Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:rofl:

I been telling people this when somebody tell me that they dont want to do "something"
I tell Customers this all the time when I'm trying to bump them in payment on Car Deals.

Me: IF you can do $690 with 3k down we have a deal
Them: I can't do 3k down but I can do about $6oo
Me: That's why no-one will remember you're name
Them: Excuse me?
It never works but it's some Cold **** to say nonetheless :rofl:

I tell Customers this all the time when I'm trying to bump them in payment on Car Deals.

Me: IF you can do $690 with 3k down we have a deal
Them: I can't do 3k down but I can do about $6oo
Me: That's why no-one will remember you're name
Them: Excuse me?
It never works but it's some Cold **** to say nonetheless :rofl:
Yeah I got tired of hearing people's problems when they already got their mind made up.. They just want me to nod in agreement..

Yeah I got tired of hearing people's problems when they already got their mind made up.. They just want me to nod in agreement..
Same.
I'm like man you know this is a 4ok ride and you have a 12k ride to Trade that you owe 15k on, do the Math fool, the payment is going up and you need money down fool.
Oh you don't know this? THen buy a ****ing Malibu not a Truck, Fool.

I got no patience.

Ok good. I'm not the only one that thinks of one and thinks of the other evwn though theyre different in tone.

Saw Chef first and its fun. Recall everybody in here raving about it. Not sure anybody dislikes it. Then I stumbled on Burnt. Really dug the competitive Gordon Ramseyesque feel it gave along with some typical bacl story relationship stuff.

I see why ppl like Chef more though :lol: Favreau had his celeb friends make that really entertaining.
Every time these movies are on a cable channel, I always get caught up watching both. Not sure why I always think of them together... :lol: I love the soundtrack for Chef. One of the all time great soundtracks IMO. I love & marvel at the knife skills Favreau learned for the movie... Also love how Roy Choi was the technical adviser for the film.

Burnt is where I first saw Riccardo Scamarcio who went on to be Santino D'Antonio in John Wick 2 & also in S2 of Master of None. I'm a big fan of Omar Sy & wish he'd be in more movies...

Ready Player One worth the watch?

Absolutely. Joint was mad entertaining

Definitely, especially if you love pop culture and/or Spielberg

I concur. We watched it on family movie night & it was good. Had our surround sound & bass channel pumping too.

I like Jon Favreau's Chef & Bradley Cooper's Burnt... They're both affable movies for me. I like Chef more though, a large part due to John Leguizamo & Bobby Cannavale being in it... ScarJo too...

LMAO @ Favreau giving himself an ex wife Sofia Vergara & a love interest in ScarJo.....

Ok good. I'm not the only one that thinks of one and thinks of the other evwn though theyre different in tone.

Saw Chef first and its fun. Recall everybody in here raving about it. Not sure anybody dislikes it. Then I stumbled on Burnt. Really dug the competitive Gordon Ramseyesque feel it gave along with some typical bacl story relationship stuff.

I see why ppl like Chef more though :lol: Favreau had his celeb friends make that really entertaining.

You guys would probably enjoy East Side Sushi. I stumbled upon it at random scrolling Amazon Prime. Movie is :nthat:

You guys would probably enjoy East Side Sushi. I stumbled upon it at random scrolling Amazon Prime. Movie is :nthat:

I seent that movie too. Wasn't quite Chef or Burnt but it was a solid watch. That's where I seent it too. There's actually an Indian version of Favreau's Chef too. I saw it last year. It was pretty good...

I seent that movie too. Wasn't quite Chef or Burnt but it was a solid watch. That's where I seent it too. There's actually an Indian version of Favreau's Chef too. I saw it last year. It was pretty good...

Thing I liked about Chef was that all of the conflict was cleared up towards the beginning of the movie. The rest of the film was just a feel good, "enjoy the ride" type of watch.

Thing I liked about Chef was that all of the conflict was cleared up towards the beginning of the movie. The rest of the film was just a feel good, "enjoy the ride" type of watch.
One thing that bothered me though, especially as a father is how he kept pushing him off early on when he had to go shopping or prep... I would've gladly had my son with me throughout. Aside from my dog, there is no better ride or die sidekick than my son.

His blow up felt too real. I love Chef. Glad they got all the sad stuff out early. Chef was 8/8 for me.
Yeah, the "Your not getting to me" was crazy... Dustin Hoffman played such a good d*** head of an owner not letting his chef fly like he should have. I wanted to punch Dustin in his face... The cooking scenes from Jon when he's at his crib is bananas. Even the simple thing as cooking the grilled cheese... Also after he left his gig with Ramsey waiting at the restaurant for the rematch, I would've tweeted Ramsey to come to my crib so I can cook for him...

Yeah I was blown Dustin wouldn't let him change up the menu to wow a critic. That's the **** you need to do! I'm about to watch the movie again. Its really up there in my Favorite Movies List.

Yeah I was blown Dustin wouldn't let him change up the menu to wow a critic. That's the **** you need to do! I'm about to watch the movie again. Its really up there in my Favorite Movies List.
8/8 is the truth
Music was pefect
Story was way to ill.
Film was needed in my life at the time I watched it, and I legit bought 7 copies for the entire Fam.
We have watche it the last two Christmas', and it will be on again this year.

Back
Top Bottom