Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I’m rewatching Star Trek Nemesis to prepare for Picard and I’m enjoying it. I couldn’t remember the ending so wanted to remind myself.

Good Omens was pretty good.

Nice light comedy. I shyed away from it cuz despite it having two of my fav actors in it I wpuld've preferred the roles switch. That's just how versatile Sheen and Tenant are though cuz Sheen could've easily been the demon and Tenant the angel.
Show was fantastically written. Wish we was getting a season 2...

Ready or Not was entertaining but not as good as I expected. Just a fun, over the top dark comedy/horror with a lot of potential. This film had Netflix original written all over it, but alas I paid $10 to watch it in theaters.

Great visuals, strong acting from the lead but weak everywhere else. Pretty good mix of funny parts and suspenseful parts. Second half got a little too over the top for me, but it was done on purpose so I can appreciate the horror tropes. If the dialogue was a little more on point, there would be no distinguishing this from a Tarantino/Rodriguez collab.

5.9/8 Good movie to watch with friends or a Bae. Especially a bae

ford-v-ferrari-poster.jpg

So, I watched The Happytime Murders this weekend. That’s the detective movie with Melissa McCarthy and Muppets who cuss, have sex and murder each other. I actually enjoyed it. It was totally ridiculous, but I was in a good mood/buzzed and there wasn’t anything else on that was great.

I’m not saying I recommend it or that I wound have been happy spending money on it, but I’m not sorry I watched it.

Basically, this is more of a confession than a review. :lol:

Watched Death Wish (2018) over the weekend. Pretty bad. Started out halfway decent then plummeted swiftly. Leo's chick Camila Morrone is nice to look at though.

Also watched the Substitute for the first time in about 15 years. Classic 90's Dangerous Minds formula with a hint of Only the Strong :lol::nthat:

Only the Strong :pimp: :pimp:

You guys remember that thread debating what was considered a classic “hood movie” or not? Thread was pure comedy. I glad OTS made the cut though.

What’s the scariest movie y’all have ever seen? Looking for something legit terrifying. Mines probably ringu but I was faded so I can’t be 100% about that lol

when we were kids, my uncle took me and my brother to watch Cape Fear in theaters. movie legit ****ed me up, I used to look under our cars to make sure no one was hiding there smh.

What’s the scariest movie y’all have ever seen? Looking for something legit terrifying. Mines probably ringu but I was faded so I can’t be 100% about that lol

Hard to be terrified as an adult TBH. When I was a kid sh*t like Jaws and the original Halloween scared me.

What elements of a horror movie get to you?

Does anyone know if the list of NYC select-theaters for The Irishman is public knowledge yet? Set for I believe the first three weeks of November before the Netflix drop.

the ring. wouldnt go into the garage or backyard at night for 2 months. had me shook :lol:

Back
Top Bottom