Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

tenor.gif

Have heard Heavyweights is great, but haven't gotten around to seeing it.

It’s kind of crazy this is coming up today because something made me randomly think of Heavyweights yesterday. The scene when the main kid’s parents tell him he’s going to camp and he says, “no way. I’m not going to camp with a bunch of fat loads!”

:lol: Cracks me up for some reason.

Disney was careful as hell with the profanity. They had the other camp kids cruise by on the boat yelling "you stink, you stink, you stink" :lol:

Speaking of Ben Stiller, this was an underrated one. Probably because it was between Old School, Wedding Crashers and some of the other frat pack flicks.

220px-Starsky_and_hutch.jpg

Yup. :smokin Starsky and Hutch is one my favorite comedies, I don’t even care :rofl: ****’s hilarious to me.

Man the good ol days. Stiller had one hell of a run. There’s Somehing About Mary, Mystery Men, Meet the Parents, Zoolander and Royal Tennenbaums the same year, Along Came Polly and Starsky Hutch same year, Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder!

Son had the juice from 98’-2008. One helluva run.

Man the good ol days. Stiller had one hell of a run. There’s Somehing About Mary, Mystery Men, Meet the Parents, Zoolander and Royal Tennenbaums the same year, Along Came Polly and Starsky Hutch same year, Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder!

Son had the juice from 98’-2008. One helluva run.
F’n A he did. :wow:

Also did Night at the Museum and The HBK in that same time frame.

HBK was panned by critics but I remember liking that one. :lol:

^^^ And he was one of the main voices in the animated Madagascar franchise...
HELLUVA. RUN.

Nah man, Ava really did the last scene like that.

Korey going back full circle to where it all started. Where it could have all been different if he stayed with his little boo... chewing on some chicken. Their last conversation playing in his head one last time as it transitions to my boy Franky’s version of Moon River.
8476FEB7-7F5E-45EF-8236-0790B1A4EE1C.png

All of ‘em. Give them all the Emmys!
3B989C2E-71E9-48C2-825F-9749E707B284.png

When They See Us - 8/8 television.

Toy Story 4 - 6.7/8

Pixar reached into their old bag of tricks and used the opening sequence heart tugger they like to use occasionally with the flashback of Woody having to choose his responsibility to Andy over a life with Bo. They really set the movie up to be Woody’s story from that point forward.

Animation was amazing. Especially with those freaky *** ventriloquist dolls. Those things had me dying with the way they moved and interacted. :lol:

Jokes were there. The callbacks were there. The life pondering themes were there. The adventure was there. Plenty of little Easter eggs sprinkled throughout if you like that sort of thing. Key & Peele’s characters brought the biggest LOL moment for me throughout the whole movie. You’ll know what I’m talking about when you see it. Had the whole theatre cracking up.

The full circle conclusion of Woody choosing to stay with Bo this time and saying goodbye to the gang didn’t pull at your heart the way 3 did but I think that has more to do with all the history we as an audience built with the Andy relationship and the fact that we thought they were all going to die at one point. :lol:

Best Pixar sequel since TS3. Oh yeah, at least 3 little kids busted out crying at different points nearing the end of the third act. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom