Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Booksmart 6/8

This was really good but not close to what some praised/advertised it as; female Superbad).

Beanie was pretty funny. The writing was strong. Olivia Wilde seemed to know what she was doing as a director. The movie contained familiar comedic elements but introduced @ different times that were unexpected and were a nice change of pace all while mostly following the 3 act structure of these type of movies.

I'd say the supporting characters were one of the best things about this.

Last edited:
Didn’t end up watching Biutiful that ^ night. 10 mins in and said f this, not putting myself through that that night. :lol: Going to get back to it soon, though. On a not so gloomy day.

What’s some of your guys all-time favorite shots that served as the end to a movie? Scenes that can be heralded on the all-time great ending lists with the likes of The Graduate, Citizen Kane, etc.

This one is up there for me.

Didn’t end up watching Biutiful that ^ night. 10 mins in and said f this, not putting myself through that that night. :lol: Going to get back to it soon, though. On a not so gloomy day.

What’s some of your guys all-time favorite shots that served as the end to a movie? Scenes that can be heralded on the all-time great ending lists with the likes of The Graduate, Citizen Kane, etc.

That’s dope. I’ll have my all-time later today. Gotta think on it

Booksmart 6/8

This was really good but not close to what some praised/advertised it as; female Superbad).

Beanie was pretty funny. The writing was strong. Olivia Wilde seemed to know what she was dking as a director. The movie contained familiar comedic elements but introduced @ different times that were unexoected and were a nice change of pace all while mostly following the 3 act structure of these type of movies.

I'd say the supporting characters were one of the best things about this.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. The only thing I didn't like was the dialogue went on a little too much in some scenes. Kinda made some of the jokes less effective.

Aladdin 5.5/8 - Easily the best Disney live action remake. It was a bit too long but I enjoyed the songs and the cast. Will Smith wasn't terrible until he started rapping during the credits...

robtoofresco robtoofresco

My fav shots to end movies are usually ones with a banging soundtrack or score to close things out. Or a strong monologue to wrap things up.

A few of my all time favs

Despite how much I hate Amy Adams

And my underrated favorite. After dude just opened up his homie for nothing. It just hits. “We bury our sins here, Dave. We wash them clean.” That fade into the mystic :pimp: dat score :pimp:

All of those are damn good choices. I know we talked Road to Perdition some weeks back but damn do I need to rewatch that movie one of these days after seeing that ending again. I forgot they played us with the possibility of a happy ending. :frown:

My preference is the ones with a strong score/soundtrack + thought provoking shot too but this monologue here is one of my favs.

Deniro as Jake Lamotta as Brando as Terry Malloy .:pimp::pimp::pimp:

Watched Booksmart earlier today. I'd give it a 5.5/8, not Superbad funny but brought a good amount of laughs. Really liked the chemistry between the two leads. It also reminded me of Cant Hardly Wait and a couple scenes were almost parallels.

Oh we just not going to include Heat. Movie is a ****ing CLASSIC, almost 25 years later have we had a movie of this quality with two juggernauts.

I could watch that movie any day of the week. The slow build of the music so early in the scene. I hope I am wrong but I don't think he will ever reach this height again. Collateral and Miami Vice should have been WAY better.

Last edited:
Aladdin 5.5/8 - Easily the best Disney live action remake. It was a bit too long but I enjoyed the songs and the cast. Will Smith wasn't terrible until he started rapping during the credits...
How many live action remakes do they have, drawing a blank besides Lion King and... That is it off the top I can think of.

I just realized I’ve never watched the ending of raging bull. Shame shame, that scene is awesome. My second favorite movie of all time is On the Waterfront.

Oh we just not going to include Heat. Movie is a ****ing CLASSIC, almost 25 years later have we had a movie of this quality with two juggernauts.

I could watch that movie any day of the week. The slow build of the music so early in the scene. I hope I am wrong but I don't think he will ever reach this height again. Collateral and Miami Vice should have been WAY better.

I thought Collateral was pretty good but that maybe more so because it was refreshing to see Tom as a villain for a change. I remember watching Miami Vice at some point in my life but I don’t remember anything at all about itexcept for the two leads and that people were disappointed with it. Michael Mann’s last ok film was in 2009 so yeah, fambo is probably finished in these streets.

Collateral was great — mainly due to Tom Cruise abnormally playing the antagonist role, a role he played extremely well. Cold-hearted, all business, efficient, no conscious.

Plus the club scene is amazing, ends crazily in the way Mark Ruffalo was off’d.

Just tried to watch the Netflix movie The Perfection. I made it about half way through and gave up. This streaming service gets closer and closer to Sy-Fy network quality every day. Beyond rediculous. Non sensical. Horrible acting. Trash “sex” scene. Part of me wanted to keep watching to see just how stupid it would keep getting. Couldn’t do it.

1.5/8 Do better Netflix. Gotta do better.

Just tried to watch the Netflix movie The Perfection. I made it about half way through and gave up. This streaming service gets closer and closer to Sy-Fy network quality every day. Beyond rediculous. Non sensical. Horrible acting. Trash “sex” scene. Part of me wanted to keep watching to see just how stupid it would keep getting. Couldn’t do it.

1.5/8 Do better Netflix. Gotta do better.
Fam, I swear. I had high hopes for Netflix content when they first started rolling out originals but since every company is providing streaming services now, they’ve elected to take the McDonald’s approach with their stuff to battle competitors. Just blitzkrieging consumers with a bunch of crap for the sake of quantity. If I wasn’t using my brother’s login, I wouldn’t really miss it at all in it’s current state.

Netflix has yet to regain its prominence from its early years of smash hit quality shows.

I feel like I'm waiting in vain for their bounce back and recovery the way Showtime and HBO do after years of a few hit shows and then have a period of down time before they come with another great show.

They looking worse than AMC cuz they at least do not spam trash shows. They're fine with having extended periods of down time.

The Road Movie 3/8 - I thought it would be WAY crazier than it was. Although that fire scene was pretty ridiculous. Currently streaming on Amazon Prime.
If you talking about The Road with my boy Viggo, you buggin.

That joint was despairingly great.

Last edited:
Oh ****, The way shotimesheff shotimesheff wrote “The Road Movie” I didn’t know he was talking about THAT “The Road.” Then I saw his rating and said forget it, not even going to put it into the search bar. :lol:

I haven’t seen it yet (about to change soon :pimp:) but I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. Plus, V-money’s in it. He’s one of those actors who if I see his name is attached to a film, I hit a
6AD82325-0CFC-44C2-A8A0-1821E57F1650.gif

Back
Top Bottom