Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don't think I'll get a chance to see Wick 3 this weekend, but I rewatched the 1st one this morning, plan to rewatch the 2nd one before I catch #3. Looking forward to it.

Getting to watch them in my theater room with the surround sound kicking really elevates the experience. The sound effects and action sequences are top class.

0f69e867e910d293abc31e072cf810a7

I loved The Planet of the Apes series and we've been surprised by casting decisions in the past...I'm cool with it

I was kind of let down by it. I felt Jonah Hill played it too safe for most of the film. Especially since it was blatantly inspired by Kids. I knew skater kids in MS & HS in the mid to late 2000’s and they could be wild as hell. Plus, this was suppose to be set in 90’s LA which you would think they would have been even more wild than the kids I grew up knowing and this era of LA was still extremely active when it came to gang activity and not one lick of that culture was displayed in the film.

4.9/ 8

Def felt like he played safe.

Thought the brotha was gonna die.
Though Mexican kid was going to turn out gay. Seemed a little too bothered by the main character.

John Wick 3.

......well......not a lot of dialogue. :lol: Lot of ammo, not a lot of words. But, we all knew what we were doin here opening night. :pimp:

They've gone a little different direction than I would have after the first one, but not really in a bad way I don't think. They've just intensified everything rather than elaborating on everything. High table, the one who sits above the high table, the layers, various locations. Overall a really interesting world they created, but rather than exploring it, they just shoot it, a lot.

There was so much happening you couldn't really process it all, I have no idea how many bullets were fired, or bodies dropped, etc, certain moves were repeated over and over but when you do 50,000 stunts in 2 hours, yeah, you're gonna repeat some moves. Adding the guys from the Raid was just :wow: I only wish they would have added the main guy from the Raid. But then, John may not have won. :lol:

Only minor complaint I really had was the sound seemed off a smidge, like they added an extra layer to everything, even the smallest movements had a loud bang or slap to them. Iono, was just weird, but not anything that ruined the event for me. Going to be interesting if they keep going/building or call it good, or what. But this, F&F, and Mission Impossible are all just one upping each other with the next YOOOOOO moments. Each in a unique way, but faithful to themselves. MI with the Bond-ish spy stuff mixed with insane stunts, F&F with the over the top hype and action, and Wick with the headshots, on headshots, on another headshot, lemme shoot that head one more time, again, one more for good measure.....reload......one extra just cuz....... :lol:

10/8

John Wick 3 - 8/8 easily my favorite movie of the year. The fight choreography is on point. The world they've built with the High Table and all that. Never stop making these.

John Wick 3 - 8/8 easily my favorite movie of the year. The fight choreography is on point. The world they've built with the High Table and all that. Never stop making these.
Oh they won’t.
After FastFurious showed Hollyrock they could do franchises again that weren’t Books, it will never stop

Now this, is how you Edit fight scenes, you shoot them in long takes, not hundreds of cuts and angle switches.

Clinic.

The White Queen and The White Princess we’re both Series’ in STARZ that were fire.

I expect nothing thing less for The Spanish Princess.
About to get in episode1
@shogun I bet we get to see this Cute little Spanish Gingers box.
Show is fire just like I expected.
Dope the way all of these STARZ joints fall in together.
The White Queen
The White Princess
The Spanish Princess

STARZ is on it with these.

Netflix are staring to make filipino movies...
so I watched this movie called Maria. It's basically an asian, female John Wick movie except not even close to being as well made. Weird to be seeing a filipino movie shot with the kind of production quality (kinda used to filipino movies looking low budget af) typical of Netflix originals but it was still only ok for me. The script and acting and action was ehh.

Female lead was smokin hot though. As a filipino got to say we have the best looking asian women :smile:

4.5/8

Not ashamed to say that I would watch a sequel. Lol

I like Netflix's strategy of going into foreign countries and collaborating with the local talent to make movies.

Last edited:
I used to tinker with rewriting the prequels for Star Wars, nothing major or even really laid out properly but just me thinkin out loud.

I may do that for Season 8 GoT cuz..... :smh:

I'm positive someone is going to do a YouTube edit that will vastly improve this tragedy.

Lol it's funny how split got fans are

Some are telling me to keep watching (I'm behind)

Others tell me not waste my time anymore.

I'm still, only on season 1. I'm thinking of jumping to season 8 just to see what everyone's complaining about :lol:

I'm still, only on season 1. I'm thinking of jumping to season 8 just to see what everyone's complaining about :lol:
Stop after S6 & let your imagination finish the rest.

I just suggested this in the Got thread.

Watch seasons 1-4. Its worth it and you'll enjoy it. Then skip to s8 and after that you should be able to answer yourself is you should watch s5-s7.

Man that new trailer for “His Dark Materials” that aired after GoT last night has me hyped.

I’m telling you guys now, that show has the potential to be the next hot thing.

I used to tinker with rewriting the prequels for Star Wars, nothing major or even really laid out properly but just me thinkin out loud.

I may do that for Season 8 GoT cuz..... :smh:

I'm positive someone is going to do a YouTube edit that will vastly improve this tragedy.
Nah it's cut enough and rushed, it needs more meat and a better storyteller. Should have really been 2-3 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom