Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I went with

noskey noskey
mronegative mronegative
Master Zik Master Zik

Can yall rerank my list after seeing Parasite tho? :lol:
Funny enough...

Screenshot_20191025-154503_Textra.jpg

Oh yeah, and by my "group," I started a writers' community is Harlem. We meet up every Tuesday night at Silvana. Normally ~20 of us. All are welcome. ??

Open Mic downstairs this week ??

20191025_154834_0000.png

Any DC universe movie, excluding Wonder Woman, should be skipped. Absolutely terrible films, even for comic book movie standards.

I'm your guy. Pay no mind to Zik, he wadn't with us from jump with the F&F franchise so now he feel left out.

Now, in terms of how/which comics you choosin, you gotta decide, do you want the entirety of the films (sequels and such) or just the individual films?

For instance, The Dark Knight would be #1. But it's the 2nd film, so would you go into it without seeing the first?

Captain America Winter Soldier, same thing, it's the sequel.
Captain America Civil War, makes ya wonder how the heck the first one ain't make the list.

Avengers 1, 3, and 4.

Black Panther

Guardians of the Galaxy

Deadpool

If you like these, then you can also watch Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Thor 3, Avengers 2, Captain America 1, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Spiderman Far From Home, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Deadpool 2.

Then all the X-men, if you feel up to it.

If you ask me, you watch one film every single day (or night) with maybe 2-3 on Weekends and you could be caught up within 6 weeks. If you don't like them or enjoy them as much as we do, you could certainly just stop with the first 5-7 I listed and call it good.

As for Fast and Furious, after Tokyo Drift, 4 is good, nostalgic really, but Fast Five is where it really begins, and Fast 6 is the best in the franchise. 7 is when we tragically lost Paul Walker so the film takes a couple bumps, but still solid, Fast 8 is really good, and then Hobbs and Shaw is out now and a solid spinoff. Fast 9 comes out next year, you have about 5-6 months to get thru these and you'll be caught up for that.

All of them are great, tell Zik to have a coke an'a smile. :lol:

Thanks for this :nthat:

I'm gonna jump in.

You don’t joke about hitler. I don’t care if it’s a kids imaginary friend. It’s one of the most vile creatures to have ever existed. There’s nothing funny about who he was or what he did so there’s no reason to make a movie that is funny revolving around him or ****ing Nazis. It’s despicable and if no one else is offended by the idea of a comedy featuring A depiction of Nazis then idk what to say. There’s certain things you don’t ever touch and shining Nazis in a comedy is one of them. **** that noise.

Any DC universe movie, excluding Wonder Woman, should be skipped. Absolutely terrible films, even for comic book movie standards.
Shazam! was surprisingly really really good imo. Their best so far maybe? Oh and Aquaman is F&F level glorious IDC IDC IDC :lol:

You don’t joke about hitler. I don’t care if it’s a kids imaginary friend. It’s one of the most vile creatures to have ever existed. There’s nothing funny about who he was or what he did so there’s no reason to make a movie that is funny revolving around him or ****ing Nazis. It’s despicable and if no one else is offended by the idea of a comedy featuring A depiction of Nazis then idk what to say. There’s certain things you don’t ever touch and shining Nazis in a comedy is one of them. **** that noise.

:nerd: I'll just speak for myself. Feels like a super hard pivot from the impression of the dude I chatted with before. And I ain't saying you were insensitive back in the day, or anything. Like..you've always struck me as an empathetic soul.

Just...this all ^ reads like a parody of social responsibility imo. "You don't joke Hitler!" Excuse me what? Sir, it's NT... It makes me feel like I'd almost have to walk on eggshells with my comments, cuz I wouldn't know what would offend you.

Oh and I won't btw :lol: I get to be my whole authentic self and trust that people will get it...or not :lol: I'm clear my intentions are joy and insight, so I can explain but eotd, it be what it be..

All being said, you can see by any of my posts, I super duper believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. I only type all this cuz JRS the homie's homie IIRC. ??

Question... You see new Chapelle? Thoughts?

Were you born yesterday?

Long history of joking about Hitler and Nazis.

The Jews have totally owned and flipped that.

You've never seen the Producers? My Furher? The Great Dictator? It goes on and on. This can not be a new concept to you for you to pretend like it's taboo.

Last edited:
Idk I don’t like the idea of joking about it when we literally have an uptick in hate crimes and aryan rhetoric with the idiot in office

just think we need to do better as a society

It’s tough, but I think the easiest way to disarm any horrible subject is to take it, and make fun of it (if done in a smart or clever way).

Everything can be made fun of if done right.

Obviously no one’s condoning what makes those subjects awful BY making fun of it.

I'll participate if you all want another. Someone has to get zero votes and I'll take up that mantle.

Wouldn't be a Draft without you man.

We got 12, pretty much all we need.

Next we need to decide on Genres

Sports
Drama
Comedy
Horror
Thriller
Crime
Sci-Fi
Action
Western
Comics
Utility
Utility

(We can either convert the Utility to somethin else or leave them open ended like this. Ideas?) (Musical, Animation, or just leave them Utility and let each owner make their choices? I prefer utility myself)

12 owners, 12 genres, would be 144 movies total in the history of Cinema to choose from.

Gonna be really hard to figure out what movies to go with :lol: we can easily have like 2-3 roster spots per category and still have so many good movies left

Back
Top Bottom