Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Lol at The Rock getting a 'break'. When the money is that good who can blame him. That King Kam movie sounds dope though. Outside of Baywatch and that kids football movie he's been in mostly entertaining movies.

people here in hawaii love the rock but i wonder if they’ll take issue with him not being hawaiian for this role. maybe jason momoa would be more accepted?

blancs-ne-savent-pas-sauter-03-g.jpg

Why did they cancel Black-ish???

I think the show was great. It touched on real life issues and did a wonderful job incorporating humor.

Was only able to hit up moviepass three times this month. Will be my last month unless they don’t cancel my account :lol:

Eighth Grade - 6.5/8
This film was so awkwardly good at parts and one of the scenes towards the end had me sweating man

Leave No Trace - 6.5/8
My favorite out of the three. They did a great job of subtlety developing the father/daughter relationship throughout the movie without spoonfeeding you information like how some movies do. Had me in my feels by the end.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - 5.5/8
A little too meandering. Chloe was good in her role and I got the message, but the movie wasn’t for me.

Arizona

funny lil dark comedy

had some real talk tho
i watched it today. not bad. 5.8/8 couple of funny dark moments like when the girlfriend found the bullets in the trunk :lol:
the end credits song got me kinda hype but it ended up being the original: shirley bassey - jezahel. i thought it was public enemy - harder than you think.

american animals 6.5/8

these dudes were as cam said in a song "the bums of crime"

i understand losing your head when it gets hectic but yeah maybe dont give out ur personal # when trying to fence some of the rarest books on earth

really great performances tho, also loved they spliced in interviews w/ the real guys

thoroughbreds 6/8

went to private school in southern ct on scholarship and this is a pretty accurate depiction of that world

was never as nuts about yelchin as other ppl but he did his thing

this is his last appearance too iirc

paul sparks is great at playing scumbags

that girl from the witch w/ those big ol brown eyes jeez louise

deadpool 2 5.5/8

this was fine

some parts (especially the end) were way too melodramatic and its too long but the stuff that connects really connects

the whole x force bit oh my lord

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

5/8 TBH

McDormand was stellar, deserving of the Oscar.

I felt like the pacing took a hit when Woody offed himself tho.

@Master Zik, resumed Deep State & starting ep 5. Got dayum it took waaaaaay too long for the show to start moving on... Lort have mercy. Also took me a sec to click that 'Arry was Max's son. That head of MI6 dude is a snake in the grass but the CIA chick is an even bigger snake... Them 2 is foul... I hope they get got in a grisly way before the season ends...

Back
Top Bottom