Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

John Wick 3 had pretty good action but I got to say I liked John Wick 1&2 better. Most of the movie, I liked but I had problems with the last 15-20 minutes of the movie. I'd probably give it a 5.5/8

I was in Paris this week and saw "JW3" posters and bus artwork plastered everywhere. Heavy French push in the capital.

Sequel was announced in 2017 and Affleck remains publicly committed. Anyone know what the hold-up is?

I'm not sure Anna Kendrick was the right actress for the female lead, opposite Ben.
For the type of character Ben was playing it seemed to fit to me.

Last edited:
prolly too depressed to do another action movie after the whole DC debacle and mismanagement of the boardroom resulting in the batman movie cancellation and him leaving altogether.

prolly too depressed to do another action movie after the whole DC debacle and mismanagement of the boardroom resulting in the batman movie cancellation and him leaving altogether.
Plus didn’t he have a breakdown where J Gard. had to take him to rehab :frown:

He was looking like he was in bad shape from the pics that day :frown:

Last edited:
Brightburn..... Man. I loved it. Not elite, but the idea behind it. The potential. I was enthralled.

12 year old is one thing......if they sequel, 18-20............. :pimp:

He just needs another win.

Think he needs his next directorial project to get back on track.

I used to tinker with rewriting the prequels for Star Wars, nothing major or even really laid out properly but just me thinkin out loud.

I may do that for Season 8 GoT cuz..... :smh:

I'm positive someone is going to do a YouTube edit that will vastly improve this tragedy.

i remember a few years back that topher grace recut episodes 1, 2 and 3 and made his own version. he showed it to his close friends only. ive always wanted his version to leak somehow. word was it was really really good.

no comment on that other show we shall not speak of.

Brightburn 5.6/8

It was cool. Nothing special but cool.

Definitely unsettling at moments. Ive seen the take before just not with a kid. Shouldve been more revealed on the alien origin.

John Wick: Parabellum 6.5/8

Better than chapter 2. Really liked that it just immediately set up JW4.

Halle was great. Keanu does his thing as usual. The action was great.

Last edited:
Brightburn..... Man. I loved it. Not elite, but the idea behind it. The potential. I was enthralled.

12 year old is one thing......if they sequel, 18-20............. :pimp:

Brightburn 5.6/8

It was cool. Nothing special but cool.

Definitely unsettling at moments. Ive seen the take before just not with a kid. Shouldve been more revealed on the alien origin.
Would you guys say the story is basically like that movie with the kid who played Harry Osborne from Garfield’s Spider-Man & Gosling’s son from Beyond the Pines when he got super powers :nerd:

Would you guys say the story is basically like that movie with the kid who played Harry Osborne from Garfield’s Spider-Man & Gosling’s son from Beyond the Pines when he got super powers :nerd:
You talking about Chronicle.

Nah it was not like that. That at least showed a gradual change to the guy going bad and established he was a loser.

This kid was just a ****ing weirdo similar to Jeffrey Dahmer. Pretty much made it clear kid was born evil and was sent to earth o conquer.

It's way more like a horror flick so dont expect anything like Chronicle.

Aladdin was way better than I was anticipating (check the audience score on this one vs. the critics score - I went in knowing neither for what it’s worth).

Will Smith was better than fine, actually very good. You truly missed his performance when he wasn’t on the screen.

Naomi Scott, who plays Princess Jasmine, was brilliant. Her song “Speechless” was one of the high points of the film. Also worth noting this song is entirely new, wasn’t in the original animated film.

Mena Massoud was believable in the role of Aladdin/Prince Ali. I only had a problem with how capable and smooth he was initially as a “commoner” when he met Jasmine, apparently understanding her customs to the nth degree and how to act around her enough to impress her, then when he became Prince Ali, he apparently forgets how to be smooth... about anything at all. Like, he couldn’t figure out how to speak a cogent sentence?

Other than that, his character and story was believable and entertaining. He’s a talented protagonist.

If you don’t like musicals, I would still recommend it — the songs last about 1-2 minutes at most and it seems to be on purpose: not dwelling on the musical numbers, which could turn off the segment of viewers that don’t like musicals altogether.

Rating: 6/8

Aladdin was an awesome watch. I imagine that if I had not been familiar with the cartoon that it would've been even better.

7/8

Will Smith, Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott delivered great performances. Even dude who played Jafar wasn't half bad.

It just might be my favorite Disney live action remake of a cartoon so far

About to watch Biutiful.

The only one from Iñnárritu’s filmography that I haven’t watched (I technically saw Birdman but I couldn’t tell you a damn thing about it aside from nice camera work because it did not captivate me at all when I tried to watch it during it’s Oscar year). It’s been raining and gloomy here all day so me watching this right now is equivalent to Dante choosing to BBQ in the 7th circle of his inferno.

It’s about to get misty. :emoji_cry:

Back
Top Bottom