Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I actually saw Blockers tonight and I thought it was hilarious. The subversion of the teen sex comedy was done well and even though they were making the point pretty loudly in a few scenes.. it didn't feel that forced. John Cena is a funny comedic actor.. Barinholtz was hilarious.. and Leslie Mann had some great moments and she was a great lead... her escape from the hotel room was hysterical.

It had enough cleverness, gross out/slapstick, oddly heartwarming and sincere as well. This was a solid movie and I'm happy for Kay Cannon the director.. she was the writer of Pitch Perfect and also wrote for 30 Rock... this was a great debut.

Finally got around to watch hereditary. Amazing. Toni collette needs an award for that performance. Very excited to see what this director does next

Incredibles 2 was great, overall a fun movie and the visual is just super.

Still liked Syndrome than this movie's villain though. His motive >

only part i kinda chuckled was when she got shocked by the tv. acting was mediocre to terrible. leslie mann was pretty good.

on the way home tonight we decided to see incredibles 2. jeezus that bao short was fantastic. incredibles 2 was great. better than the first one imo. the scene with elastigirl vs “screenslaver” was eye popping. epileptics beware. only downside was $40 for a water, a small soda, small popcorn, chix nuggets, and a hotdog. didn’t have time to buy and smuggle.

From what I recall, I liked Blockers. Wasn't the funniest comedy halfway through the year but it was up there (a notch or two behind Game Night and Tag is far ahead atm). Cena stood out for sure. I think an ad or some article called kt the female Superbad. They were dead wrong :lol:

On another note, I have no real desire to see Jurassic w/e. The kid in me that loved dinosaurs got over that quick and simply never ****** with the Jurassic movies. To me there's just something flawed about all of them the way they rely onnthe spectacle to often carry the story and then delves in to cliche thriller shock horror. At that point it isn't much different than the Anaconda movie in concept.

only downside was $40 for a water, a small soda, small popcorn, chix nuggets, and a hotdog. didn’t have time to buy and smuggle.
Damn b, you getting mauled out here. Whenever I don't smuggle I try to not do too much; hot dog or 2, small popcorn, small drink. At the very least I try to always struggle some drink with me when I'm out and about to stay hydrated.

Plus a lot of these new theaters got these self serve soda machines :nthat:

The first Jurassic Park is classic Spielberg and holds up really well to me. Every time I catch it on tv I watch for a couple minutes, it has a ton of memorable scenes. All the other ones afterwards have been average or worse though.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/amc-offers-moviepass-like-subscription.html

AMC will offer its own MoviePass-like subscription, and MoviePass says 'thanks for making us look good'
  • The new premium membership level is dubbed AMC Stubs A-List.
  • It grants moviegoers access to three screenings a week for $19.95 a month.
  • The model made popular by MoviePass has drawn attention from theaters and investors, in part for the subscription's failure to turn a profit.
With AMC's subscription, members can watch all three movies in a single day and watch the same movie twice. That includes all of AMC's premium offerings like IMAX, Dolby Cinema, RealD 3D, Prime and BigD.

You can purchase the subscription starting June 26 and can start using the benefits immediately, the company said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/amc-offers-moviepass-like-subscription.html

AMC will offer its own MoviePass-like subscription, and MoviePass says 'thanks for making us look good'
  • The new premium membership level is dubbed AMC Stubs A-List.
  • It grants moviegoers access to three screenings a week for $19.95 a month.
  • The model made popular by MoviePass has drawn attention from theaters and investors, in part for the subscription's failure to turn a profit.
With AMC's subscription, members can watch all three movies in a single day and watch the same movie twice. That includes all of AMC's premium offerings like IMAX, Dolby Cinema, RealD 3D, Prime and BigD.

You can purchase the subscription starting June 26 and can start using the benefits immediately, the company said.
I wonder if this means AMC isn't accepting MoviePass anymore...

Can they not accept moviepass? It’s a MasterCard so wouldn’t they have to not accept that all together

Can they not accept moviepass? It’s a MasterCard so wouldn’t they have to not accept that all together
Just because the service exists doesn't mean theaters have to support it. In the past multiple AMC theaters in my area were removed from the app when they were crying about losing business. Would be interested to see if it happens again. Moviepass is only a bad deal for the company that owns and funds Moviepass. Gonna ride it till the wheels fall off. Or the sub price goes to $50.

The AMC deal is perfect if you..

A) have an AMC near you
B) care about premium formats (IMAX, D-Box, Dolby)
C) want to splurge during summer blockbusters.
D) don't feel like trying to con Moviepass and get a ticket for one showing and sneak into a premium

If you want to catch the summer blockbusters in high end formats and have a nearby AMC, it's a good deal.

I came to the realization that there is no perfect theater for me. The closest one has the best seats but the worst sound and smaller screens. The AMC has an older IMAX theater without reserved or reclining seats.. and their Dolby Cinema is amazing... EXCEPT the seats when fully reclined leave NO ROOM to walk past. Literally I have to ask people to sit up and recline to move past them, plus my feet would literally squish up against the wall.. it's too damn small. The other solid theater has a nice screen and sound, but no reclining seats. THEN the one the furthest away has the fully restaurant/dining, nice seats, but no IMAX and only Dolby Atmos audio.. not a full Dolby Cinema. I thought about it when I was going to see a movie a few weeks ago and I swear to god this realization almost gave me a panic attack.. like it started to mess with my mind.

I want my perfect theater.

The AMC deal is perfect if you..

A) have an AMC near you
B) care about premium formats (IMAX, D-Box, Dolby)
C) want to splurge during summer blockbusters.
D) don't feel like trying to con Moviepass and get a ticket for one showing and sneak into a premium

If you want to catch the summer blockbusters in high end formats and have a nearby AMC, it's a good deal.

I came to the realization that there is no perfect theater for me. The closest one has the best seats but the worst sound and smaller screens. The AMC has an older IMAX theater without reserved or reclining seats.. and their Dolby Cinema is amazing... EXCEPT the seats when fully reclined leave NO ROOM to walk past. Literally I have to ask people to sit up and recline to move past them, plus my feet would literally squish up against the wall.. it's too damn small. The other solid theater has a nice screen and sound, but no reclining seats. THEN the one the furthest away has the fully restaurant/dining, nice seats, but no IMAX and only Dolby Atmos audio.. not a full Dolby Cinema. I thought about it when I was going to see a movie a few weeks ago and I swear to god this realization almost gave me a panic attack.. like it started to mess with my mind.

I want my perfect theater.

Let's go into business fam.

I think I already said I had no desire at all to see Jurassic World. Didn't see the first one in theaters either. These type of movies do nothing for me. Like not even MP worthy.

But watching the DT vid got me curious about that ending :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
Saw Jurassic World, it was a disappointment to me.

Catching Hereditary tomorrow.

Anyone see Tag?

All the theater around me have designated seats since it's only lounge reclining chairs.

You just cant a sneak in. LoL

Back
Top Bottom