap as artwork?

nah sorry they not gon pull that bs with me and tell me its such a great amazing movie

thank you for letting it be oh gracious getback getback

of course when youre telling me i dont get the humor thats nothing right? but now i sound offended

well clearly youre so high up on that high road right?

and what i meant by the racist guy is that what was the point to him being racist? what would have changed about the movie without that detail?

he could have been an alcoholic and the movie would be exactly the same

but im supposed to just accept this crap as artwork?

nah sorry they not gon pull that bs with me and tell me its such a great amazing movie

Saying you didn't get the humor wasn't even shade. I know people who don't laugh at Silicon Valley or dry humor. That wasn't intended to be an insult at all.

The director was trying to paint the police department as corrupt. The sheriff and officers being racist and violent drove that home, and quite frankly is more believable as it pertains to PD's in those parts.

ok thats how it is in those parts

but did the movie tell you anything you didnt know?

did it elaborate on that aspect at all?

or was it tossed in to make the movie seem deeper than it was, "ooooh look there are race issues too!"

hell look how they did her black friend in the movie her **** *** happy to go to jail and get two lines

even sending her to jail was racist cuz it was only to send a message to the white woman and furthermore the white woman blew up the damn police dept after that anyway

no one even looked for her much less arrested

but this is a great ****** movie right?

If we talking time in a movie, Anthony Hopkins won best actor for silence of the lambs..

And he's only actually in the movie for like 15-20 mins

I don't want to butt in but I have to agree that Dunkirk was trash. I didn't get that anxious feel they were going for ... I was highly disappointed.

3 billboards had good acting but I was highly disappointed at the plot twist ...

I have not been impress with anything lately.

Killing of a Sacred Deer .. garbage

I don't want to butt in but I have to agree that Dunkirk was trash. I didn't get that anxious feel they were going for ... I was highly disappointed.

3 billboards had good acting but I was highly disappointed at the plot twist ...

I have not been impress with anything lately.

Killing of a Sacred Deer .. garbage

Dunkirk wasn't "trash" to me but I didn't think it was GREAT. It was the Andy Reid of movies for me.

finally watched the 4th and final season of halt and catch fire. that was the best season out of all of them and it's a shame that it took 3 seasons for them to find their groove. i'm glad they bowed out on a high note. too bad you have to suffer through the 3rd season to get there.

no i didnt say id pull up

i said you wouldnt talk like that to someone in real life cuz they would pull up on you

and again you talkin here to me but you didnt wanna address anybody calling you a homo
You make assumptions I don't go out of my way. However if someone keeps pushing for a reaction face to face then so be it.

How would you like me to prove I'm not homo, provide names and numbers to ex-girlfriends. Perhaps going back and forth in the Power thread makes sense to you, it doesn't to me. People will make an assumption and stick to it no matter what info is given to them disproving it.

Sigh fell into his damn spiraling vortex again, I'm done talking to you.

yup done now cuz u look stupid

you dont gotta prove nothing to me be comfortable with who you are

a pic of a shirtless man got you all hot and bothered not me

Get Out - Best Picture
GDT - Best Director
The Big Sick - Best Original Screenplay
Mollys Game - Best Adapted Screenplay
Gary Oldman - Best Actor
Frances McDormand - Best Actress
Willem Dafoe - Best Supporting Actor
Allison Janney - Best Supporting Actress
Coco - Best Animated Feature Film

Here's my picks for the categories I care about. I realize about 1/2 won't happen... Whats everyone else thinking?

Willem Dafoe - Best Supporting Actor
how in the world do you figure he deserves the win for that generic performance? what moment in that movie stands out for you? sorry to get weird but i was super underwhelmed with that movie.
i thought that sam rockwell was far superior in 3 billboards.[/QUOTE]

I'm pulling for Shape Of Water to win everything, especially in this era of deplorables (day dwellers). This trio of directors are doing some of the most imaginative work out there. Shape of Water is a solid solid flick. I love the allegories in this flick & the cast was perfect.

PQEFF2TSKRCFRGFOVFJISJUZ4U.jpg

how in the world do you figure he deserves the win for that generic performance? what moment in that movie stands out for you? sorry to get weird but i was super underwhelmed with that movie.
i thought that sam rockwell was far superior in 3 billboards.
[/QUOTE]
I'm just a big Dafoe fan and would like to see him win. The pool scene was pretty damn funny. Rockwell being a idiot racist wasn't some amazing performance but I'm not mad he's winning since I like him as an actor as well.

Watched Den Of Thieves last night, it was def a solid action movie with a plot twist at the end that I wish they would have expanded on a bit further. It definitely has elements of Heat but not like that's a bad thing. Pablo and Gerard were really good as the leads and O'Shea Jackson Jr played his part very well, 50's acting was so-so. I probably wouldn't have seen it in theaters if I didn't have moviepass but can say I wouldn't have been mad if I spent money on it.

As a big UFC fan Max Holloway's few scenes were pretty basic and Michael Bisping managed to outshine him for the minute he was in it lol.

Back
Top Bottom