Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1. Christmas story
  2. Elf
  3. Christmas vacation
  4. Home alone
  5. Die hard
My top 5 Christmas movies in order. Die hard could be replaced. I feel like I’m forgetting an important one

1. Home Alone
2. Elf
3. A Christmas Story
4. Christmas Vacation
5. It's a Wonderful Life

Home Alone 2 definitely appreciated.

Recently learned that Daniel Stern's son is a CA state senator

img_3734-h_2016.jpg

AFI Pick the Top 10 Films of 2019

Marriage Story
The Farewell
Once Upon A Time..... In Hollywood
Richard Jewel
Joker
The Irishman
JoJo Rabbit
Little Women
Knives Out

Not counting 4 movies I haven't seen (one or two I dont plan to; Farewell and Little Women) half this list is weak. American film Institute, American movies so no Parasite.

Really hope Uncut Gems is great. I want a strong award season for good discussion. I dont have a favorite and I don't really see a clear favorite as far as standouts. Don't want a repeat of the last few years.

I just want to see Sandler get nominated and troll the Oscars. I could definitely see him show up in a tuxedo t shirt.

wachowskis haven’t done anything I’ve enjoyed in recent memory, didn’t like Cloud Atlast and knew better than to give Jupiter Ascending a chance.
That being said I’ll end up watching Matrix in theaters.

Doctor Sleep 4.75/8 - There were some real universe building elements and it is a decent sized departure style wise from The Shining. The ending is absolutely terrible though it felt like I wasn't watching the same movie.

John Wick vs Neo

:pimp:

ZERO chance one of these doesn't get moved. No way do you match up two films like this at the same time. Stagger at minimum a week or two off.

That said, I'm seein both immediately so I don't care what day they do it. I'll be there.

We talking The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel anywhere? I watched S1 with my girl, bits and pieces of S2 (not entire), and sat with her watching S3 this week.

S3 was good - swerve ending in the finale - but man some scenes felt so long and pointless.

This weekend, looks like

Uncut Gems
Bombshell
Jumanji
Richard Jewel

:pimp:

Throwing in Bombshell for good measure even though I already feel The Loudest Voice did it better.

Back
Top Bottom