Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Big Hit was a complete change up to me mid-movie. I LOVED the first part when they were a team doin jobs. But once they got into the weird separated vibe and the actual kidnapping they kinda lost me. I still enjoyed it, got a few laughs, but it was a bit over the top compared to the first 20-30 minutes.

The Big Hit was a complete change up to me mid-movie. I LOVED the first part when they were a team doin jobs. But once they got into the weird separated vibe and the actual kidnapping they kinda lost me. I still enjoyed it, got a few laughs, but it was a bit over the top compared to the first 20-30 minutes.

I agree. It got cartoonish at the midway point. SLIGHTLY similar to the heel turn that Dusk til Dawn took from robbery getaway heist to something COMPLETELY different. I think that might be why big hit wasn’t Remembered by many

I always got the impressions his only exposure to black people until he got to Hollywood were in the movies he watched growing up.
I don't think he's aware of how offensive it is but this it still makes me cringe hard. I don't feel like Sam or Jamie would give him a pass and show him so much love if he was doing anything maliciously though. I am surprised nobody has talked to him about it, I remember he did an interview on Sway and he said the n word a couple times referring to what slave owners would say but he wasn't hesitating at all.

Quentin is one of my all time favorite directors, maybe even my favorite if I really think about it, but I always seems like he only knew black and asian people from pop culture things while growing up.

The Platform - 6/8

Dope Spanish film on Netflix if you guys want to check it out and a real quick watch at only a lil over 90 minutes. Cool message overall, even if it was kind of heavy handed at times.

I always got the impressions his only exposure to black people until he got to Hollywood were in the movies he watched growing up.
I don't think he's aware of how offensive it is but this it still makes me cringe hard. I don't feel like Sam or Jamie would give him a pass and show him so much love if he was doing anything maliciously though. I am surprised nobody has talked to him about it, I remember he did an interview on Sway and he said the n word a couple times referring to what slave owners would say but he wasn't hesitating at all.
its similar to the Bruce Lee thing in OUATIH. He basically defended the way Bruce was portrayed in the movie by saying he read a book once and Bruce really acted like that :lol:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was released in theaters 30 years ago today.

MV5BNzg3NTQ4NDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMzNDg4NjE@._V1_.jpg

Just started EastBound and Down again and I forgot how ****ing gold the premiere is :lol:

"Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than ****. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my *** and suck my ****. Everyone.” :rofl:

Just started EastBound and Down again and I forgot how ****ing gold the premiere is :lol:

"Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than ****. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my *** and suck my ****. Everyone.” :rofl:

TenderWarpedBeaver-size_restricted.gif

just reminded me I never finished Season 3 and 4. watched all of Vice Principals and Righteous Gemstones though :lol:

Underwater 3.5/8 - Very throw away alien movie. Had some promise with a decent cast but nah.

The Banker 5.75/8 - Enjoyed this one a lot. Sam Jackson plays his role perfectly and its pretty insightful as well.

Vivarium 5/8 - Weird as hell. Had no idea where this one was going until late which I liked. More creepy than scary.

If you want some casual viewings while you clean the house again for the fifth time today watch Documentary Now! written and created by all the big ex SNL stars of Hader, Maya, Armisten they make parody versions of some of the greatest documentaries of recent years. It looks serious and its all well done but it all those tiny little details that make it funny. like when they did a "doc" on one of the greatest restuarants in the world being in the colombian rainforest they massage the chicken for hours then shoot it against the wall with a cannon. they parody Jiro sushi of dreams. a fleetwood mac esq behind the music. all on netflix

Legion(2010) 5.5/8

obviously a low budget film that was never expected to be “good.” But it had some cool moments. Tyrese was doing Tyrese things. Some pretty cool visuals And a couple good fight scenes. Evil old lady scene had me rolling :lol: I can already see this being a guilty pleasure film.

Ghost Rider(2007) 4/8

The bad outweighs the good in this film. Might be one of the cheapest looking and poorly acted $110 million film ever made :lol:

it looks like it was made in 1992. Cage was not the right person for the role. Certified clunker, but AGAIN, I could see myself making this a guilty pleasure watch :lol:

Episode by episode review tbh. Hell we might need a podcast at this rate :lol:

in other news, im also doing a first time viewing of a critically acclaimed sitcom. On season 2 of Curb now. :nerd:

I haven't dug in like that yet, but in a few eps/seasons I might be able to speak to some things like that.

Back
Top Bottom