Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

*censored* Human Centipede!

*profanity* Human Centipede!

*expletive* Human Centipede!

Nah, man. That ain't it. Actually, you know what? Human Centipede might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me on horror movies. I seriously watched that A2M piece of **** and thought, "Why am I wasting time with this genre? Nah, I'm out."

I'm not... I won't... BRUH... who... and why... would...

Human Centipede was a garbage movie, a waste of time, and utterly insulting to my senses. It's not a horror movie, it's not an experimental film, it's not a movie worth watching. The script was bad, the plot was nonsense, and the characters were bland, boring and betrayed any semblance of intelligence. Horror movies wink and nod to tropes and cliches; the Garbage Centipede drowned the tropes in it's own musty self-indulgent "subversion." For no reason than to have a reason for more of them.

**** the Human Centipede. Probably the only movie I've been physically upset and angered that I wasted my time on. I did not like Hostel, i almost walked out of the theater when i went to see that originally, but even that movie didnt piss me off the way that garbage Centipede pile of **** did.

0.1/8. I only rate it above a 0 because it ended.

Human Centipede was a garbage movie, a waste of time, and utterly insulting to my senses. It's not a horror movie, it's not an experimental film, it's not a movie worth watching. The script was bad, the plot was nonsense, and the characters were bland, boring and betrayed any semblance of intelligence. Horror movies wink and nod to tropes and cliches; the Garbage Centipede drowned the tropes in it's own musty self-indulgent "subversion." For no reason than to have a reason for more of them.

**** the Human Centipede. Probably the only movie I've been physically upset and angered that I wasted my time on. I did not like Hostel, i almost walked out of the theater when i went to see that originally, but even that movie didnt piss me off the way that garbage Centipede pile of **** did.

0.1/8. I only rate it above a 0 because it ended.
giphy.gif

Anyone check out '71, it's a solid movie. I have little knowledge about IRA and the conflict between the English and Northern Irish. Pretty straight forward suspense with exceptional acting which kept the movie immersive, especially given the main character's situation.

For the curious:

Anyone check out '71, it's a solid movie. I have little knowledge about IRA and the conflict between the English and Northern Irish. Pretty straight forward suspense with exceptional acting which kept the movie immersive, especially given the main character's situation.

For the curious:

Damn man. I recorded it a long time ago but deleted it to make space. Not showing anymore. I remember recording it cause of the high tomatoes. I shoulda kept it. Might have to stream it.

Goonies, Stand By Me, Sandlot, :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:
Do you guys ever use current kids to judge if a kids movie from back in the day holds up over time? I just watched The Sandlot with my son about a month ago, and I remember showing him The Goonies last summer. I cannot overemphasize how much he loved both of them. 😂🤙😎 He LOVED the truffle shuffle and Data in Goonies.

And in Sandlot, I kid you not, every time they would show the teeth of The Beast or you would hear the growling and the kids were all afraid, I promise you, he kept saying "I bet it's just some really nice dog and they don't even need to be afraid." Then when we finally see The Beast, he goes "Whoa! That is a huge dog! I bet he's still nice, though." 😂😂😂😂 #animal_lover (not me; he definitely gets that Steve Irwin ish from his mom, but that's a whole different convo.)

Sandlot is my favorite coming of age movie ever and one of my personal favorites overall. Has anyone seen Boyhood? Have been meaning to watch it for sometime.

Yeah Boyhood seems like one of those love/hate movies. Cane off as more of an experiment but they pulled it off. Definitely a trip. Makes you ponder your own life quite a bit. Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette were great. If you ever watch interviews they did you can see how passionate about the project they were.

I would like to echo the sentiments of the thread, RE: Human Centipede. I used to be able to watch all kinds of craziness as a kid, but tbh, once I got older, I lost the need to see extensive violence and gore in films.

Heck, I don't even like seeing people die in movies :blush:

I would like to echo the sentiments of the thread, RE: Human Centipede. I used to be able to watch all kinds of craziness as a kid, but tbh, once I got older, I lost the need to see extensive violence and gore in films.

Heck, I don't even like seeing people die in movies :blush:
I have a theory. I think we gravitate to gore and violence when we're young cause we don't really understand it. We have this natural instinct to want to test our bravery when we're young so we seek out ways to see where the edge is and how close we can get to it because we don't know anything about it, much less ourselves. It's the reason why we climb trees, jump from high places, lie to our parents, steal a candy bar, watch scary movies, and get into fights. We're learning where the line is between ourselves and the world and we're trying figure out what we would do once we find it. The older we get, the more we understand where the lines are and no longer really need to seek it out.

Back
Top Bottom