Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I really liked Dunkirk for the concept and theme and how it was conveyed in the movie but like other Nolan movies it gets overhyped. Better than Interstellar though.

But hey I've been seeing the chinks in Christopher Nolan's armor since TDKR.

Jonathan Nolan is the superior Nolan.

I'm with the people that though Dunkirk was subpar.

With such great war movies, this really didnt do anything for me. Not even the tense parts like in the tank getting shot at.

I wasnt really feeling anything about the movie.

In regards to the dude that liked Death Wish, I can see where you coming from, but for me it didnt do anything. Like I said, it was good background movie when you are doing something else like folding clothes ..... plus the movie .... like when his wife died and daughter in comma and he was training and that rock song came out? Like wtf was that about ..... it sounded borderline comic movie ...

I'm also in the category that thought Dunkirk was just meh. I never felt like anything was at stake. I think the characters weren't established well enough. Looked and sounded great. Story and pacing were subpar. I expected more from Nolan to be honest.

Never finished Dunkirk, but when it kicked off and the sound came booming through my sound system I realized you gotta have the right conditions to enjoy this like an extended tech demo. Just haven't been in the mood for it.

Saw Dunkirk in legit IMAX and it was incredible.

I'll probably never watch it on a normal screen because it wouldn't be the same.

Same with Blade Runner 2049.

Tag and Gotti.

Catching a little of Infinity War first.

Damn Stark was putting the beating on Thanos before he started going in.

Last edited:
Even with each of their flaws, I’ve really liked or loved each of the Netflix’s Marvel series. This is a great fight scene from The Defenders.

I like the role’s Stephen Graham has had...

Tag 7.4/8

This was great. Mad funny.

Hannibal was mad funny. Needs to be in more movies.

Whole cast brought the lulz.

Really dug Isla's character.

Renner was actually very funny in this to me.

Jake Johnson was killing it with the physical comedy :lol:

Gonna peep Gotti now.

Gotti was straight. Similar to Superfly. I came in with low expectations.

I will say the story constructed here was weaker. Only salvaged by Travolta's strong performance.

This one's not making any top 10 lists

Gotti 4.5/8

I loved Tag too, but all I could notice was Isla whenever she was on screen, she is stunning.

I used to love Leslie Bibb too, but she had makeup CAKED on. :lol: :frown:

Great cast, fun story, Renner was more Hawkeye than his Marvel films. :lol:

I loved Tag too, but all I could notice was Isla whenever she was on screen, she is stunning.

his perception of their moves before they made them was wild. the fiancé's involvement in the end was so disrespectful, would've tagged him off that

Maybe that was Hawkeye and Tag takes place in the greater marvel cinematic universe.

Same thing I thought.

I was like where was this Renner for the Avengers movies.

Son got narrating super powers the way he was analyzing and breaking down his opponents :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom