Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I know what you mean but I find it endearing. Plus I've had beers with him years ago. Still haven't met Cargill yet. :smh: Working on that.

yeah i dont dislike him and you can tell hes nuts about movies and super excited to talk about them

some of his analysis/bits just fall flat for me

What good timing.. they just released a commentary podcast where the Lights Camera Barstool guys watch Batman and Robin.. along with PFT Commentator and Tyler and Coley from Mickstape. I haven't listened to it yet but I highly recommend it because I know it will be hilarious.

The Mickstape guys did a commentary pod watching Draft Day and it was absurd.

bookmarked good looks

This film is going to be nuts. . .

I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan & I like Lewis... I just don't see him as McQueen...

I love QT's earlier work but Django & Hateful were very meh to me. Sure there was great dialogue throughout each of the movies & some great performances from some actors but they just didn't resonate with me.

Hateful was basically a rehash of Reservoir Dogs... I think this movie will be meh too...

Last edited:
Cosign. Don't see Lewis as McQueen either.

Warren Kole looks more like McQueen.

The rest of your post is pure crazy talk. Only similarities RD and H8 have is that they mostly all take place in one room.

I've grown to like Lights, Camera, Podcast (now Lights, Camera, Barstool).

I like their format a lot, some news, a review that if I've seen the movie I'll listen to or if not I'll skip, and then they do a lot of lists and rankings, which is entertaining. They're solid.

What good timing.. they just released a commentary podcast where the Lights Camera Barstool guys watch Batman and Robin.. along with PFT Commentator and Tyler and Coley from Mickstape. I haven't listened to it yet but I highly recommend it because I know it will be hilarious.

The Mickstape guys did a commentary pod watching Draft Day and it was absurd.

I'm a Stoolie, so I definitely have been enjoying LCB since it's been added to their lineup.

Master Zik Master Zik I am alllll in on The Sisters Brothers :pimp: .

The rest of your post is pure crazy talk. Only similarities RD and H8 have is that they mostly all take place in one room.
I liken QT to Eminem... He was once very very talented but now just a weird looking/acting dude putting out stuff he's basically already done. At this point, I like watching the stuff QT bites off of than watch his movies.

For you fans of Korean flicks, this looks good. Not sure if it’s dropped yet.

Farenheit 451

Possibly one of the worst movies I seen this year.

This dude from doing a great job in Black Panther to looking ******* lost in this movie. Granted, that's probably the role he was suppose to look, but good lord it was horrible.

The entire thing was horrible from development of story line, to production, to everything.

I cant event rate that crap.

I liken QT to Eminem... He was once very very talented but now just a weird looking/acting dude putting out stuff he's basically already done. At this point, I like watching the stuff QT bites off of than watch his movies.
Madness

Em fell all the way off after Eminem Show.

QT bounced back amazingly after that trash Death Proof and has been on a roll ever since.

How was Basterds or Django something he's already done? Is it just H8?

Son is about to make a Star Trek movie.

Where is the repetition? Don't get it man

giphy.webp

I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan & I like Lewis... I just don't see him as McQueen...

I love QT's earlier work but Django & Hateful were very meh to me. Sure there was great dialogue throughout each of the movies & some great performances from some actors but they just didn't resonate with me.

Hateful was basically a rehash of Reservoir Dogs... I think this movie will be meh too...
Don't think a man faced ****** another man in RD

Madness

Em fell all the way off after Eminem Show.

QT bounced back amazingly after that trash Death Proof and has been on a roll ever since.

How was Basterds or Django something he's already done? Is it just H8?

Son is about to make a Star Trek movie.

Where is the repetition? Don't get it man

giphy.webp
I liked Basterds... The more I watched Django, the more I disliked it. The title of the movie is Django, but the primary characters are Shultz & Candie. The best lines & monologues came from those 2. It really bothered me that Django was an under developed character which kinda brings me to the second thing I didn't like. I didn't like the story of slavery framed by QT. Tonally I thought it was off. Ever meet a white person that thought he was so "down" & talked about black culture like he was part of it? I've never really liked anyone like that, that I've met. In his older age, that's the way QT comes across especially with this movie. I think he thinks he has street cred & he doesn't.

Hateful being a rehash of Reservoir? I mean the central theme for both movies is strangers forced together by circumstances. Like Reservoir where everyone regroups at the warehouse towards the end of the movie, everyone is confined to Minnie's in Hateful. And for both movies, all hell breaks loose thereafter.

Another example? When Mr. Orange in Reservoir has to tell stories of his criminal exploits to endear himself to his crew. Similarly, Samuel L's Major tells his story about his Lincoln letter to win over everyone... Finally, both have wounded characters struggling to stay alive while trying to figure things out.

QT basically used the outline of Reservoir to create a new movie. In both movies there were some great scenes & performances but both movies for me after repeated viewings are very meh overall.

To hear Al Pachino being cast in QT's newest movie further makes me not want to see it. Poor Al has become a caricature of himself & is not just a total ham...

My two cents for what it's worth...

The thoughts about QT seem like an in your head sort of thing

The rest is your opinion. Don't really agree with much of it.

Yeah we’ll agree to disagree...

Haven’t watched Her in a while... what a masterful flick. Acting, cinematography, score... Joaquin’s performance is stellar.

Hotel Artemis 4.5/8

Something was off. I blame the director and partially the screenwriter. Don't remember if the trailer made it seem more fast paced and action packed but cuz those expectations in half.

As the movie started I have it a go but the first act established something eas off with tone and pace. Never had a feel for the movie or it didn't have its own style. Its definitely not just ripping the cool concept from John Wick and running with it. More of possible bleek future like Upgrade but with its own message in the background like Interstellar or other movies in that vein.

The acting was good. Brown and Foster did their thing. Boutella was great. Need to see her in more action flicks. About time she play another villain or badass superhero. Saw something a bit easy but different for Charlie Day. Not sure I'd call it good nut serviceable.

Henry, Goldblum, Quinto had much smaller roles. Quinto's was generic. Jeff was Jeff. Henry wasn't challemeged much either.

Bautista was just okay in this. Tried to be funny at times. It was like a dumbed down Drax or should I say slightly smarter?

The script seemed to want to really show the movie had drama and emotional ties with how the characters interact but I felt it fell flat.

Shots weren't all that good. Pacing really could've been better.

I just might pull off these 5 movies in a day even with the late start.

Last edited:
Hereditary 6.5/8

Really good. Just short of great.

I'm not really in to horror so this actually being some ****** up story about a family, mainly mother with a family with a history of mental disease and weird **** that happens to them especially the tragedies with a little demonic supernatural thrown in was really a good watch.

Toni Collette shined like no other. Props to Byrne in this though, playing the detached dont know what to do fed up father.

Putting Ann Dowd in this for that role :smh:

After what they did to the weird little girl I had to look up who made this and of course its the sick dude that directed Something Strange About the Johnson's I knew this would be ****** up.

My only issue is this movie sorta falls a part in the end/3rd act with the full on supernatural **** and what the whole point was.

Ocean's 8 6/8

This was a fun movie. Another Ocean's type flick. Went really smoothly with no big hiccups like the past ones. Just a few obstacles that were handled.

This was also missing a villain. Like scumbag snitching ex bf c-grade Bradley Cooper is not cutting it. It would've been so much better if they got the actual Cooper to play a slimeball again.

James Corden in this :lol: One thing I'm not buying is he ever actually caught Danny Ocean.

Great Yen cameo by the end. Guess a female version of him doesn't exist.

All the ladies were fine and smashable.

On to American Animals and Hearts Beat Loudly.

Last edited:
American Animals 7/8

This was great. Just what I expected with a bit more. Some lost entitled white boys searching to be special and find greatness, in love with the idea of going on an adventure do some dumb **** like rob a college library for some rare books worth millions.

Real life stay crazier than fiction. Of course this was a true story. The way they weaved in the actual guys who did this in to the movie was really good. Made it more entertaining and real when they cut to them.

The question near the end got me wondering if the craziest guy did lie about everything in the Netherlands.

Gotta say this was some real ballsy dumb **** to do. When it finally goes down I can't believe what this guy does to this lady. Like once that happened the movie changed for that entire part of the movie. It became such real life and just ugly. One thing though, it was hard to feel bad for Ann Dowd after just seeing her in Hereditary.

Then the stealing of the books :rofl: These dudes planned so much for months but were still such idiots on key things they didn't inspect and expect.

Then the aftermath really became about the consequences and how these fools regretted their actions, a lot more focus on the actual guys while some really good acting from the main 4 actors.

Hearts Beat Loud 6.3/8

Good way to end the day. Some really good music. Offerman was pretty funny, Kiersey was good and caught me off guard with her singing plus I got some lesbian kissing. Toni Colette and Ted Fans in were also good in supporting roles.

I'm thinking in the coming weeks I may be able to pull off 6 movies in a day cuz I started the day way later than usual :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom