Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Green Room was pretty good. Brutal as hell. Wasn't expecting that, even after watching Blue Ruin and I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore. Need to watch Murder Party next.

yeah the tech was amazing

thanks for the reco man both those guys' output seems right up my alley

will def check

any of yall do film podcasts?

i bounce around a lot depending on what kind of mood im in but in terms of comedic leaning reviews this one is my current favorite

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blank-check-with-griffin-david/id981330533?mt=2

one guy is a reviewer for the atlantic and is the straight man

the other is an actor (i guess hes second billed on the tick on prime video) and is jokes

good analysis and really funny

I mostly listen to Junkfood Cinema
I think they are funny and I enjoy learning about movies I've sometimes never seen or heard of.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/junkfoodcinema/podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/junkfood-cinema/id833726995?mt=2

Been sidetracked and delayed since Saturday so I haven't got to American Animals yet

But now this Friday or Saturday is shaping up nicely.

Actually pretty crazy. Do I dare 5 movies in one day?

Hearts Beat Loud
American Animals
Ocean's 8
Hotel Artemis
Hereditary

:nerd:

giphy.gif

5 movies at the theater in one day? I thought I was doing it back in the day with triple features maybe a handful of times lol.

I watched maybe 5 or movies in a day a couple times back in college in the dorms on a slow weekend.

tomb raider. it was like eating a digiorno frozen when you have much better options all over the neighborhood. 4.2/8

death wish. the bowling ball? really?!?! too implausible and i expected more gore out of eli roth/8

5 movies at the theater in one day? I thought I was doing it back in the day with triple features maybe a handful of times lol.

I watched maybe 5 or movies in a day a couple times back in college in the dorms on a slow weekend.

This for me was the best time of my life. No responsibility. Just college. Stay inside and skip school for a couple days. Power through all lord of the rings, all batsman movies, all Harry Potters all in one sitting. Miss those days man

I've grown to like Lights, Camera, Podcast (now Lights, Camera, Barstool).

I like their format a lot, some news, a review that if I've seen the movie I'll listen to or if not I'll skip, and then they do a lot of lists and rankings, which is entertaining. They're solid.

What good timing.. they just released a commentary podcast where the Lights Camera Barstool guys watch Batman and Robin.. along with PFT Commentator and Tyler and Coley from Mickstape. I haven't listened to it yet but I highly recommend it because I know it will be hilarious.

The Mickstape guys did a commentary pod watching Draft Day and it was absurd.

Was the world screaming for a Papillon remake? The original with Steve McQueen & Dustin Hoffman is such a classic. Charlie Hunman & his agents have been picking very meh projects.

Was the world screaming for a Papillon remake? The original with Steve McQueen & Dustin Hoffman is such a classic. Charlie Hunman & his agents have been picking very meh projects.
Him and Cranston been wasting their heat from their uber popular shows.

Cranston kinda been coasting.

Hunman is kinda buggin but in comparison he's not as good an actor.

So I guess expectation wise Cranston should've been nominated several times and won one Oscar while Charlie should be on his way to being a movie star.

But you look at what Hunman is doing and after that Pacific Rim movie its like he thinks hes a better actor than he is and trying to get noticed by the academy.

Cranston really wants a superhero role (as a supervillain) while pursuing passion projects.

Weird trajectories for sure.

Cranston kinda been coasting.

Hunman is kinda buggin but in comparison he's not as good an actor.

So I guess expectation wise Cranston should've been nominated several times and won one Oscar while Charlie should be on his way to being a movie star.

But you look at what Hunman is doing and after that Pacific Rim movie its like he thinks hes a better actor than he is and trying to get noticed by the academy.

Cranston really wants a superhero role (as a supwrvillains) while pursuing passion projects.

Weird trajectories for sure.

This is so spot on

Back
Top Bottom