Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

5 movies in one day?!
90D419C9-2186-4BD4-BFFD-64C6D7129870.jpeg

Hereditary was :wow: 7.5/8

Acting, editing, cinematography, everything on point. Probably the most unsettling horror movie I’ve seen in years. Great use of imagery, atmosphere, and tension. Didn’t have to rely on jump scares. Can’t praise it enough.

Damn, gonna have to peep that now. It's my least favorite genre but I'm always a fan of great imagery.

So The Witch was probably one of my least favorite horror movies of all time....by far. How does it compare to that movie?

Damn, gonna have to peep that now. It's my least favorite genre but I'm always a fan of great imagery.

So The Witch was probably one of my least favorite horror movies of all time....by far. How does it compare to that movie?

Hereditary definitely has a lot of The Witch in it. I’m a fan of that movie too so take my review with a grain of sand :lol:

Last edited:
Bout to check out Upgrade...

Wifey & I added Hereditary to the summer movie list. Toni Collette is a great actress. She picks very good projects too.

Edit - Upgrade was a fun movie. I enjoyed it. Wasn’t quite up the the level of excitement as when I first watched John Wick. More of the level when I first watch Chronicle. It was an inventive story. 6.5/8.

Last edited:
always great to see beat street on tv

ramo and spit are two of the dumbest mother ****ers in movie history

Watched the finale of Patrick Melrose. The time jump between eps was off putting which helped make the mini series slightly flawed but whoa the acting is superb. Benedict & Hugo should win the Emmy & GG easily for their categories. In this last episode where Benedict talks about a parent’s duty to protect their children, that scene was phenomenal. Not sure how he dredged up those emotions if he hadn’t experienced a similar situation as a child. My wife & I caught the feels. There were some brilliant comedic bits in the mini series to. Cumberbatch might very well be the finest actor out there...

Last edited:
Leocap and Pacino working with QT :wow:
Can’t wait

I rather QT do another of his own films instead of a Star Trek film.

I’d still watch it but rather have his time on something else.

Upgrade 6/8 - Very well done. Greys movements were super robotic and the action was gruesome. Now me and my nephew are sitting down to play Detroit: Become Human. Very android day for this family lol.

5 movies in one day?!
90D419C9-2186-4BD4-BFFD-64C6D7129870.jpeg

word. by 2 i had to get a slushee to awake, by 3 i was out

i was pleasantly surprised by this. solid 7.5/10 . i have no complaints at all but can't outright give it a 10. will watch again

saw solo as well. 8/10 . seriously good movie, proper surprises, solid story, good characters. enjoyed it

Ocean's 8.

Really enjoyed it. Was great seeing Sandra again, LOVED her introduction in NY. :lol:

Anne Hathaway is so underrated.

I'm truly confused how now, at this age, Cate Blanchett is suddenly good looking. She never was, imo, then I saw Ragnarok, now this.......I don't get it. :lol:

Loved the characters, the teamwork, the long con, but it was missing its Andy Garcia. No real "threat" to the team.

And I loved it on it's own merit, but I would have loved a cameo. A single sentence, or a smile, or eating a sandwich, something from one of the big 3.

6.5/8

The ending of Last Of The Mohicans is so bittersweet bcs of Uncas’ death. Magua was a bawse for killing all the english that deserved to die but he had to go after adopting the ways of the white man. Chingach**** dispatches him with so much ease...

My fav character in Braveheart...

Last edited:
Forget that she was sexy in Ragnarok.

She was sexy in Truth.

She was sexy in Carol.

Granted her character had her own style in Ocean's but it didn't make Cate look unattractive.

Been sexy for a long while.

Last edited:
A lot of Blanchett’s roles required her to look a certain way. I’ve always seen her look very attractive in interviews & press junkets when she’s promoting her films.

Finally saw Silence of the Lambs. Loved it.
I already knew what his character was, but he still had me shook.
The OST was great, and added to the suspense.
edit-Also jodie foster is a G.

Saw Source Code as well. 5/5

Last edited:
Iono, I just never saw it with her, now suddenly back to back movies I've noticed it. Maybe it's just me, truly don't know.

Just rewatched Murder by Numbers. Early Gosling, understated Sandra. Literally watched it in 02 and never again, forgot the whole damn story. :lol:

5/8

The ending of Last Of The Mohicans is so bittersweet bcs of Uncas’ death. Magua was a bawse for killing all the english that deserved to die but he had to go after adopting the ways of the white man. Chingach**** dispatches him with so much ease...

My fav character in Braveheart...

That soundtrack is one of my favorites. My mom was a HUGE Last of the Mohicans fan and would play that soundtrack all the time in the car :lol: It hypes me up

American Animals 5.5/8 - The action comes late but there's a lot of really funny interactions between the characters. I was impressed with how they integrated the real people as well.

Back
Top Bottom