Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Definitely in

btw jojo rabbit is the most offensive film since DW Griffith’s birth of a nation. How in the world can you make a movie about Nazis as a joke in today’s world. Wtf is wrong with people. As a gentile whois very liberal with what is perceived as funny I find this tasteless, arrogant and offensive.

I'm in, let's go.

And I don't think we asked, but what's on deck?

What movie(s) drafted did you get inspired to watch or rewatch ASAP?

Last edited:
tenor-28.gif

OUT!

I'm here to throw shade from here on out.

I'm in, let's go.

Parasite was one.
Fast Five (Prep for Hobbs and Shaw Blu)
Argo

And one that wasn't picked, Brightburn. Frickin love that movie. I forgot to add that I feel some way it wasn't selected.

Definitely feel like rewatching Nocturnal Animals cuz of you mronegative mronegative :lol:

Then there's the movies I havent seen:

Parasite
We Need to Talk About Kevin
What We Do In The Shadows
Bone Tomahawk
Slow West

Maybe rewatch and give a focused watch to the Conjuring movies abd those stinky ape flicks. Not gonna bother with animation I haven't seen. Ive seen everything else though.

Definitely in

btw jojo rabbit is the most offensive film since DW Griffith’s birth of a nation. How in the world can you make a movie about Nazis as a joke in today’s world. Wtf is wrong with people. As a gentile whois very liberal with what is perceived as funny I find this tasteless, arrogant and offensive.
Is the rest of this post sarcasm or serious? Cant tell.

I imagine the film was made about Nazis in the same vein as Monty Python and Mel Brooks doing material about Nazis.

Have you already seen the movie to compare it to Birth of a Nation and call it offense? Or is this a knee jerk reaction?

Last edited:
jpzx jpzx mronegative mronegative

giphy.gif

Definitely in

You're offended by a lot recently. OUATIH now Jojo. Did you actually see it or are you going based off the trailer/reviews?

I haven’t seen JoJo Rabbit, but I have read a lot about it and it doesn’t bother me at all. From what I understand, it is clear that the Hitler depicted in the movie is the main character young boy’s imaginary friend. It’s a buffoonish version of Hitler. Plus, one of the story points outside of the boy’s imagination involves the boy’s family harboring a Jewish girl to keep her safe from the Nazi’s. By all accounts, the movie is a pretty successful satire that uses Nazism/Hitler as an allegory to current times.

And, for what its worth, I’m Jewish.

I'm in, let's go.

This thread has inspired me to be more open in regards to the superhero/comic genre. I've seen barely any of the films picked in that category.

If you couldn't tell by my list it's pretty drama oriented :lol:
That's always been my forte.

Need you dudes to give me a top 5 list of comics movies.

I also haven't seen a F&F flick since Tokyo Drift, because it sort of seemed like they were headed towards XXX territory with cars jumping over helicopters and what not.

I honestly don’t see how you guys will wax nostalgic about how good all these comic book movies are and then absolutely criticize the FF franchise like they didn’t eventually become the same thing.

They’re all bad.

Ragnarok was the most high brow, and Endgame genuinely landed the greatest payoff you could imagine after stacking that many movies together leading up to it, but come on, they’re the same genre—and they’re all bad.

I honestly don’t see how you guys will wax nostalgic about how good all these comic book movies are and then absolutely criticize the FF franchise like they didn’t eventually become the same thing.

They’re all bad.

Ragnarok was the most high brow, and Endgame genuinely landed the greatest payoff you could imagine after stacking that many movies together leading up to it, but come on, they’re the same genre—and they’re all bad.
MCU > that trash FF franchise.

We just see these movies differently.

I rank the Winter Soldiers, Civil Wars, GotG v1 & v2, Ragnaroks on a level higher with Infinity War and Endgame being the highest.

They're in a whole other stratosphere than other cbm.

:lol: @ they're all bad.

This genre probably aint for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I’ll still see every one right when they come out, because I hopelessly and romantically love film/the act of going to the movies, so I’ll die on this hill AND they’ll still get my money.

JRP
Chester
JPZ
CP
noskey
dangerousg
Master Zik
JRS
MrO
getback

That's 10. We have a couple that have asked to sit out, we can go with 10, or we can add 2-4 more people depending on interest.

This thread has inspired me to be more open in regards to the superhero/comic genre. I've seen barely any of the films picked in that category.

If you couldn't tell by my list it's pretty drama oriented :lol:
That's always been my forte.

Need you dudes to give me a top 5 list of comics movies.

I also haven't seen a F&F flick since Tokyo Drift, because it sort of seemed like they were headed towards XXX territory with cars jumping over helicopters and what not.

I'm your guy. Pay no mind to Zik, he wadn't with us from jump with the F&F franchise so now he feel left out.

Now, in terms of how/which comics you choosin, you gotta decide, do you want the entirety of the films (sequels and such) or just the individual films?

For instance, The Dark Knight would be #1. But it's the 2nd film, so would you go into it without seeing the first?

Captain America Winter Soldier, same thing, it's the sequel.
Captain America Civil War, makes ya wonder how the heck the first one ain't make the list.

Avengers 1, 3, and 4.

Black Panther

Guardians of the Galaxy

Deadpool

If you like these, then you can also watch Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Thor 3, Avengers 2, Captain America 1, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Spiderman Far From Home, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Deadpool 2.

Then all the X-men, if you feel up to it.

If you ask me, you watch one film every single day (or night) with maybe 2-3 on Weekends and you could be caught up within 6 weeks. If you don't like them or enjoy them as much as we do, you could certainly just stop with the first 5-7 I listed and call it good.

As for Fast and Furious, after Tokyo Drift, 4 is good, nostalgic really, but Fast Five is where it really begins, and Fast 6 is the best in the franchise. 7 is when we tragically lost Paul Walker so the film takes a couple bumps, but still solid, Fast 8 is really good, and then Hobbs and Shaw is out now and a solid spinoff. Fast 9 comes out next year, you have about 5-6 months to get thru these and you'll be caught up for that.

All of them are great, tell Zik to have a coke an'a smile. :lol:

Master Zik Master Zik We Need to Talk About Kevin is about to make you feel some type of way, especially with all that's going on in the world. It's a great movie, but a one time watch for sure. As opposed to Argo which C CP1708 mentioned as being on deck. That's an annual watch for me. Preferably around New Year's Eve.
Don't think I've watched Argo since it won outta sheer snobbery :lol:

Def gotta rewatch, esp. in times like this...sheesh.

I'm your guy. Pay no mind to Zik, he wadn't with us from jump with the F&F franchise so now he feel left out.

Now, in terms of how/which comics you choosin, you gotta decide, do you want the entirety of the films (sequels and such) or just the individual films?

For instance, The Dark Knight would be #1. But it's the 2nd film, so would you go into it without seeing the first?

Captain America Winter Soldier, same thing, it's the sequel.
Captain America Civil War, makes ya wonder how the heck the first one ain't make the list.

Avengers 1, 3, and 4.

Black Panther

Guardians of the Galaxy

Deadpool

If you like these, then you can also watch Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Thor 3, Avengers 2, Captain America 1, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Spiderman Far From Home, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Deadpool 2.

Then all the X-men, if you feel up to it.

If you ask me, you watch one film every single day (or night) with maybe 2-3 on Weekends and you could be caught up within 6 weeks. If you don't like them or enjoy them as much as we do, you could certainly just stop with the first 5-7 I listed and call it good.

As for Fast and Furious, after Tokyo Drift, 4 is good, nostalgic really, but Fast Five is where it really begins, and Fast 6 is the best in the franchise. 7 is when we tragically lost Paul Walker so the film takes a couple bumps, but still solid, Fast 8 is really good, and then Hobbs and Shaw is out now and a solid spinoff. Fast 9 comes out next year, you have about 5-6 months to get thru these and you'll be caught up for that.

All of them are great, tell Zik to have a coke an'a smile. :lol:
I'm...gonna brainstorm a bit lol :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom