Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It is good to have you back @mronegative
You were here from the beginning, you carried this thread for long stretches, hell you renamed it when we got ripped from S&T. Glad to have you back for a while. :nthat:

Those that don't know.....last Monday my wife called me with the worst call imaginable......her parents spent the night with us Sunday night, her and I went to work Monday morning while they slept, a few hours later they headed home and were struck head on by a "potential"* drunk driver just a few miles from our house. Just before noon. Zero skidmarks on our side, they never saw it coming, and in that instant, they were gone. As if that wasn't enough, the car went up in flames, removing our chance at seeing them at rest one final time. Today we had their service and I mean our family PACKED that funeral home. People we hadn't seen in 2-3 decades rolled up for this. My wife and daughter will never be the same......

* I say potential because the charges are still pending until the driver is released from the hospital, but we've been assured, it's coming. Sadly, she had a 4 year old relative in the car with her, that baby passed as well. All bad man. All bad. :frown:

I'll never forget my wife's voice in that phone call. Never....
jesus christ, my condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

Been digging C.B. Strike on cinemax. A detective crime show about a private investigator who ends up solving murders with his assistant/p.i. in training.

Based off the books by Robert Galbraith who is really J.K. Rowling.

Pretty short though. Seasons are 2 or 3 episodes. British series style.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say all that.

You place this movie in the 90s away from the politics and social commentary about what's sensitive of today its just a bad action flick with an old man in it.

I found nothing offensive about the cartel, the bosses of it (two brothers), or the time spent in Mexico. Maybe a Mexican can aware me otherwise. Basically trying to say Mexicans cant be villains right now like Sicario dont exist (that's the vibe I got with this cartel).

The entire crux of the plot is Rambo's niece (or a
W/e the relation is) wants to get in touch with her deadbeat dad in Mexico. She gets in contact with an old friend who she doesn't know is in a gang connected to the cartel. The niece ends up getting sex trafficked and drugged up. Rambo goes to save her, he gets beat up by the cartel, he gets help from a Mexican lady whose sister was also a victim. Rambo goes ham on one brother, saves niece, niece dies on the way back to America, Rambo lures the other brother back to his home and kills them all.

Nothing about building walls or Mexican immigrants bringing rapists and killers to America.

I haven't seen it, so I can't really provide my own opinion. The article I read that described it that way did seems to have a political agenda, so they could have been exaggerating.

Then again Stallone is a well known conservative and buddy of Trump so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some strategically placed themes.

giphy.gif

Knives Out was a lot of fun. Everybody top notch, a lot funnier than I expected, and a tight narrative that flew by. Rian Johnson needs to just keep to his wheelhouse, and drop any blockbuster type films. Or at least exercise control over how he handles the blockbuster type films. The only thing I had trouble getting past, as far as characters are concerned, was Toni Collette. She was great, but I had trouble at the start moving past her role from Hereditary when dealing with family. She spun a 180 from that film and it took me a while to get used to and appreciate her character in this story. Other than that, such a great film. One of my favorite of the year, top 5 for sure (for now).

7/8

Rise of the Footsoldier 5/8 - My buddy from the UK put me on these. This one is watchable and actually has a decent storyline with gruesome violence.

Rise of the Footsoldier Part 2 4.25/8 - Goes off the rails a bit from the first. Makes almost no direct tie-ins and doesn't solve the mystery of the first film. Shawn is a straight up G though.

I’m with C CP1708 in still liking to have physical DVDs/Blus. Like this time of year I enjoy going to my holiday movie library and picking something to watch. Already got Elf and Christmas Vacation in so far ...

Probably could have sent you my blus of season 1-4, they are paperweights to me now

Thank you, but I've been wanting the complete set for a while. I've resisted all the 10-15 dollar sales so I could just grab one boxed set. I wish I would have done for Breaking Bad too.

Rise of the Footsoldier Part 3: The Pat Tate Story 4/8 - Easily the worst of the bunch. Timeline is all over actions make no sense.

Rise of the Footsoldier Part 4: Marbella 4.5/8 - Tony and Craig shine in this one. I laughed a lot. The shortest of the bunch and the series is better for it.

Back to actual films worth watching tomorrow...

Peeped Marriage Story as soon as it dropped on Netflix.

Adam Driver ****ing killed it. Joaquin is my dude but Adam deserves the Oscar over him this year. What a performance. ScarJo was great as well.

7/8

Adam Driver ****ing killed it. Joaquin is my dude but Adam deserves the Oscar over him this year. What a performance. ScarJo was great as well.

7/8

Wow it's out? Gonna check it tonight likely.

7/8

Watched it last night. Straight up unnecessarily sad at times (especially the end) :lol: but top notch acting. Well done Driver & Scarjo.

danger style danger style I think it's pretty evident they both may have had love for another at some point (pre-Henry I suppose, or when he was a toddler), but you can argue they weren't actually IN love.

Back
Top Bottom