Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wildlife 5.7/8

Good acting, directed well, beautifully shot. Like I said, if you didnt know before once you found out after it'd totally fits that Paul Dano directed this. Like a good deal of his roles and movies. The whole vibe and mood matches.

Jake and Carey were good. The kid was okay but wasnt given a lot to do or emote with.

Story wise, it was cool. Mulligan played a terrible ***** of a mother. Cant believe she exposed or son to her sloppiness. Just so pathetic and wreckless and then the dude she cheats with. Jake pretty much played a loser that needed time to get right.

A Vigilante 6/8

Olivia Wilde was great. At first you think oh this A Girl with the Dragon tattoo without all that conspiracy **** and tattoo but it is a much more dramatic, grounded, emotional story.

Movie made me want to keep a look out for Sarah Daggar-Nickson who wrote and directed this.

This movie got dark in the 3rd act when she had to face her abuser. He was no pushover.

Last edited:
Was it me, John Wick - action was great...Keanu Reeve acting was cringe worthy.

How many assassins are in this universe? I mean John almost killed 100K men/women already. :lol:

Last edited:
Was it me, John Wick - action was great...Keanu Reeve a acting was cringe worthy.

How many assassins are in this universe? I mean John almost killed 100K men/women already. :lol:
That type of **** makes me think every poor person or bum, the random masses we think could all be assassins for hire :lol:

Godzilla was John Wick without bullets. Don't expect logic, you know what you paid to see, it ain't dialogue or story, you wanna see monsters. Cuz if you thinkin......you realize about several hundred million are dead and many cities are gone, and there'd be a whole bunch of tsunamis and tidal wave brewin. :lol:

He's cool, he fights crazy CGI beasts, roll credits. 6/8 bring on Kong v Godzilla next year.

Rocketman......loved it. Just as good as Bohemian and Star Is Born.
Crazy part, character was in both. Littlefinger was in Rhapsody, Robb Stark played the same man in Rocketman. Uh...differently, but same man.
Eggsy was tremendous. I don't know if he'll get an Oscar, but he sang it all himself. Bravo.
Robb was great, B Dallas How was great, Elton just a different cat.
7/8

Good Time 7/8

One of the most crazy unnecessary bat **** wild movies :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The story was just really good, wild and fun.

This guy Connie tries to break his slow brother out of the hospital where he's under arrest for robbing a bank with him. Takes the wrong guy in probably the most simplest escape I've ever seen. Has nowhere to go with who he thinks is his passed out bro in a wheel chair, cons his way on to those access-a-ride buses, cons his way in to the house of someone else who was on the bus, makes out with a 15 yr old so she wouldnt see he's wanted for bank robbery on the news :rofl: :rofl:

**** just gets wilder and wilder :rofl: I dont know how he ain't know this guy wasn't his brother being as short as he is. Trying to get a stash from a theme park, beat the **** out of the security guard and dose him with acid when the cops come :lol: Then try to sell the acid for money.

Robert Pattinson was good in this but the way dudes praised his role in this I was thinking he put on some amazing performance. I can say he played the role really well but this crazy plot and the character's poor decisions drove the entire movie.

Last edited:
Aquabro - 6.8/8

Man, this movie was fun as ****. The CGI was very cartoonish a lot of the time and some of the costumes, make-up and set designs didn't help it but Khal Drogo's performance overshadowed all that. The man just has charisma oozing out of his pores. And Amber Heard, my goodness. :wow:

I'd imagine it wasn't hard to force the chemistry they shared on screen when she's out there looking like a whole mf'n snack. Every main character did well in their roles except for my man Cadillac. :ohwell: He was given the extra cheese pizza dialogue and his delivery didn't help that fact either.

Good Time 7/8

One of the most crazy unnecessary bat **** wild movies :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The story was just really good, wild and fun.

This guy Connie tries to break slow brother out of the hospital where he's under arrest for robbing a bank with him. Takes the wrong guy in probably the most simplest escape I've ever seen. Has nowhere to go with who he thinks is his passed out bro in a wheel chair, cons his way on to those access-a-ride buses, cons his way in to the house of someone else who was on the bus, makes out with a 15 yr old so she wouldnt see he's wanted for bank robbery on the news :rofl: :rofl:

**** just gets wilder and wilder :rofl: I dont know how he ain't know this guy wasn't his brother being as short as he is. Trying to get a stash from a theme park, beat the **** out of the security guard and dose him with acid when the cops come :lol: Then try to sell the acid for money.

Robert Pattinson was good in this but the way dudes praised his role in this I was thinking he put on some amazing performance. I can say he played the role really well but this crazy plot and the character's poor decisions drove the entire movie.

I really liked this movie :lol:

Reminded me a lot of that Paul Walker movie running scared. Just kinda non stop running from place to place and things keep escalating way over the top :lol:

"Ma" was an extremely fun watch. Doesn't seem like the type of movie for critics - but I can see it becoming popular once it hits VOD platforms. Let's just say it doesn't pull many punches :lol::lol:

GREAT movie for a date night though

John Wick 3, solid 7/8. Some of the fight scenes left me wondering why the bad guys were taking him on 1 v 1 so often, but the fight with Mad Dog and doppelganger made up for all that. Story was good and expanded the universe and the rules more, and set up what, I can only imagine, will be the final of the series with him vs the High Table. So ready for 2021 :pimp:

This Godzilla might be my fav. The fights were cool, there were some gorgeous visuals, and I enjoyed the soundtrack as well.

If they made this movie without any human scenes ...I wouldn't have minded one bit. Such an uninteresting group of people. :smh: It's a shame Ken Watanabe and Zhang Ziyi were pushed aside to be side characters, in favor of the dull family drama we got.

(Ghidorah's heads had more personality than the majority of the cast :lol: )

Last edited:
Yeah so miss me with these Kong and Godzilla movies. Haven’t liked any of the new (or old) editions, the 2015 one with Cranston was so overhyped.

Wildlife 5.7/8

Good acting, directed well, beautifully shot. Like I said, if you didnt know before once you found out after it'd totally fits that Paul Dano directed this. Like a good deal of his roles and movies. The whole vibe and mood matches.

Jake and Carey were good. The kid was okay but wasnt given a lot to do or emote with.

Story wise, it was cool. Mulligan played a terrible ***** of a mother. Cant believe she exposed or son to her sloppiness. Just so pathetic and wreckless and then the dude she cheats with. Jake pretty much played a loser that needed time to get right.

A Vigilante 6/8

Olivia Wilde was great. At first you think oh this A Girl with the Dragon tattoo without all that conspiracy **** and tattoo but it is a much more dramatic, grounded, emotional story.

Movie made me want to keep a look out for Sarah Daggar-Nickson who wrote and directed this.

This movie got dark in the 3rd act when she had to face her abuser. He was no pushover.

Surprised the hell out of me when I found out Dano directed Wildlife, didn’t know till the credits hit.

Best scene right here :lol:

Yeah so miss me with these Kong and Godzilla movies. Haven’t liked any of the new (or old) editions, the 2015 one with Cranston was so overhyped.

Agree. And it’s not the monsters that are the problem generally. It’s the lack of a compelling story and/or human characters you care about.

Honestly think the “monster” movie I’ve enjoyed most recently was Rampage with the Rock and I wouldn’t exactly call that a great movie. Bar is low.

I hated the Cranston one. I actually liked the 1998 Godzilla a lot, with Broderick. Seen it like 50 times.

This has to be a joke. C'mon. :lol:

Half that movie they "lost" Godzilla. A literal moving building was lost in a sewer. :lol:

You guys are tripping with the Godzilla human factors. It's exactly the comparison I made to John Wick expecting dialogue.

I was very pleasantly surprised with how well the new Godzilla handled King Ghidorah and Rodan. The human characters were definitely there for narration and pulling the monsters together, more than anything else. They didnt need to be anything else. The only complaints I have are the Antarctica scenes, with the lighting and editing giving me a headache, and how they offed Sally with even less fanfare than Bryan Cranston got in the first movie. The CGI was fantastic, the pacing was fast and gave you breathers at the right times, and the monsters actually had some personality and character in them

Looking forward to Kong Vs Godzilla and then hopefully a Mechagodzilla chapter. Not the most entertaining movie I saw this weekend, but it lived up to my expectations.

6/8

I said it before but the problem with those monster movies are the humans. Same thing wrong with Transformers movies.

Its kinda crazy to me how a monster movie where Kong or Godzilla are the main star can even get A-list talent like Cranston, Jackson, etc.

This has to be a joke. C'mon. :lol:

Half that movie they "lost" Godzilla. A literal moving building was lost in a sewer. :lol:

You guys are tripping with the Godzilla human factors. It's exactly the comparison I made to John Wick expecting dialogue.
HAS to be a troll post:lol:. hearing stories during production were just head scratchers. 3 days before shooting the directors on a whim decided it had to be raining the entire film. forced to start and finish production in a year. they thought that they were gonna bring in the Jurassic fanbase but even more so since they were going 100% CGI was for sure gonna blow it outta the water since Jurassic wasn't 100%; it was done right:rofl:

this thread reminded me that the movie came out actually. will see it asap

Same.

Attempted to start 2015 Godzilla and I got as far as seeing whoever it was that got stuck behind a door and died which I think happened within the first 15 mins. :lol: I watched the last Kong movie as background noise one day but that’s it. Big monster movies just really aren’t my thing. I’d put them in the same category of mindless entertainment as the Fast & Furious franchise...

024076A6-781A-4FF3-9753-8B874D9E882B.png

Back
Top Bottom